What's new

Mesh. That's right, I done said "mesh," Sukka

Hopper

Banned
By James Wong (Heat Featured Columnist) on July 22, 2010

"The newly-formed trio of Deron Williams, Al Jefferson, and Mehmet Okur could definitely mesh better than "Miami Thrice" in 2010-11.

There will be less egos clashing, as Williams is clearly the leader of the team. But this will not hinder the effectiveness of his frontcourt sidekicks.

Jefferson should pick up where Carlos Boozer left off as an effective and versatile offensive weapon. Hold on though, aren't we talking about trios?

Correct. Add in Okur's ability to space the floor, and you have one of the more effective trios in the league. While Okur has regressed in recent years, he is still capable of filling it up if the defense does not respect his shooting.

The only reason this trio doesn't rank higher is because we haven't actually seen Jefferson play with the other two. Barring some bizarre circumstance, they should be a threat on the West Coast come 2010-11."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...y-mesh-better-than-lebron-miami-thrice#page/4

Well, there ya have it, then, eh?

By James Wong (Heat Featured Columnist) on July 22, 2010

"The newly-formed trio of Deron Williams, Al Jefferson, and Mehmet Okur could definitely mesh better than "Miami Thrice" in 2010-11.

There will be less egos clashing, as Williams is clearly the leader of the team. But this will not hinder the effectiveness of his frontcourt sidekicks.

Jefferson should pick up where Carlos Boozer left off as an effective and versatile offensive weapon. Hold on though, aren't we talking about trios?

Correct. Add in Okur's ability to space the floor, and you have one of the more effective trios in the league. While Okur has regressed in recent years, he is still capable of filling it up if the defense does not respect his shooting.

The only reason this trio doesn't rank higher is because we haven't actually seen Jefferson play with the other two. Barring some bizarre circumstance, they should be a threat on the West Coast come 2010-11."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...y-mesh-better-than-lebron-miami-thrice#page/4

Well, there ya have it, then, eh?

It is settled championship is ours!!! Lets hope that achilles cooperates. As far as the Heat is concerned we will see what a 82 game schedule does to their chemistry and if one of the big 3 gets injured. Uhoh!

I really don't think Okur is the key to a Utah Jazz championship. If he is then we're in big trouble.

How can you make that claim without once mentioning the word "Achilles?" Horrendously reasoned.

I aint knowwin this Wong guy...I gotta fess up: With a name like that ya gotta figure straight from jump street that he don't know nuthin. Sounds like he reports on the Heat, though, so mebbe he knows sumthin we don't about that sorry team. Don't make no difference really who sez it, though. Come hell or high water Sloan and them boys is gunna MESH the league plumb UP, I tellya!

He's probably a satire columnist, and his real name is James Wrong.

But you know those asians...

In spite of the source, there is a kernel of truth here - Jefferson and Okur are a good complement on offense, Okur can go out to the three point line and leave plenty of room on the low block for Jefferson to go one-on-one with his defender. Also, having a lineup of D-Will, Bell, Miles, Okur and AJ will discourage opponents using zone defence, again giving AJ every opportunity to "get nasty" inside.

On defence, well, let's hope that AJ is serious about wanting to improve that aspect of his game. IMHO he is an upgrade over Boozer already, if for no other reason he is willing to admit 'D' is his weakness and he needs to improve. If Bell can still stay in front of his man, that will help on that end too. In fact the Bell signing is another example of getting a perfect complement to the existing roster. For example, I like this defensive line-up: AJ, Millsap, AK, Bell, D-Will. And that's a line-up that can still score points, too.

It is settled championship is ours!!! Lets hope that achilles cooperates. As far as the Heat is concerned we will see what a 82 game schedule does to their chemistry and if one of the big 3 gets injured. Uhoh!

Just think what Achilles could do if he really were on the team!