What's new

Mitchell at Point Guard

I disagree. I think he is perfect for this team. Would unlock the offense and take the team to another level.
Looking at brogdons stats he is a top shooter in the league. Shooting is very important in the NBA. I wonder where he ranks as a shooter. 1? 2? 3? He is up there. Over 50% from the field, iirc over 43% from 3, and might lead the league in free throw percentage. Over 94% iirc.

Plus he is the right age. High character. And even has some creation/drive game. Good defender.

Perfect

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
and he can make plays with the ball in his hand. I can't emphasize enough how underrated his driving/slashing skills is. outside of 3 and D, he is a very capable ball-handler.

Rubio's effectiveness diminishes when he doesn't have the ball. He needs to catch fires with his shot in order for defenders to pay him any respect in off-ball situations.

We need additional ballhandlers, yes. but that additional ballhandler also needs to be able to do damages off-ball on a consistent basis since our franchise player already needs the ball in his hand to be at his absolute best, which is why Conley would've been a terrible fit.
His effectiveness goes beyond shot making or simply having the ball in his hands at all times.

The offense simply runs better when hes on the court.

Problem is that Favs does his best work when Gobert is off the floor and Favs slides to the center position.

Not a problem at all imo. Provides the Jazz with above average to elite D at the rim for 48 minutes. Bring in Brogdon and the Jazz can have to above average to elite shooters on the floor at all times.

not according to NBA on/off stats.

https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!?TeamID=1610612762&VsPlayerID=201937

set it to per 48min you barely see much of difference between him being on or off the court.

We actually have a higher +/- with Rubio being off the court and are undefeated this season without him.

Why set it to per 48 when you could set it to per 100 possessions?

The Jazz offense is 2.3 points better with Rubio on vs off.

Yes, the defense is better with him off, probably because he is facing starters.

Why set it to per 48 when you could set it to per 100 possessions?

The Jazz offense is 2.3 points better with Rubio on vs off.

Yes, the defense is better with him off, probably because he is facing starters.
2.3 point every 100 poss is supposed to be a big difference? just how much do you think we need to resign him in the summer so we can score 2.3 points more every 100 possessions?

or btw, bucks scores 4.6 points more every 100 possessions with Brogdon on the floor, which doubles the Rubio's numbers. their defense is much better too.

https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!?TeamID=1610612749&VsPlayerID=1627763&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions

wo wo, hold on. where does that come from? all we gotta do is to offer Brogdon what we are paying for Rubio this year which is $14975000, if not less. Bucks ain't paying him more than Bledsoe.
If we renounce Thabo, Udoh and Rubio while also picking up Favors' option, we have in the neighborhood of $13 million to spend in free agency. If we can extend Favors to a smaller but longer deal, we can turn that $13 into maybe $17 or $18 (Bledsoe money) but Brogdon will get more than that. I think he gets $20+ easy.

So I think financially, we can only get Brogdon if we sacrifice Favors. Doesnt matter though - I don't think the Bucks will let Brogdon go.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

2.3 point every 100 poss is supposed to be a big difference? just how much do you think we need to resign him in the summer so we can score 2.3 points more every 100 possessions?

or btw, bucks scores 4.6 points more every 100 possessions with Brogdon on the floor, which doubles the Rubio's numbers. their defense is much better too.

https://stats.nba.com/vs/#!?TeamID=1610612749&VsPlayerID=1627763&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular Season&PerMode=Per100Possessions
Yeah Bud, I think Brogodn is better than Rubio. What's your point?

And yes, 2.3 is fairly significant. If the Jazz current offensive rating dropped 2.3 points they would go from the 18th ranked offense to the 26th.

Or if they added 2.3 they be the 10th best offense.

If we renounce Thabo, Udoh and Rubio while also picking up Favors' option, we have in the neighborhood of $13 million to spend in free agency. If we can extend Favors to a smaller but longer deal, we can turn that $13 into maybe $17 or $18 (Bledsoe money) but Brogdon will get more than that. I think he gets $20+ easy.

So I think financially, we can only get Brogdon if we sacrifice Favors. Doesnt matter though - I don't think the Bucks will let Brogdon go.

yeah, that's why I've been hyping Sato as the Plan B in case we don't get Brogdon. I still doubt that the Bucks pays him more than Bledsoe though.

And yes, 2.3 is fairly significant. If the Jazz current offensive rating dropped 2.3 points they would go from the 18th ranked offense to the 26th.

Or if they added 2.3 they be the 10th best offense.
not significant enough for us to pay big money to keep him. upgrade is needed.

not significant enough for us to pay big money to keep him. upgrade is needed.
Yes, Ive said that multiple times this year.

That doesn't mean you stop playing Rubio this year just because he isn't going to be here next year.

yeah, that's why I've been hyping Sato as the Plan B in case we don't get Brogdon. I still doubt that the Bucks pays him more than Bledsoe though.
Bledsoe got an average of $17.5 per year. I think Brogdon could get more than that. I think he will get more than that. Close to half of the league will have max cap space. He is at an age which entices teams with cap space. He seems to compliment any team, any star.

Bledsoe got an average of $17.5 per year. I think Brogdon could get more than that. I think he will get more than that. Close to half of the league will have max cap space. He is at an age which entices teams with cap space. He seems to compliment any team, any star.

would depend on how much they'd pay for Middleton. If they fail to keep Middleton, then yeah. they are keeping Brogdon at all cost.

would depend on how much they'd pay for Middleton. If they fail to keep Middleton, then yeah. they are keeping Brogdon at all cost.
If they max Middleton, they could still $20+ Brogdon. And they will want to keep Lopez too. Sure they will be in the luxury, but they are an easy Ilyasova or Snell dump away from close to luxury.

They have to keep anybody Giannis really wants kept: Bledsoe, Brogdon, Giannis, Middleton and Lopez are a damn good core. If KD leaves, that is the best team in the NBA by a decent margin.

Could we sacrifice favors, sign brogdon, and then offer favors a contract? (I agree that the bucks won't let brogdon go though so it's moot. I'm just curious)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app