What's new

MEDIA DAY!!!!! ALL ABOARD!!!!!

Fantastic post-- this is the take-home for today, above all else, IMO.

This is why you gotta stay loyal with your players, and work with them. Hold them accountable, but allow room for error. From top to bottom everyone respects Dennis and Quin, and would walk through walls for them. They've done such a fantastic job with the post-Deron rebuild. It's hard to comprehend. Look no further than Derrick Favors-- I mean in 25/30 teams in the NBA, he would've been dumped or traded. Instead, they've allowed him to progress on offense step by step. He's come out of his shell slowly, on a social standpoint. Just got married, and now he's laughing more in interviews than any other player.

It's really, really refreshing to root for a team that has as phenomenal of a front office as the Utah Jazz. They have absolutely blasted this rebuild, and I think today is the culmination of that. Kudos to all.

Why would 25-30 teams trade Favors? That makes no sense.

Also DL said the Jazz had 7 million in cap-space if the PGs don't produce.

Q: What did you prove last season?
Rudy: That I'm an NBA player

Q: What do you want to prove this season?
Rudy: That I'm a playoff player.

Q: What do you want to prove in the next 5 years?
Rudy: That I'm a championship player.

Fantastic post-- this is the take-home for today, above all else, IMO.

This is why you gotta stay loyal with your players, and work with them. Hold them accountable, but allow room for error. From top to bottom everyone respects Dennis and Quin, and would walk through walls for them. They've done such a fantastic job with the post-Deron rebuild. It's hard to comprehend. Look no further than Derrick Favors-- I mean in 25/30 teams in the NBA, he would've been dumped or traded. Instead, they've allowed him to progress on offense step by step. He's come out of his shell slowly, on a social standpoint. Just got married, and now he's laughing more in interviews than any other player.

It's really, really refreshing to root for a team that has as phenomenal of a front office as the Utah Jazz. They have absolutely blasted this rebuild, and I think today is the culmination of that. Kudos to all.
Nice post, but I hope the culmination is still to come, and I think it is.

it will surprise me so freaking little if Trey just knocks it out of the park this year. It'll be yet another feather in the cap of the Jazz rebuild: when the entire league asked them to cut ties with him, they show patience, and they're paid back for it.
What do you mean by this? I'm unaware of even a single team who tried to get us to cut Trey, let alone the entire league. Why would they? Now the fan base, that's a different issue.

How long has Booner and Locke had a microphone in their hand again? That entire process made my ears bleed. Booner needs to take the mic out of his throat and Locke needs to stick the microphone up to the players when they answer a question.

How long has Booner and Locke had a microphone in their hand again? That entire process made my ears bleed. Booner needs to take the mic out of his throat and Locke needs to stick the microphone up to the players when they answer a question.
Wow. You have very sensitive ears.

Q: What did you prove last season?
Rudy: That I'm an NBA player

Q: What do you want to prove this season?
Rudy: That I'm a playoff player.

Q: What do you want to prove in the next 5 years?
Rudy: That I'm a championship player.
Da man

it will surprise me so freaking little if Trey just knocks it out of the park this year. It'll be yet another feather in the cap of the Jazz rebuild: when the entire league asked them to cut ties with him, they show patience, and they're paid back for it.

If this happens I will gladly eat crow. I have been fairly down on him. I would eat that crow raw and with a big *** smile.

Go Jazz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Are the Locke interviews with the players weird as **** as usual? Should I expect the usual?
I think Locke and Boone both did a very good job. I wasn't bothered by any microphone "problems." Interviews with players were good. And the interviews with both Lindsey and Snyder were informative. Sometimes we're a bit harsh on these guys, so appreciation is due when they've done a good job.

I think Locke and Boone both did a very good job. I wasn't bothered by any microphone "problems." Interviews with players were good. And the interviews with both Lindsey and Snyder were informative. Sometimes we're a bit harsh on these guys, so appreciation is due when they've done a good job.
IAWTP, but you've got to admit, Locke likes to get a bit weird. It's just who he is.

Locke just has this swarmy grin where he ***** his head back and muzzle out his chin that makes the players visually uneasy.

Was Jerrett interviewed? I saw him walk over that way once and then he turned around with his tail between his legs. Not sure if he came back later. Dead man walking. I kind of feel sorry for him.

Millsap is very well spoken. He's a guy who understands his role. Will be interesting to see that last roster spot battle between him and Johnson (provided Withey makes the team). And damn...I really like Cooley. There just isn't a spot for him.