What's new

Media Day

UMMMMMM... yeah... I'm not sure what to tell ya here.

Whiteside will be fine. He makes highlight plays but also makes a lot of dumb plays. As a backup he's good. I even predict he has a couple good nights and some dumbass on this board will spew vomit that maybe Whiteside is just as good as Rudy. No prediction on which dumbass but that dumbass will come.
That's gonna be me. I'm a pretty big Whiteside mark.

UMMMMMM... yeah... I'm not sure what to tell ya here.

Whiteside will be fine. He makes highlight plays but also makes a lot of dumb plays. As a backup he's good. I even predict he has a couple good nights and some dumbass on this board will spew vomit that maybe Whiteside is just as good as Rudy. No prediction on which dumbass but that dumbass will come.
Gun to your head do you take whiteside or javale mcgee?

Gun to your head do you take whiteside or javale mcgee?
I shoot myself….

Honestly though it’s a toss up. I don’t mind either as a backup tbh. If Whiteside is *** I am confident Udoka can give us 10-12 minutes of play at a better than Tony Bradley level. I also think Rudy Gay gives us a small ball 5 option that’s interesting.

Jazz, NFL, NCAAF all going on at the same time plus perfect weather, great fishing (spawning in the rivers) and the leaves changing colors.
Great time of year. Probably the best (though I do love the spring in April and early may)

By the way, I got those Cat Fancy magazines back I loaned you, but did you spill something on them? Pages are all stuck together.
I knew you'd enjoy that part.

this season can't come quick enough Still months of lockdown to go, we need some jingling relief
I just had an opportunity to move to Sydney. That is the fastest I have ever said no, haha. China's borders are closed but once inside everything is open. I cant go back to lockdown. Plus its a **** place, so there's that :p.

Most years i can't wait for media day. Having a hard time getting excited this year. Probably because of the messed up year and a half we've been through with covid. I'm hoping that once preseason starts i can get into it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz, NFL, NCAAF all going on at the same time plus perfect weather, great fishing (spawning in the rivers) and the leaves changing colors.
Great time of year. Probably the best (though I do love the spring in April and early may)
What rivers are your favorite for fishing during the spawn? I assume it has to be rivers with Browns this time of year.

I can't wait for the temperature to get down to the low 70s. This has been a brutally hot summer

No, that’s definitely true. I’m not necessarily saying Rudy should post up more, just that is not being able to offensively exploit a 6” mismatch is a coaching thing (with or without Rudy’s offensive limitations) and we’ve never shown any effort that we’re trying to or even aware of the mismatch. My suspicion is that will look the same with Whiteside, unless he goes rogue and does it, which I think would piss a certain someone off.

You can count the number of C's who actually exploit this on one hand, and those are the guys who exploit everyone in the post. Truth is, it's not really much of a mismatch. Even if you're able to get the ball to Rudy to "post up" that's an instant double team and he's going to have to pass out of it. Even if you watch Ayton against the Clippers (who had a great series btw), there are almost zero moments of him posting up smaller players. He did score a lot against smaller guys, but it was because CP3, Booker, and Cam Payne are dishing him the ball after getting dribble penetration. If Conley was playing and Mitchell wasn't, Gobert would have scored so much more. That's just a difference in how the two guards pay. Mitchell is obviously going to call his own number more and when he does make a pass it's likely a kick out to 3. He's probably one of the best in the league at throwing cross court passes to shooters but is great at dump offs to the roll man.

At the end of the day, I think it's an overblown problem anyways. We dominated on offense with or without Gobert exploiting mismatches. We we're posting 120+ offensive ratings and still losing that is not the issue. Whatever we're doing on offense is working extremely well. In general, however, I think complaining about a big man being unable to exploit a mismatch is just an old man yelling at a cloud. It doesn't happen in today's game and it's because it's not effective.