What's new

Mike Conley Appreciation Thread

SoberasHotRod

Watching Mike Conley in person yesterday gave me a new appreciation for him. He is one of our only players that consistently gives good effort on offense and defense every play. He's just such a professional in his approach to the game. His per game stats are nothing special this year, but I still think he's having his best season for us. He is a master of running our offense. He's a great teammate. He's a pleasure to watch.

And he had to be on the floor when things are tight at the end of a game. Best at taking care of the ball and best decision maker on the team.

Mike didn't have a great game last night, but still found a way to have a positive impact on the game (+10). According to Locke that is 20 games in a row he has had a positive +/-

Not only does Conley make everyone better, he is by far our best ball handler and decision maker in the clutch.

Ball should be in his hands down the stretch of most games.
Amen. And if we need a 3 the 2 guys who shoot the best in the clutch are Mike and Bogey. It is why the notion of trading Conley only makes sense if you are throwing in the towel on the season. It is also what is confusing about those who say we should have never acquired Conley. He has huge impact on the success of this team.

Amen. And if we need a 3 the 2 guys who shoot the best in the clutch are Mike and Bogey. It is why the notion of trading Conley only makes sense if you are throwing in the towel on the season. It is also what is confusing about those who say we should have never acquired Conley. He has huge impact on the success of this team.
I think you’re right about clutch time, but you’re failing to acknowledge his age, his size and the fact that his minutes are restricted. He’s a good fit but not a great one and the fact that he’s having a good season is all the more reason to trade now IMO. Sentimentality is one thing but this is a business after all.

Lopo invading a positive thread to be a hating *** bitch, what's new?
You came at me Cy. Shocker.

I'm all for loving on our Jazz men who are playing great, and I have said that Conley is playing great this year.

I simply won't kiss anybody's *** until they help us in the playoffs. Isn't that why we gave up so much to get him?