What's new

Media Day

Best bets to add 15 lbs of muscle? We don’t have many skinny dudes. Maybe Jared Butler is the guy.

Can't wait to see our bench destroy opposing 2nd units. Hopefully Whiteside has 3 point range, because that on top of his rim protection would be massively beneficial.

Can't wait to see our bench destroy opposing 2nd units. Hopefully Whiteside has 3 point range, because that on top of his rim protection would be massively beneficial.
He absolutely does not. He is completely Rudy-light. Although he is better in the post on offense than Rudy. Biggest question with Whiteside is can he show consistent effort. If he gets his motor running we'll have something special in our bench unit. If not it'll be ****ing frustrating to watch.

UMMMMMM... yeah... I'm not sure what to tell ya here.

Whiteside will be fine. He makes highlight plays but also makes a lot of dumb plays. As a backup he's good. I even predict he has a couple good nights and some dumbass on this board will spew vomit that maybe Whiteside is just as good as Rudy. No prediction on which dumbass but that dumbass will come.

Oni for sure.

Now best bets to add 15 lbs of fat so they can rest on their honches a la Ostertag?
Yeah that feels right. I might even say Rudy Gay because dude is a worker and might come in and look pretty good in that tank top.

15 lbs of fat is for sure Whiteside. He's also a bit of a goofy dude.

Just get him some tequila for his heart beat and pump his veins full of gasoline. It will keep his motor running.
Yes but will he head out on the highway looking for adventure?

He absolutely does not. He is completely Rudy-light. Although he is better in the post on offense than Rudy. Biggest question with Whiteside is can he show consistent effort. If he gets his motor running we'll have something special in our bench unit. If not it'll be ****ing frustrating to watch.

UMMMMMM... yeah... I'm not sure what to tell ya here.

Whiteside will be fine. He makes highlight plays but also makes a lot of dumb plays. As a backup he's good. I even predict he has a couple good nights and some dumbass on this board will spew vomit that maybe Whiteside is just as good as Rudy. No prediction on which dumbass but that dumbass will come.

HW will be interesting because dude's got some inside game, so he should be able to punish small ball units defense, which is the very big thing Gobert can not do.
I guess he won't be affecting the game on D nowhere near Rudy, but if the guy somehow engages into the Jazz vibes...

Last edited:
HW will be interesting because dude's got some inside post game, so he should be able to punish small ball units defense, which is the very big thing Gobert can not.
I guess he won't be affecting the game on D nowhere near Rudy, but if the guy somehow engages into the Jazz vibes...
I think not punishing small ball is more of a Quin thing. Quin called him up and told him he wouldn't get a lot of post opportunities.

I think not punishing small ball is more of a Quin thing. Quin called him up and told him he wouldn't get a lot of post opportunities.
I'm of ocurse in no position to deny the claim that Snyder won't let Rudy to post enough. It's possible indeed.
That said, Rudy certainly showed time after time, year after year, his lack of ability to exploit smaller guys D one on one.

I'm of ocurse in no position to deny the claim that Snyder won't let Rudy to post enough. It's possible indeed.
That said, Rudy certainly showed time after time, year after year, his lack of ability to exploit smaller guys D one on one.
No, that’s definitely true. I’m not necessarily saying Rudy should post up more, just that is not being able to offensively exploit a 6” mismatch is a coaching thing (with or without Rudy’s offensive limitations) and we’ve never shown any effort that we’re trying to or even aware of the mismatch. My suspicion is that will look the same with Whiteside, unless he goes rogue and does it, which I think would piss a certain someone off.

Last edited:
No, that’s definitely true. I’m not necessarily saying Rudy should post up more, just that is not being able to offensively exploit a 6” mismatch is a coaching thing (with or without Rudy’s offensive limitations) and we’ve never shown any effort that we’re trying to or even aware of the mismatch. My suspicion is that will look the same with Whiteside, unless he goes rogue and does it, which I think would piss a certain someone off.
Those guys are built different though. The issue with Rudy is he’s light and has a high center of gravity… so guys can move him around. Little guys are basically allowed to commit murder on big guys so it’s not like an easy thing. Whiteside may have more success dealing off the guy and finishing… so not a post up… but bury the guy under the hoop and catch and finish.

Rudy has sometimes struggled to catch and finish if it isn’t a dunk. I think Whiteside may be able to do some of that… I honestly think the best way to punish small ball is to kill the offensive glass. Run your normal stuff and then get extra efficient opportunities. If you had Jokic or Embiid you can run the post up and bury them but that is kinda their normal MO. When you are a hyper efficient offense you don’t want to completely alter what you do. Sitting someone at the basket is highly disruptive to our normal ****.

Tangent- I personally can’t stand playing pickup with post up players on my team. It makes every drive harder and limits your ability to get everyone involved. You either dump it to them… drive into a crowd or someone shoots a pull-up.

Eh, he's been working on his range. I don't expect him to be shooting like Memo, but he does have a better offensive game than Gobert. He's been putting a lot of work into his perimeter game as of late.