What's new

Metta 'WORLD PEACE' cheap shot on James Harden

There isn't any irony here. I can't think of a time that Malone injured someone without making a basketball play.

Not dirty at all. He went to block his shot and missed. Take the ball among the trees you run the risk of getting your *** kicked...

....exactly! Malone was not only NOT a dirty player, he was an ambassador for the game of basketball and the NBA in general! Artest is a puke. Malone played the game and his position in text book style. He had more class and basketball brains in his little finger than Artest and most of the NBA have in their collective tattooed bodies! I think Cyrone Torbin should be given a warning, be soundly reprimanded and banned from posting anything Jazz related for at least the length of Artests suspension!

Malone just disguised his better, and never hit anyone in the soft spot that MWP did.

The one on Thomas may have been by mistake, but I'm not sure. The one on Nash was for sure intentional. Don't sugar coat it. I still like Malone, but the dude used force with his elbow. Just because he covered it up in the setting of "making a basketball play" doesn't make it acceptable. If someone did that to Stockton, you would be up in arms about how dirty a play it was.

But keep living in denial that Malone didn't have his fair share of "dirty" moments.
You see no difference between a dirty "play". And hitting somebody in the side of the head on a dead ball? Malone's acts were all during play. Dirty or not is irrelevant. Artest's assault on Harden was during a dead ball. No play to be made and no excuse.

I have never defended Malone's elbows. Besides that he never went into the stands and tried to fight 30,000 people.

Cy keeps being wrong about stuff.... day after day, thread after thread... has to have every detail of every issue debated and explained, always arguing for the incorrect conclusion.

You see no difference between a dirty "play". And hitting somebody in the side of the head on a dead ball? Malone's acts were all during play. Dirty or not is irrelevant. Artest's assault on Harden was during a dead ball. No play to be made and no excuse.

I didn't say there wasn't a difference. I'm just saying let's not like Malone's were all clean, some of them were terrible. I just find it funny how some can defend them with homer goggles and I think it is ironic since one of favorite players is probably one of the dirtier ones when it comes to elbows.

If you are so blind to not even acknowledge that the situation has irony then you are blind, an idiot, or just trying to disagree with me for the sake of it. It's probably all 3 though.

I didn't say there wasn't a difference. I'm just saying let's not like Malone's were all clean, some of them were terrible. I just find it funny how some can defend them with homer goggles and I think it is ironic since one of favorite players is probably one of the dirtier ones when it comes to elbows.
Funny thing is one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen play was Stockton. He was a master at using his elbows in the small of a bigs back hitting just the right spot to hurt like hell. Malone's elbows were dirty. I have no problem with calling them that.

But what Artest has in the past done and did here is not even a part of the game of basketball. He should seriously be arrested for the play on Harden. The ball was dead. What he did is akin to walking up to a guy after the game is over and decking them in the side of the face when they are not looking. Not only was it a ***** thing to do. But it was completely uncalled for. And unjustifyable in any way.

is artest crazy, or really smart and ruthless?
he sits out the first round, but the Lakers have the psychological edge against OKC when they meet up, which they probably will. Harding might not be the same this year, and even assuming Harding can even play effectively by the 2nd round, Artest will also be back for most of that series, and OKC needs Harding more than the Lakers need Artest IMO.

Harding did get in his way as he was running down the court, similar to when that Dallas player tried to hold GH and GH gave him a bit of an elbow.

THAT IS THE FUNNIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN on THE INTERNET. James harden's ****ty haircut didn't help him out much there.

Funny thing is one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen play was Stockton. He was a master at using his elbows in the small of a bigs back hitting just the right spot to hurt like hell. Malone's elbows were dirty. I have no problem with calling them that.

But what Artest has in the past done and did here is not even a part of the game of basketball. He should seriously be arrested for the play on Harden. The ball was dead. What he did is akin to walking up to a guy after the game is over and decking them in the side of the face when they are not looking. Not only was it a ***** thing to do. But it was completely uncalled for. And unjustifyable in any way.

Yes, I know. Just saying a board of Jazzfanz getting worked up about is somewhat ironic.