What's new

Mighty White of Us!

Or, you know, it could be you that's racist by assuming that one guy is going to be better than another simply because he's black.

LOL. Whatever you say Rush. On the aggregate, black players are more successful in the NBA because of their genetic codes, which were propagated by 200 years of selective breeding processes due to the slave trade. That's not racist, that's reality.

Did someone do that analysis? I'd like to see it.

And if one were to do that analysis, should one take into account European players being stashed overseas for a later date?

I did that analysis. It's not hard to count the ratio of white/black players the Jazz have selected in the last 10 years of drafts versus the total league ratio of white/black players drafted. It was a very rough count indeed, but the Jazz select about 40% white while the rest of the league selects about 20% white.

Deron is half and half. Maybe we took Hayward hoping to get the Pacers to panic and trade us all kinds of stuff cause they, too, like the whiteys.

So would the logic go something like this?

Some Black basketball players have a poor view of Salt Lake City (rightly or wrongly, I don't know) and aren't keen to live there. So there is a possibility that the Jazz in the draft lean more towards players they are more confident of keeping...therefore the Jazz are racist but the black players are not?

Now if black players can say they don't want to play in SLC because there isn't a large black community there. And Yi can say he wasn't keen on playing in Milwaukee because there wasn't a large Asian community there. Could a white player say they were not pleased with the prospect of playing in Atlanta because there wasn't a large enough white community there?

I'm just trying to understand the logic here.

so would the logic go something like this?

Some black basketball players have a poor view of salt lake city (rightly or wrongly, i don't know) and aren't keen to live there. So there is a possibility that the jazz in the draft lean more towards players they are more confident of keeping...therefore the jazz are racist but the black players are not?

Now if black players can say they don't want to play in slc because there isn't a large black community there. And yi can say he wasn't keen on playing in milwaukee because there wasn't a large asian community there. Could a white player say they were not pleased with the prospect of playing in atlanta because there wasn't a large enough white community there?

I'm just trying to understand the logic here.

this.

Just for you Nate:

In the first round of the 2010 NBA draft 13% of the selections were white players.

In the last 10 or so years that percentage is closer to 20% due to the euro-craze of the early 2000's.

In comparison, for the last 10 years of Utah first round draft history, 45% of their selections have been white players (this is excluding Kris Humphries and Deron Williams who are both half white).

In the last 12 years, that percentage is 47%

At 14 years- 41%

At 16 years- 47%

Conclusion: For whatever reason (*coughmoneycough*) the Jazz are wildly prejudice towards drafting white men relative to the league average.

Hayward and Fesenko are in the Jazz top 8? Why just the last 20 years? Is it because then your argument sucks even more because Boston had Bird, McHale, Ainge, Walton, and Sichting in their top 8 and were probably the best team ever?

This aggression will not stand, man.

The Jazz have drafted over 100% more white guys than the league average in the last 10 years. Not sure if they think it's truly necessary to field a team that fits with the local culture or whether they're flat out incompetent racists.

Obama needs to launch an immediate investigation. There has to be a law against having too many white guys on the team.

Hayward and Fesenko are in the Jazz top 8? Why just the last 20 years? Is it because then your argument sucks even more because Boston had Bird, McHale, Ainge, Walton, and Sichting in their top 8 and were probably the best team ever?

This aggression will not stand, man.

Larry Bird's not white. Larry's clear.