What's new

Millsap for Bledsoe?

Yeah but he did have a beef about Corbin, and was pretty vocal about it. He could be the best teammate in the world yet that would still qualify as being a pot-stirrer. Anyway, I'm off to the library to work on this huge *** presentation for Tuesday, carry on gents
So let him go. How many of us have beefs with Corbin over his rotations?
In the past, the Jazz have quickly gotten rid of players that clashed with coaches...trading Giri, Deron, and others. They're making an example out of Raja. Hell, they may as well put him in a pillory in front of the ESA.

Not saying he wouldn't, but I thought that the reason these Bledsoe discussions all took a halt was for this reason. And what are the chances that Paul re-signs with them given that he plays behind Griffin?

We know Sap wanted to start over 20 year old Favors because he was the better player at the time, lets not project that into Millsap demanding a starter role everywhere. He might be fine starting behind Griffin given they will be an elite contending team for the next 5 years, all through Sap's prime. At this point in Sap's career, chances are getting at least one ring starts to make its way up his priority list.

@Tony ^^^ Or worse . Talented youngsters just get discouraged because they know they're not going to get PT over washed-up vets. They're looking forward to the day when they can play for a coach who values talent over tenure.

Has anybody mentioned that this deal makes no sense for the Clippers until CP3 re-signs?
Also, Milsap is redundant on that team.
It makes very little sense for LA - even if CP3 re-signs not only because (like you mentioned) Millsap's primary position is the same as the Clippers' franchise player - but also because Millsap will be a free agent this summer. I think Clippers know CP3 will re-sign and comtemplating selling-high on Bledsoe now.

It makes very little sense for LA - even if CP3 re-signs not only because (like you mentioned) Millsap's primary position is the same as the Clippers' franchise player - but also because Millsap will be a free agent this summer. I think Clippers know CP3 will re-sign and comtemplating selling-high on Bledsoe now.

Blake is superior to Chris Paul? Ok then...

If LAC meets Miami in the finals, a team that plays Bosh at C, then Millsap is far less redundant (if he's redundant at all). The Clipps could play Griff and Millsap together in that series.

I think there are minutes for Millsap regardless.

If LAC meets Miami in the finals, a team that plays Bosh at C, then Millsap is far less redundant (if he's redundant at all). The Clipps could play Griff and Millsap together in that series.

I definitely think they could play together, but I think gambling Bledsoe for a 2013 title run falls on the "risky/foolish gamble" side when it's clear that OKC and San Antonio are clearly the superior team at this point in the season (and I don't think Millsap closes that gap for them).

Plus Millsap can hit FT's, which is a concern when they have Griffin/Jordan finishing games. It be interesting to see if the Clippers would embrace Sap at SF, or if they would strictly use him as a PF.

If the Clippers are choosing 1-player to build the future of their franchise around - it's Blake Griffin (hence the term "franchise player" which I used).

You used best before the ninja edit :) Where is Chris Paul going to sign for one less year and less money? Throw out one realistic option.

I definitely think they could play together, but I think gambling Bledsoe for a 2013 title run falls on the "risky/foolish gamble" side when it's clear that OKC and San Antonio are clearly the superior team at this point in the season (and I don't think Millsap closes that gap for them).

Yeah, but with Billups coming back there is goign to be less time for Bledsoe. Where does Bledsoe fit into their future? Millsap could be the piece that puts them over the top. Their bench would be absolutely insane.

So let him go. How many of us have beefs with Corbin over his rotations?
In the past, the Jazz have quickly gotten rid of players that clashed with coaches...trading Giri, Deron, and others. They're making an example out of Raja. Hell, they may as well put him in a pillory in front of the ESA.

I'm sure they have tried to trade Raja. They aren't just going to take back bad contracts for him. We traded Giri for Korver and Deron for a ton of good pieces. At best Raja can be a throw in to a trade to make salaries balance. Teams won't care about taking him on because they know they can just tell him to stay where he is, so they don't have to worry about how taking him on will affect the team.

As Cyrone said, with Billups coming back and playing serviceable, it probably cuts down Bledsoe to 15 minutes a game. His last two games were 15 and 17 minutes. Millsap would at least see 30 minutes a night in LA. So no he is not the perfect fit, but does improve them.

Where is Chris Paul going to sign for one less year and less money? Throw out one realistic option.
I don't know what you're debating w/me about. My original point was that trading for Millsap makes little sense for the Clippers whether CP3 re-signs with them (likely) or not. The end.

I think the most feasible deal here is Odom + Bledsoe for Millsap + Watson, we could include the GSW pick if needed. Odom's prorated salary for the rest of the season is around $2.6 million, so it's conceivable that Greg Miller would be willing to pay that for Odom to sit home, assuming he won't report to the team. I think the Jazz say yes to this deal, I'm still not sure why the Clippers would want Millsap when they have Griffin, but it does bring their front court depth more in line with the rest of their squad. Having Crawford, Green, Hill, Barnes and Millsap coming off the bench gives them serious depth.

For those that aren't sold on Bledsoe, is he the next iteration of Stockton or Rondo? Of course not. Personally, I see a lot of Russell Westbrook in Eric Bledsoe. I don't love Westbrook's game, I would prefer a pass-first PG, but his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses. He's lightning quick, can get to the rim at will, and plays excellent defense. He's not a great shooter, but he shoots 80% from the line. He's also shooting 43% from three point range this year. It's a small sample size because he only takes one three attempt per game, but I don't think that's a bad thing. Bledsoe may never be an elite distributor, he'll likely be an average to above-average passer. I still think he can average 7 APG if given 30 minutes a game. He's not a perfect fit, but he's better than any option in free agency or the draft (at least where we'll be picking).

If the front office has decided to try and resign Big Al, this trade seems like a no-brainer to me. I would prefer to keep Millsap over Jefferson, as a lot of us do, but Jazz brass seem enamored with Al. We would become the only team in the league would have a legit starting 5 of guys under 24 years old. If we can afford to keep all five players at a reasonable salary ($40 combined?) it's conceivable that we'd be vying for a title within 3-4 years.

Bledsoe's +57 on the year. +59 at home, -2 on the road. However, his FG%, 3PT% and FT% are all better on the road. What stands out, not surprisingly, is that he has more turnovers on the road. With experience, that can be improved.

Hes better then anything we have at PG now. Im hoping we get him. Even if we do resign Al this offseason if Kanter continues to use his minutes like he has we can trade him at the deadline next year.

Wouldn't you guys rather have a PG who passes the ball every now and again?