What's new

Mitchell outdoes Luka for NBA performance of the year

3 years with Donovan is worth more to a young team than a 30 year old declining center. Gobert has lost a step this year. And we have to go on that. Seeing the two of them both this year I believe we would be better with Mitchell.
You're right but people on here are too stubborn to admit they were wrong.

Gobert was overrated and looked great because we literally ran everything to his strengths and tried to avoid his weaknesses. Quin was a solid coach who couldn't evolve to embrace any vision without Rudy.

Don is a generational talent we dumped too soon. We dumped him when we always prioritized Rudy then we never even tried to build a vision around Don.

You're right but people on here are too stubborn to admit they were wrong.

Gobert was overrated and looked great because we literally ran everything to his strengths and tried to avoid his weaknesses. Quin was a solid coach who couldn't evolve to embrace any vision without Rudy.

Don is a generational talent we dumped too soon. We dumped him when we always prioritized Rudy then we never even tried to build a vision around Don.

He didn't want to be here and he was going to bolt the second his contract expired. We traded him for an all-star, a starter level player, a rookie, 3 first round picks and 2 pick swaps. The front office made the right decision to get the most value for him while they still could. It seems to be one of those rare trades where neither team really lost, and it works out well for both franchises.

I also think it's a stretch to call Donovan a generational talent. Generational talent is a term that should only be used for guys like Lebron, Durant, Steph, etc.

Last edited:
Anybody see the Conley interview during the Sac broadcast? Mike apparently called him last night after the big game and they talked extensively. Conley said Don was like a kid at Christmas saying things like he couldn’t believe it, in a state of disbelief. And Conley was just beaming he was so proud of his pal saying “I’m so happy for him”.

I know we had some rocky times last year and Mitchell may have been a bit distracted at times. I know he made us look bad with some subsequent statements he’s made in Cleveland. He speaks his mind and tact is not his strong suit. But i really hope the fans give him a good reception when he comes to town next week. When it comes to professional athletes, Mitchell is one of the good guys imo, I.,e., the guy is solid, (no ******** games) true to his friends and he means well.

What was he gonna say? That he deserved to take 34 shots and his teammates were right to pass him the ball?

The idea that someone who took 34 shots is a "team" guy is just ridiculous.
He is clearly the new leader of their "team mentality" while he is carrying them smh
71 points on that few attempts is highly efficient 1st option basketball.I mean to the point where anyone bitchin he aint a team guy when he does this as the
argument against him is kind of pathetic on your part.
I mean who ****ing cares if he is a team guy if he is doing that.
The point is he clearly is a leader there, or he would not be thanking his team before sponging up praises.

Anybody see the Conley interview during the Sac broadcast? Mike apparently called him last night after the big game and they talked extensively. Conley said Don was like a kid at Christmas saying things like he couldn’t believe it, in a state of disbelief. And Conley was just beaming he was so proud of his pal saying “I’m so happy for him”.

I know we had some rocky times last year and Mitchell may have been a bit distracted at times. I know he made us look bad with some subsequent statements he’s made in Cleveland. He speaks his mind and tact is not his strong suit. But i really hope the fans give him a good reception when he comes to town next week. When it comes to professional athletes, Mitchell is one of the good guys imo, I.,e., the guy is solid, (no ******** games) true to his friends and he means well.
I've grown pretty sour on him since last season but I am grateful for what he brought us the last few years. There's really no reason to not show appreciation and respect.

Normal lane violations are one thing certainly but you’re correct in putting this situation in the very rare category. To be honest, just the set up alone (hitting the rim without making it) is so difficult it Is botched more often than not. I just feel like NBA refs have a real tendency to swallow their whistle in the closing seconds of tight games maybe even more so when all eyes are on the rim to ensure the legitimacy of the first stipulation.

PS Just watched it again and you’re correct in saying that he broke the plane slightly before the ball hit the rim.

I've grown pretty sour on him since last season but I am grateful for what he brought us the last few years. There's really no reason to not show appreciation and respect.
Well said Sir! If we are going to improve public perceptions and remove misconceptions, I think it’s important to take the high ground.

It was interesting to see Boris Diaw, a cosmopolitan traveler, at the game last night, frequent visitor, seems to love Utah. D Will loves the state (his story makes Mitchell look like a Saint) skiing, outdoors, and his fiancé lives in SLC area. Big T has no trouble fitting in. Pretty sure all or most of our current players are good ambassadors. Yeah, we might want to retire the guys jersey some day, let’s kill him with kindness!

Yep saw that! No surprise there, it’s the NBA after all. We got screwed real good twice last night as well. First when Sabonis managed to get the refs to reverse a correctly called half court violation and second when a King player (Barnes?) saved a ball in front of an official with his foot firmly and obviously standing out of bounds resulting in an immediate Sacramento three.

PS I conceded that the lane violation you charged was correct in my last response as well.

Last edited:
Yep saw that! No surprise there, it’s the NBA after all. We got screwed real good twice last night as well. First when Sabonis managed to get the refs to reverse a correctly called half court violation and second when a King player (Barnes?) saved a ball in front of an official with his foot firmly and obviously standing out of bounds resulting in an immediate Sacramento three.

PS I conceded that the lane violation you charged was correct in my last response as well.
IIRC, it was Fox, and not only was he out-of-bounds, but from what I could see, it was also a travel even if he saved it. He lost that ball himself, no one touched it (I might be wrong here, but I don't think so).

IIRC, it was Fox, and not only was he out-of-bounds, but from what I could see, it was also a travel even if he saved it. He lost that ball himself, no one touched it (I might be wrong here, but I don't think so).
One of the worst, most inexplicable no-calls I've ever seen.

I generally don't like to expend much energy talking about refs in a sports entertainment league like the NBA, but this season has been just terrible. It almost seems like they're following their own sets of rules. Nothing makes sense.

Last edited:
One of the worst, most inexplicable no-calls I've ever seen.

I generally don't like to expend much energy talking about refs in a sports entertainment league like the NBA, but this season has been just terrible. It almost seems like they're following their own sets of rules. Noting makes sense.
This actually started last year when they announced changes to the officiating system to allow for "freer" play on the court, which was really just an excuse for refs to call whatever they want with no repercussions. Last 2 seasons have been decidedly worse than previous years in terms of officiating accuracy and honesty. And there is no sign it will get any better down the road. But it sure is working to piss off a lot of fans, and player alike.

Just so damn obvious and conspicuous, and a so called official standing right there just a stones throw away. That made three alone was the difference, not to mention the other irregularities. No other home team gets consistently treated with less respect from the officials it seems. After awhile it starts to feel intentional.