What's new

Millsap for Bledsoe?

BTW, Bledsoe is wildly overrated and not a PG. Given the scenario (a potential complete loss of an asset), it's a good move. Beyond that, color me "meh".

The thing I like about this trade is that it obviously makes sense for both teams. If Millsap is the difference between pretender and contender just for this season, it's hard to say this is a bad move for them. And I think it does make them that.

Millsap for Bledsoe better than doing nothing.
Free up time for Favors Kanter.
Get a young PG prospect.
Gives more draft options this year.
Cut Watson. Give him a coaching position for rest of year.

He is definitely a "bad fit" but i don't know how Jazz' front office think about that.

They HAVE to. The only question is how much that enters the equation of "good guy" and crutch for a team without an offense (which is chicken/egg to an extent).

I can get down on the org, but they're not imbeciles.

Maybe this is how the Jazz move up in next year's draft. Get Bledsoe and teafe him to a bottom feeder team that wants a PG the will initially sell tickets but doesn't lead to the expected wins.

Just a thought.

True, but Paul is the best pg in the league. Where as Bledsoe is still a young player trying to find his way. They were bound to struggle. Bledsoe is far from the finished product he could be. Bring him in and watch him grow with the other young core on the jazz.

Plus no one was backing up Bledsoe at the point. J.Crawford maybe?

I would rather either resign Millsap or let him walk. Trading him nearly guarantees that inking Big Al is priority #1 this offseason.

True, but Paul is the best pg in the league. Where as Bledsoe is still a young player trying to find his way. They were bound to struggle. Bledsoe is far from the finished product he could be. Bring him in and watch him grow with the other young core on the jazz.

Pretty much.

Bledsoe and Odom for Manslap straight across is intriguing deal (Cut Odom or whatever, he just makes the numbers work) seems to work for both teams. I love Milsap and if he were to be dealt, I'd prefer he go to a good situation for him. The Clippers would just be nasty with him.

Utah gets its PG and frees the picks for the B.A.P. while allowing time for the young bigs. Assuming Manslap resigns with the Clips, I don't see an issue here honestly.

No idea why everyone is so enamored with Bledsoe. He's not that good, IMO. I suppose it's better than nothing and at worst he's a backup for the next year.

He's better than what we have and still has potential and is probably the most intriguing PG prospect out there that the Jazz could reasonably trade for.