What's new

Millsap for Bledsoe?

As far as Bledsoe not being a "Jazz" guy, if the new CBA is any teeniest bit effective, then that is irrelevant. The whole point of the CBA is to make it so everyone can't get a big deal from a big city team.

He's better than what we have and still has potential and is probably the most intriguing PG prospect out there that the Jazz could reasonably trade for.

Agree. He may never be the pg that racks up the assists but makes up for that with rebounding steals and good man defense. Dude is a stat stuffer. Plus he fits perfect with having Burks and Hayward at the 2 and 3 spots. That team would be hard to defend.

Agree. He may never be the pg that racks up the assists but makes up for that with rebounding steals and good man defense. Dude is a stat stuffer. Plus he fits perfect with having Burks and Hayward at the 2 and 3 spots. That team would be hard to defend.

What? If anything, those players make him a bad fit, especially Burks.

Bledsoe - Burks - Hayward .... not bad but pretty iffy on the 3pt shot am I wrong?

Bledsoe is a slashing point guard. The only part of his game that's off is his shooting ability - but I'm confident he will improve on his jumpshot. I do this trade in a heartbeat: Bledsoe instantly makes this team more exciting with his spectacular dunks and his ability to get up and block shots at the rim. I hate to see Millsap go, but I've got a feeling Bledsoe is going to become a player in this league in the next few years. Sign me up.

Bledsoe - Burks - Hayward .... not bad but pretty iffy on the 3pt shot am I wrong?

Hayward is a very good 3pt shooter. Burks has shown a lot of promise, especially as his pt has increased.

Bledsoe is dreadful. I don't mind a Millsap for Bledsoe trade, but this isn't the trade that makes us great. Bledsoe has a TON of potential...so do a lot of other players. He could easily bust out at this point. He isn't a pg at all at this point. He needs to realize that and work a TON on his game to be a starting pg on a contending team. That being said, if the option is Bledsoe vs a pg in the draft, I'll take Bledsoe.

Plus, having him come to Utah and fight it out with Mo for the starting pg spot might be good for him. This is one situation where Corbin might actually help a player with his silly player development ideas.

I don't know if anyone here has watched him play. We don't need more chuckers on this team. We need a pg who can create and get the ball to favors, kanter, burks, and Hayward.

Reactions: BHP
Bledsoe is a slashing point guard. The only part of his game that's off is his shooting ability - but I'm confident he will improve on his jumpshot. I do this trade in a heartbeat: Bledsoe instantly makes this team more exciting with his spectacular dunks and his ability to get up and block shots at the rim. I hate to see Millsap go, but I've got a feeling Bledsoe is going to become a player in this league in the next few years. Sign me up.

Shooting is a big part of this game. Interestingly, he shot 42.4% FG his rookie season and he attempted 116 3PT. His sophomore campaign, he played 1/2 the number of games, but shot 38.9 while attempting only 30 3PT (logically, one would think his FG would increase because he shot less 3PT, but it declined). This year, he's shooting 45.3%. Seems he declined and is now improving. Some odd numbers. Seems his shooting isn't terrible. He's also averaging 1.6 ST, .9 BLK and 3.1 REB, all in 21 MPG. Not too bad. His upside is probably one notch below an all star level PG, sort of like Millsap is one notch below an all star level PF. Maybe more of an even trade than I thought.

I would rather either resign Millsap or let him walk. Trading him nearly guarantees that inking Big Al is priority #1 this offseason.
What if it also includes Al traded for Splitter and Patty Mills?

I Don't think Millsap or Jefferson are in the long term plans for this franchise. They are not Building blocks and are both going to be overpaid this off season. So not getting something for one because you are afraid of what happens with the other one is silly.

I don't see how this guy is any less of a PG than Mo. Mo (to me) is really not a PG either. He shoots too much and passes too poorly to really be an ideal PG for this team going forward. For that matter I think Burks is a preferable PG to Mo as he has actually shown the ability to be a decent Passer.

