What's new

Millsap for Bledsoe?

They might actually do Odom (33, in last year, and day-to-day with an injury) + Bledsoe for Millsap + Watson. Doubt they part with Butler... I wouldn't even mind it we could con them into taking Raja Bell and giving us Grant Hill...

They might actually do Odom (33, in last year, and day-to-day with an injury) + Bledsoe for Millsap + Watson. Doubt they part with Butler... I wouldn't even mind it we could con them into taking Raja Bell and giving us Grant Hill...

They want to upgrade their SF situation, not completely get rid of it.

They wont want to go to playoffs with a weak link ala Odom. This trade is pretty reasonable for them. Billups is healthy but if they also want to get a backup PG (Watson/Tinsley) in return just in case, that would be a cherry on the top for us.

PG Bledsoe/Williams/Mills
SG Burks/Foye
SF Hayward/Carroll/Jackson?
PF Kanter/Evans
C Favors/Splitter

Good luck trying to score against that! Drooling!

Praying to tha basketball gods that they will allow for a deal to be agreed on! Bledsoe in a Jazz jersey is a GREAT look for this team!! This is probably tha best option we will get for Milsap, Jazz better jump all over this if it is indeed an actual possibility.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'd even add a first rounder to that, if it gets it done. We don't need to add 2 more mid to late first rounders on guaranteed deals this summer anyway.

Odom/Bledsoe for Millsap/2013 first rounder. Does that work?

Spencer Hall from Salt City Hoops is tweeting the Jazz think Bledsoe is a bad bit on and off the floor and aren't inclined to do it.

That would make Bledsoe, Hayward and Favors RFA's in 2014. Conservatively, that is probably 32-35 mil per in contracts between the 3. Can they keep all 3?

The Jazz would likely look at trading Burks or Kanter if they get Bledsoe. Not right away, but at least before Burks or Kanter are due for extensions.

Do we really want to give Millsap to the Clippers though? I mean, that would be a HUGE boost to their team. If he likes it so much that he re-signs, it could really bite us in the *** for future competition.

Do we really want to give Millsap to the Clippers though? I mean, that would be a HUGE boost to their team. If he likes it so much that he re-signs, it could really bite us in the *** for future competition.

You make a good point, but my opinion is we shouldn't over think it. If the FO thinks it helps our team, we should pull the trigger.

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. I know I've expressed concern that Bledsoe may be a bit overrated, but, still, outside of getting high draft pick (which is not reasonable to expect), Bledsoe is probably the best PG available through trade.

While I'd love our young core of Bledsoe, Burks, Hayward, Kanter, Favors, I doubt we'd be able to resign them all when the time came. Sooner or later, we'd have to let one or more go in free agency. But still, this would be an exciting team, would it not?