What's new

Memo Named Team Ambassador for the Jazz

addictionary

Link: https://news.hotboxsports.com/NBA/article/40106

Copy+Paste:

Mehmet Okur is back with the Utah Jazz.

Not as a player, though. The lovable, sharpshooting Turkish big man isn't leaving the retirement life anytime soon.

Rather, Okur has agreed to be a team ambassador in an official capacity for the NBA team he played for from 2004-11.

Jazz CEO Greg Miller complimented Okur because, he said in a statement released by the team's PR crew, the center "has always carried himself with class and dignity."

Miller said Okur will work with players, sponsors and fans. The 2007 NBA All-Star will also help with the organization's alumni, community and fan relations efforts; the Jazz's business development; and perhaps even with basketball operations, according to the press release.

"Memo quickly became a fan favorite when he arrived in Utah and has maintained that popularity to this day," Jazz president Randy Rigby said in a statement. "Having spent the majority of his career here, he has always been a Jazzman and has maintained strong ties to the team and community.

Good news. Always good to see his face around.

I love memo

From Memo...
I was very happy and excited when I got the job offer from the Jazz after the two years. So, I want it to start as soon as possible. The job won't require me to be with the team every single day, that's a plus for me, especially at the beginning. They will give me a program/schedule. I will be together with the team on the game days, both home and away games. I will also be with them on some practices in preparation periods and during the season. I will help big players, primarily Enes, and other young players both on court and off court. I will attend to sponsorship meetings, for instance, I've participated in two golf events about ten days ago and had the chance to meet with some sponsors. So that way, I have kind of started to work officially. I think I might also get assigned with tasks if/when there is an international project like in Turkey or somewhere else.

I have mostly achieved all of my goals on the court, this is my first job off the court as of now. My goals, in later years, are to be an assistant coach in the NBA and raising the bar even higher afterwards. My biggest goal right now is to be an assistant coach in the NBA.

I'd really like to see Memo next to the court as an assistant coach someday.

Turkish source: https://www.ntvspor.net/video-galeri/asil-hedefim-asistan-kocluk

His wife Yeliz (the former Miss Turkey!!!! FYI) posted a sweet Instagram comment, I'll try to link.

I think that's awesome!! Memo was and is a a fan favorite. It's good to give back and return the loyalty to an organization that you played so many years for. Great hire! Good luck to Memo in his new role!! Let's go Jazz!

here's a link: https://instagram.com/p/tlljrfPuYX/?modal=true

Gerek duruşun, gerek kişiliğin, gerek basketbol hayatın,gerekse bir eş, bir baba olarak yeni nesile hep örnek bir insan olmaya çalıştın. Hayatının ikinci dönemine adım attığın bu günde bizde en az senin kadar heyecanlıyız. Seni çok seviyor ve seninle gurur duyuyoruz. whether your stance, your character, your basketball career, or in your role as a husband and father you have always been a good role model for the new generations. Today we are exited as you are stepping to second part of your life. We love you so much and we are so proud of you.Good to be part of the Utah Jazz again. #Utahjazz #Newbeginning #basketballforewer @mehmetokur13

very sweet!

Reactions: ema
This is really promising that Okur is back to the Jazz organization and Kanter is still in. Good things might happen out of this.

Oha bu ne okuyamadım bile!!

Şimdi abi, elimizde iki dede var, biri ötekine "de dede" dedirtmeye çalışıyor ya da öyle bir şey :confused:, öteki ise "de dede" demedim diyor. Sanırım eskilerin bir nüktesi.

Şu şekilde okuyabilirsin rahatlıkla. Dede de, "de dede" dedi de, "de dede" demedim. :)

Şimdi abi, elimizde iki dede var, biri ötekine "de dede" dedirtmeye çalışıyor ya da öyle bir şey :confused:, öteki ise "de dede" demedim diyor. Sanırım eskilerin bir nüktesi.

Şu şekilde okuyabilirsin rahatlıkla. Dede de, "de dede" dedi de, "de dede" demedim. :)

Thanks for retarding it down for my level ;)