In fact, the Miller's tightwadedness may prevent a deal from getting done. Had they just paid Roger and let him go, they'd have an extra roster spot open to swing 2-1 deals.

That makes no sense. They could STILL pay Roger and let him go. Probably in about 5 minutes, if they wanted to. It's not at all a factor in getting 2-1 deals done.

That makes no sense. They could STILL pay Roger and let him go. Probably in about 5 minutes, if they wanted to. It's not at all a factor in getting 2-1 deals done.
But you know they won't. Greggy is too vindictive, just like his old man. He doesn't want to give away free money. What's probably holding up some trade proposals is the Jazz' insistence that Braille be part of the deal. Then they can show how smart they were by holding on to his salary until the deadline.

But you know they won't. Greggy is too vindictive, just like his old man. He doesn't want to give away free money. What's probably holding up some trade proposals is the Jazz' insistence that Braille be part of the deal. Then they can show how smart they were by holding on to his salary until the deadline.

Stupid, they're already giving away the free money. They're paying Bell. They just don't want to pay him to play for someone else, you see? But I hardly think doing so would be a hangup in any major deals. That's such a ridiculously unfounded inference you've draw from the situation.

Stupid, they're already giving away the free money. They're paying Bell. They just don't want to pay him to play for someone else, you see? But I hardly think doing so would be a hangup in any major deals. That's such a ridiculously unfounded inference you've draw from the situation.

Those inferences have made up 90% of Motown's post over the past few weeks.

Would do Millsap and the lower of the first rounders without too much hesitation. Now that Billups is back, you have to figure the Clips would be willing to trade Bledsoe if the right deal came along. Millsap is the next best big available after Garnett, who said he won't wave his no trade clause. I'm thinking this could have legs.

Bledsoe is shooting .452 from 3pt land as a starter this year.

On a side note. Burks was shooting .529 from 3 over the last 10 games before the Minn Game.

Greggy is too vindictive, just like his old man. He doesn't want to give away free money.
I have no idea if Greg would be open or closed-minded to a buyout if it would potentially help improve the team, but under Larry Miller the Jazz regularly negotiated buy-outs - with players such as Glen Rice, Elden Campbell and Alan Henderson being prime examples. Carry on...

Those inferences have made up 90% of Motown's post over the past few weeks.
Nah, only 80%.

But I do think it's ridiculous to tell a guy to stay away from a team. What other franchise is doing that to a player? The Millers ARE vindictive. Just talk to Checketts. The Millers tried everything in their power to stop him from bringing a soccer team to Utah, including using their political clout to rally key politicians and members of the banking community to stop the financing effort. Read about it. The Millers are ruthless business owners who have always placed $ over the on court success of the team. That was stated several times by Larry H.; that the most important measuring stick was being in the black each season. Wasn't until the last couple of years, when the boat had already sailed and he was in declinig health, that he reversed his tance on never exceeding the tax limit and was willing to put up with a couple of seasons of financial losses. Yea, big freakin' deal. Had he done that with Stockton/Malone/Hornacek in their primes it may have resulted in a championship or two.

And yes, it's HIGHLY unusual for a team to do what they're doing with Raja. It might be legal under terms of the CBA, but that doesn't make it ethical.

I have no idea if Greg would be open or closed-minded to a buyout if it would potentially help improve the team, but under Larry Miller the Jazz regularly negotiated buy-outs - with players such as Glen Rice, Elden Campbell and Alan Henderson being prime examples. Carry on...
All of those buyouts were agreed to as part of the deals. With Raja, the Jazz WANTED him at one point. If the front office or caoching staff now has a problem with him, they should let him go. Both signed a valid contract. SO if the Jazz now want to back out of that contract, namely having Raja be a part of the team, they should pay him out for the reaminder of the deal and let him go. Otherwise, he should be given all rights of any other member of the team. But he's been told he isn't even welcome at their facility. That simply isn't ethical.