MIL Bucks @ YOUR Utah Jazz.. tonight at 7pm mtn on ROOT

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Dr. Jones, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Thee jazz fan

Thee jazz fan Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Don't get me wrong I'm happy with Burke's play lately but CJ Miles says hi
    actually X played pretty good to start the year, he has since then hit the rookie wall

2. Hantlers

Hantlers Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Enes was also physically able to compete in the NBA. Exum isn't. And Enes has never lacked confidence.

3. Stifle Tower

Stifle Tower Punch Bowl Re-Filler

Jun 3, 2010
    Understatement of the year.

4. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    smart, by far.

5. green

green Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    How big has/will being the starter help Exum. He isn't some overhyped weakling that spent half the year in the DLeague. He is the STARTING PG on a very hot team right now. If we finish the year 18-10, that's a .643 winning percentage, or 53 wins next year.

How does that help you get motivated, knowing you are the starting PG for a very, very good team? That has to help give you confidence while working to get bigger, stronger, faster. Once Exum decides to take it to the rim, watch out. Gobert and Exum P&R could be nasty. Alley oops all over the place. Unstoppable. With Gordan and Snell/Hood/Matthews/Burks on the wings? Our offense goes from horrible to incredible very quickly.

I think Exum starting this year will pay off big time this summer.

JLT likes this.
  6. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2019 Award Winner 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    Good post

7. Stifle Tower

Stifle Tower Punch Bowl Re-Filler

Jun 3, 2010
    Or it could work the exact opposite. Exum may think all he needs to do to help the team win is just continue to pass off to Hayward and go hide in the corner, shooting the occasional three. I'm of the opinion you should have to EARN your playing time on the team. Right now Exum is a 3rd-string PG at best. The motivation SHOULD be that to get ANY time on a winning team, he needs to prove it. Right now he's producing the least of any of the rotation players. Yet he starts. Fortunately. Snyder is now yanking him early and starting Trey in the 2nd half. I don't think Exum GETS IT yet. Snyder had said a couple of times he's told Dante to be aggressive and not worry about making mistakes. Dante continues to ignore that advice.

8. stitches

stitches Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Quin has started holding him accountable. I've seen him yank him out several times already in the beginning of quarters(like 2-3 mins in) after he shows weak-minded-ness and softness and not enough aggression. Last game he got him out after 3 mins in the first Q. In the third Q, he didn't start him, he got him in with 7:30 to go, Dante made a couple of TO and Quin took him out with 3:30 to go in the quarter. He didn't get him back in the game. Trey played the last 15:30 mins of the game without a sub.

9. candrew

candrew Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    That's right - I've seen Dante have a few 2 minute shifts were he was hauled right back to the bench for something that QS didn't like.

10. BabyPeterzz

BabyPeterzz Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Trey has also started the last 2 third quarters. Dante played only 12 minutes against MIL.

Q is getting sick of Dante's lack of aggression me thinks.

11. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    Well all reports indicate he has a sever work ethic. If that is the case I expect him to dramatically improve in year 2.

12. da ThRONe

da ThRONe Active Member

Nov 26, 2013
    I agree. By all accounts starting and getting substantial mins should help Exum. I'm of the opinion that if being thrown to the fire kills a guys confidence he's not that special anyways. One thing I remember being discussed was how Exum's "competitive spirit" tested off the charts.

As I said earlier it way too early to judge the guy, but I think you can start to get a feel for him. Some guys stats stink because they are inconsistent, and some so the athletic ability and flashes of skill,but their games aren't quite there yet. With Exum he not overly skilled, not explosive at the rim, all while being very passive. Not sure what this is going to yield, however I'm not expecting much.

13. ♪alt13

♪alt13 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Exum the last 10 games

23.7-Min .265-FG% 1.9-Rbd 3.1-Ast 0.1-BLK 0.7-Stl 3.7-Pts

14. jjscap

jjscap Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2013
    He was supposed to struggle offensively this year. I expect him to make a Gobertesque jump next year following a strong offseason.

The Jazz are playing 4vs5 on offense but winnning games. He's an impressive defender already, should be a great one next year. He's a project not a bust.