What's new

Millsap for Bledsoe?

Ive been mor for less absent a couple days. Judging by how fast this thread has taken off I'm assuming there have been some substantiated talks? If so, would someone give me the cliff notes? It'll be a couple days until I can read pages to find out.

Yeah, but if we have to give up the Warriors pick/our pick, is it worth it? Would we rather have a shot at getting Burke, or would we rather have Bledsoe?

Bledsoe.

You can't teach athleticism and the ability to finish strong at the rim. Burke is good, but it's hard to imagine him ever being able to do those things. EVER.

Ive been mor for less absent a couple days. Judging by how fast this thread has taken off I'm assuming there have been some substantiated talks? If so, would someone give me the cliff notes? It'll be a couple days until I can read pages to find out.

Sources saying that Bledsoe for Millsap is being discussed seriously by both sides, both have interest, etc.

We'll see if anything actually happens. There have been a couple of Jazz related bloggers who feel it won't happen that the Jazz don't think Bledsoe is a good fit but I get the feeling they mean that personality wise not in terms of skillset.

Some people here ranting about Bledsoe being overrated, most drooling at the thought.

You're thinking from the Clippers' perspective. From their perspective, yeah I don't know if I'd do the deal. There's no real guarantee that Sap re-signs with them. There isn't a 100% guarantee that Paul will sign with them. Millsap may not put them ahead of the Spurs or OKC. If the Jazz throw in one of their picks so that the Clips can draft a PG or another player this year, that helps them hedge on losing Bledsoe. Still, the whole premise here is that the Clips need to win now and roll the dice. Similar to how KOC took advantage of the Nets.

Edit: If I'm the Clips, I try to get KG for DAJ and Bledsoe. That's their best move. Unless they want to go after Josh Smith.

Well according to all the draft wizards on the board, 2014 is suppose to be a mammoth draft, so why wouldn't the Clippers hold on to Bledsoe and deal him next year for a 1st round draft pick?

I think it's pretty much a near guarantee that Paul re-signs, unless the Clippers make some extremely stupid cost-cutting trade between now and the trade deadline.

Bledsoe.

You can't teach athleticism and the ability to finish strong at the rim. Burke is good, but it's hard to imagine him ever being able to do those things. EVER.

If it was a guarantee that we would get Burke with one of the picks, or by combining both picks to trade up, I would take Burke every time. The only thing that would make me think of taking the Bledsoe option is that us being able to get Burke isn't a guarantee. We don't need a PG who can finish at the rim at an elite level, we have Burks for on the ball rim attacking. I still think we need a distributor who can shoot more than an athletic finisher.

Sources saying that Bledsoe for Millsap is being discussed seriously by both sides, both have interest, etc.

We'll see if anything actually happens. There have been a couple of Jazz related bloggers who feel it won't happen that the Jazz don't think Bledsoe is a good fit but I get the feeling they mean that personality wise not in terms of skillset.

Some people here ranting about Bledsoe being overrated, most drooling at the thought.

Thanks. So nothing really new from the initial report?
There's no way EB isn't a good fit, so either the bloggers pulling stuff out of their asses or the jazz sending misdirection to lessen his stock .. I suspect the former, totally.

KOC is doing a good job of talking with both the Spurs and Clips, two teams who are in an arms race with one another. The threat of doing the Al-to-SA deal might gain leverage in the Sap-to-Clips deal.

If you go and re-watch the Celtics game - you'll see that the potential is there in terms of assists. It's not his first year, but remember he's been out injured for a lot of it as well.
Every player in NBA is capable of producing an outstanding game once in a while. Even Sundiata had a couple of excellent games for us.
In each game he got more than 20 minutes he produced 5 AST or more while Bledsoe when given more than 20 minutes 27 times this year produced 5 or more AST on only 13 occasions.
Not saying Bledsoe is Gaines. My point is one game means not much.

How can we do the Millsap for Bledsoe and TBD deal? That would put us over the 15 man roster that is allowed and I don't see us releasing anyone.

If it was a guarantee that we would get Burke with one of the picks, or by combining both picks to trade up, I would take Burke every time. The only thing that would make me think of taking the Bledsoe option is that us being able to get Burke isn't a guarantee. We don't need a PG who can finish at the rim at an elite level, we have Burks for on the ball rim attacking. I still think we need a distributor who can shoot more than an athletic finisher.

If the Jazz want to draft Trey Burke, they will, and then they can trade Bledsoe to half the teams in the league. In any case, it's protecting the Jazz's overall player value.

It sort of went like this:

- "Wow- **** yeah I'd do that trade!"
- Then Spencer Hall supposedly had inside knowledge that Bledsoe's a bad fit for Jazz system & outside locker room.
- Various trade options
- We have to take back Odom
- Suggestion: throw in Raja
- Greg/KOC are too chicken to pull the trigger unless Raja is included
- "Why the **** is Greggy boy paying Raja to do nothing?"
- Hotttnickkk thinks Bledsoe is a great fit for Jazz
- Most people agreed, except Cy (just kidding) LOL..
- Cy brought everyone back down to earth - Trade is unrealistic and won't happen.

The end.

Btw, there is likely something going on with Eric..
(not necessarily Utah)

Because I texted him and asked what's going on and he said, "No comment" (with smiley).. Which means he can't discuss. That's a definite something going on that he's included in.. Tifwiw, but I'm sure.

So you think Paul will see throwing away an asset for a half-year rental and late lottery-mid-first round draft pick as a good move?

Yes he will, if it means getting to a later round in the POs this year. It's basically a ready Paul Millsap vs. a late 1st-round prospect who is probably 17 or 18 right now.