What's new

Millsap for Granger?

Jazz 8/24

Rumors out of Indiana are Granger is on the block, especially as Indiana drafted his clone in Paul George. He's signed for 4 more years. They need a power forward ala Millsap. Jazz can afford to trade Paul now with Jefferson on Board. Would you do this and is it an even trade for both teams? Feel free to tweak, but Millsap straight up for Granger works on the ESPN trade machine

UTAH:
Williams
Bell / Miles
Granger / Kirilenko
Jefferson
Okur

INDIANA:
Ford
Rush / Jones
George / Dunleavy
Millsap / Murphy
Hibbert

Indiana gets their PF. Utah gets their scorer. I hate to give up Paul, but Granger's a flat out stud! Utah could have their own big 3 with DWill, Granger, and Jefferson!

It would deplete our already thin Front court. But if this trade was offered I think you would have to take it if you were the Jazz. It give you that other guy that can create this own shot. And could be the peace that puts this team over the top if they could get an OK backup PF/C

Utah then has the following lineup:

Williams / Price
Bell / Miles
Granger / Hayward
Jefferson / Murphy
Okur / Fesenko

Indiana really wanted their hometown kid Hayward. Throw him in for Granger, too! As a lifelong Jazz fan, I'd give up a lot to get Granger in Utah and I'm a big Paul Millsap supporter!

This thread is super terrible. I'm almost as embarrassed reading it as I was as a kid watching the Jenny Show when people would do outrageous and ludicrous things.

The thread wasn't that bad till people started eThreatening *** beatings :\. Booo! Course... he could be kidding and it's just late on a long day and i'm too tired to catch the sarcasm or joke. Oh well...

Why not Millsap for LeBron? No, seriously. No, really. I think Miami would do it. Our back up power forward commands that kind of trade value. He's that good.

Reactions: UB
Granger is too much like McGrady. Lots of jumpers, lots of one-on-one while the rest of team watches him and lots of losing.

My guess is the guy puts up sexy numbers his whole career and never wins a thing.

Indiana really wanted their hometown kid Hayward. Throw him in for Granger, too! As a lifelong Jazz fan, I'd give up a lot to get Granger in Utah and I'm a big Paul Millsap supporter!

...the Jazz are not giving Milsap and Hayward for Granger! Have you lost your mind? Granger is overrated. Why do you think they're trying to unload him and his contract if he was such a stud? We know what we have in Milsap and we know the potential of Hayward. Plus, we've got both of them on the cheap. Besides, our problem isn't scoring....it's defense. What could Granger bring to the table in that regard?

Why not Millsap for LeBron? No, seriously. No, really. I think Miami would do it. Our back up power forward commands that kind of trade value. He's that good.

Miami would make us take some scrubs to lower their cap space - most-likely Bosh and Wade...

Also, we should make them throw in the Miami Heat cheerleaders, as well. That's the value of a Paul Millsap.

I don't think it's a terrible idea. I'm not sure if I would do it or not though it would depend on options to replace the backup PF/C. I like Millsap but still maintain he's a backup quality PF. I would rather start Jefferson and Okur anyway. The problem lies in that the Jazz don't really need help at the wings anymore. Granger only adds to an already full SG/SF rotation while losing out on front court help. However being that I think AK is a superior player to Millsap he could easily be the backup PF to Jefferson. But they would still need to add a player in the front court.

Rumors out of Indiana are Granger is on the block, especially as Indiana drafted his clone in Paul George. He's signed for 4 more years. They need a power forward ala Millsap. Jazz can afford to trade Paul now with Jefferson on Board. Would you do this and is it an even trade for both teams? Feel free to tweak, but Millsap straight up for Granger works on the ESPN trade machine

UTAH:
Williams
Bell / Miles
Granger / Kirilenko
Jefferson
Okur

INDIANA:
Ford
Rush / Jones
George / Dunleavy
Millsap / Murphy
Hibbert

Indiana gets their PF. Utah gets their scorer. I hate to give up Paul, but Granger's a flat out stud! Utah could have their own big 3 with DWill, Granger, and Jefferson!

I believe someone posted this earlier this month & the consensus was laugable.....
I bet they wouldnt even trade Millsap for Dunleavy Jr & future 1st considerations, let alone Granger!!!

tpfart.jpg