What's new

MIKE ****ING CONLEY BABY!!!

The attempts to put Mike on the same argumentative playing field as Joe and Royce are laughable.

Sure, I’ll criticize Joe and Royce. But the costs of acquiring Mike—and what those costs may portend for the future of the franchise—put Mike in an entirely different stratosphere, thank you very much.

“I wonder why we pick on Mike, but continue to give Randy Rigby and his continuous toxic impact a pass?”
—and other such desperate relativisms from silly Jazz fans.

Like most people with an IQ over 80, I understand Conley’s salary compared to Ingles/Royce’s, the cost of bringing Conley in, and what expectations came along with his acquisition. I do however appreciate you taking the time to circle back and point all of that out.

At this point, Conley’s salary vs production is a discussion for the offseason. The way I see it, we’re starting the home stretch and it seems as if we’re starting to get the best version of Conley since joining the Jazz. Hopefully it continues. As far as Royce/Ingles, obviously it’s not an apples to apples argument with Conley, but what I do know is that they’re both integral pieces to our rotation and that have both looked like dog **** for quite awhile.

He was averaging 15/5 in the previous 10 games before the big night in Boston.

Also, pre injury his last 10 games were 17/7. You have your sample size he is just the current heel for jazzfanz.com.

Let's not talk about Ingles complete disappearing act for damn near a full season or more though cause he's a fan favorite. Or how about Royce literally putting up about 3 to 5 points a game on his new contract. Nope, it's all about Conley.
10 games before his injury, jazz record 4-6. While he was injured, jazz record 16-4. Record over the last 10 games, 6-4. So 10-10 with him playing the absolute best he has during this season, 16-4 not playing at all.

I really hope the Boston game is what we can really expect, where Conley not only plays well but where it also leads us to a win. That matters more than all the 16 point "break-out" games in the world.

Like most people with an IQ over 80, I understand Conley’s salary compared to Ingles/Royce’s, the cost of bringing Conley in, and what expectations came along with his acquisition. I do however appreciate you taking the time to circle back and point all of that out.

At this point, Conley’s salary vs production is a discussion for the offseason. The way I see it, we’re starting the home stretch and it seems as if we’re starting to get the best version of Conley since joining the Jazz. Hopefully it continues. As far as Royce/Ingles, obviously it’s not an apples to apples argument with Conley, but what I do know is that they’re both integral pieces to our rotation and that have both looked like dog **** for quite awhile.
Thanks for circling back and pointing out how a post that wasn’t addressed to you made you feel.

We don’t come close to winning this game without him. He’s really starting to come to form. I think it’s time for some apologies and time for 95% of this board to eat some crow.

We've won ONE game against a quality team on the road with him. He needs to do more than that to get an apology from me!

We've won ONE game against a quality team on the road with him. He needs to do more than that to get an apology from me!

This is a very fair stance. All I’m going off is the eyeball test and it just seems to me that Mike has started to turn the corner. That being said, the whole Conley experience thus far has been extremely up and down to say the least, so who the hell knows what next week looks like?

It appears the Jazz may have found a lineup combination with Conley that really clicks. In 54 minutes (obviously a very limited sample size), the Conley/Clarkson/Ingles/Niang/Bradley lineup has an eye-popping 35.7 net rating. It'll be fun to see if they can keep it up against Detroit tonight.

10 games before his injury, jazz record 4-6. While he was injured, jazz record 16-4. Record over the last 10 games, 6-4. So 10-10 with him playing the absolute best he has during this season, 16-4 not playing at all.

I really hope the Boston game is what we can really expect, where Conley not only plays well but where it also leads us to a win. That matters more than all the 16 point "break-out" games in the world.

I mean, he scored 25 but yeah. Also, can't blame 1 player for an entire team literally ******** the bed for a long stretch of games.

It appears the Jazz may have found a lineup combination with Conley that really clicks. In 54 minutes (obviously a very limited sample size), the Conley/Clarkson/Ingles/Niang/Bradley lineup has an eye-popping 35.7 net rating. It'll be fun to see if they can keep it up against Detroit tonight.
Thanks for that. Good info

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I mean, he scored 25 but yeah. Also, can't blame 1 player for an entire team literally ******** the bed for a long stretch of games.
Sometimes correlation does equal causation.

Most of JFC has gone down the drain this year with their player evaluation. Conley rebounding to good form started in December but people continued to freak out about any bad stretch he had. A guy coming off a career year just doesn't turn into trash in one off season.

Lmfao. They still got two all stars and were at home. STFU with that BS about them not being good.
Walker was on a minutes restriction and is rusty af. Advanced stats say Tatum isn’t as great as his reputation. Their bench is thin right now.
It’s fair to question the quality of that win, bru

His first couple of months were 100% straight up garbage. Can’t remeber exactly where he picked up but I’m left with the impression it was the best part of half a season

He was hot garbage until at least 75 percent of his first season was in the rearview. And even then he was dared to shoot, essentially making our offense play 4 on 5. Short memories some Jazz fans have.

His first couple of months were 100% straight up garbage. Can’t remeber exactly where he picked up but I’m left with the impression it was the best part of half a season
He had a good December.

EDIT: maybe it was January. Can’t remember. Or maybe he had a good stretch in both months.

Last edited:
He had a good December.

EDIT: maybe it was January. Can’t remember. Or maybe he had a good stretch in both months.
He had a good December and there’s reason to believe. Maybe this year will be better than the last. And for fish it’s one more day up in the canyons, and for NAOS it’s one more night in Hollywood. But if you think Mike can be forgiven, I wish you would.

I never hated the guy, but I hated the trade. I still do. I'm glad he played well tonight. And I'm glad we won. I still hate the trade.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Exactly- I'm pretty sure that Jae could manage to give us 25 once in 60 games this year. Good for Mike! This game doesn't make it a good trade- whatsoever. If people want to blame someone for all the slack Mike Conley has gotten, blame Mike. Hes the guy that hasn't shown up for 60 games.