What's new

Memphis @ Utah :: Monday : December 6 : 2K10 :: 7 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Pau was a free agent. Knowing that and that they weren't going to be able to re-sign him (I can only assume), it's not that lopsided. Marc and a couple of 1sts (and Javaris) for a guy who wasn't going to be around in a few months anyway is quite a bit in fact imo.

He wasn't a free agent. Memphis was just dumping his salary and was requiring only draft picks and expiring contracts in return.

If I'm not mistaken, Pau was a free agent. Knowing that and that they weren't going to be able to re-sign him (I can only assume), it's not that lopsided. Marc and a couple of 1sts (and Javaris) for a guy who wasn't going to be around in a few months anyway is quite a bit in fact imo.

Pau is currently under the same contract that he signed. It was extended last year, but regardless would've still been under contract for this year at least.

The Lakers got a lot better immediately, The Grizzlies didn't get any worse and in fact got better over the next couple of years. I think the trade looks less lopsided in retrospect considering those things. Pau is a 2nd-fiddle player and wasn't doing much for the Grizzlies at the time. In retrospect, I honestly doubt the Grizzlies could've gotten much more than a ****-ton of cap relief, Marc Gasol (debateably the best young C [been in the NBA less than 3 years] in the league), and two late first-rounders, whether LA came out like Kings or not.

Ya way off, like already mentioned, as a Jazz fan you should remember it cause Pau signing his contract set the Market for AK to get his contract, so both AK and Pau's contract are basically identical.
YB showed the record already but also the year before (minus Fish and Pau) the Fakers where a first round exit to the Suns and Kobe went on his summer tirade blasting Bynam and LA's ownership and demanding a trade.

Guess a few years of dominance effects peoples memory or lack of one.

Memphis is playin back to back but that doesn't matter. JAZZ LOSE

How'd'ya figure that one?

Jazz know they need to take care of their homecourt, and probably want to earn back a little respect after Dallas danced around celebrating last weekend. I think Jazz show up to play tonight, and mend their damaged pride with a W.

How'd'ya figure that one?

Jazz know they need to take care of their homecourt,

Do they? 4 losses already at home.

and probably want to earn back a little respect after Dallas danced around celebrating last weekend. I think Jazz show up to play tonight, and mend their damaged pride with a W.

And how do we get even a 'little' respect by beating a club that is 5 games below .500?

Don't get me wrong, they've already exceeded my expectations with their play, but their home issues need to be worked out posthaste. Because it's doubtful that they remain this hot on the road for the entire season.

Do they? 4 losses already at home.

One would hope that Jerry has instilled a new fire inside of our players after the most recent loss at home.

Gotta kick the habit soon. Tonight, and the rest of this week is a good place to start.

Hey Jean Luc...?? I thought you were done?? I mean you put it all on the line against the Mavs, I think it's time to pony up now...

You said you would never come back... What gives??

Drinking another four loko tonight ready for the game to start.
Really need a win tonight after the Dallas let down.

Conley's averaging 15.7 ppg on 47.2% from the floor (better than Deron) and 35.8% from three (also better than Deron). With 6.9 assists, 3.3 rebounds and 2.2 steals to boot, that's hardly "not good." Especially considering he's just 23 years old and the chuckers on his team.

My bad; I didn't realize that he was playing that well. I guess that I was thinking the debacle of the Hawks drafting Marvin Williams over Deron and CP3. Now that was a miss that a bonafide PG.

Disappointing performance from Jazz so far. Should have outplayed, outhustled the Grizzlies who are playing 2nd game in consecutive nights. No excuse for horribly poor execution and lazy off ball movement. This game is as important as any game of the regular season, hopefully guys will figure out.

AK should stop doing whatever he is trying to do, which is certainly not playing efficient basketball. Lots of threes and not being able to capitalize on terrible zone defense by Grizzlies.

Deron, CJ, Bell, and Elson had good games. Everyone else a whole lot of meh.

Ugly win tonight. Let's hope we show a bit more passion against satan on Wed.