What's new

Mo Williams drops 52 for T-wolves

I liked Mo and I was sad to see him leave the first time around, I thought that we lost a young stud pg at the time. Since his 2nd run with the jazz... well, I like the guy still, but "peanut" didn't turn out to be the pg that I thought he would be as a Jazz man the 2nd time around. It's awesome he got 52 pts, but I would rather have Burke as a starting PG and I hate Burke.

"It's awesome he got 52 pts, but I would rather have Burke as a starting PG and I hate Burke."

In the running for best back-handed compliment ever. Well done.

"It's awesome he got 52 pts, but I would rather have Burke as a starting PG and I hate Burke."

In the running for best back-handed compliment ever. Well done.

haha I'm a master of the back-handed compliment, thanks

I liked Mo and I was sad to see him leave the first time around, I thought that we lost a young stud pg at the time. Since his 2nd run with the jazz... well, I like the guy still, but "peanut" didn't turn out to be the pg that I thought he would be as a Jazz man the 2nd time around. It's awesome he got 52 pts, but I would rather have Burke as a starting PG and I hate Burke.

Meh. He was a terrible shooter the first time around. He's always been a SG in a PG's body. However, he did have some very good seasons in Milwaukee and then Cleveland. But he was nothing but a chucker when he returned to the Jazz. Goven Mo's improvement from year #1 to #2, maybe there's some hope for Dante. On the other hand, I remember Mo was never short on effort. Exum sleepwalks through games.

Told ya we shoulda kept him doe.

Honestly if we kept Mo, we would either complain that "Mo is taking away minutes from Trey", or if Mo was a backup, "Mo is taking away minutes from Dante". Honestly, Mo has been in the league since, what, 02'? He has no upside and people would complain about him being on this team. Yeah, he is probably better than either PG right now, but... I suppose Trey and Dante have to learn how to play. Growing pains and such.

Meh. He was a terrible shooter the first time around. He's always been a SG in a PG's body. However, he did have some very good seasons in Milwaukee and then Cleveland. But he was nothing but a chucker when he returned to the Jazz. Goven Mo's improvement from year #1 to #2, maybe there's some hope for Dante. On the other hand, I remember Mo was never short on effort. Exum sleepwalks through games.

Mo was a hard worker and went in 100% in the little minutes he had in his first season. I liked the effort he put out there. I thought he was better than Carlos Arroyo or Keith McCloud but he was lost when that assistant coach went away from the Jazz and was drafted in the expansion draft. He was drafted and sent to Milwaukee/Cleveland where he became an All-Star.

I liked Mo, I would LOVE him as a backup but, where would you play him at? Starter and not play Exum, or backup and not play Exum?

Mo was a hard worker and went in 100% in the little minutes he had in his first season. I liked the effort he put out there. I thought he was better than Carlos Arroyo or Keith McCloud but he was lost when that assistant coach went away from the Jazz and was drafted in the expansion draft. He was drafted and sent to Milwaukee/Cleveland where he became an All-Star.

I liked Mo, I would LOVE him as a backup but, where would you play him at? Starter and not play Exum, or backup and not play Exum?
IINM, we actually had Arroyo and Raul Lopez in 2003/04. I think it was Pavlovic that Utah lost in the expansion draft. Mo would have been the 3rd PG (well, before injuries) and the Jazz just chose not to pay him, letting him go to Milwaukee. It's kind of like the scenario you mention now.If we had another PG, whose minutes would he take? Jazz were pretty high on both Arroyo and Lopez. Raul had played in all 82 games; there was no way to know he'd blow out his knee. And Mo only shot 38%/26%. He was undersized and couldn't shoot. But him becoming a very good player after leaving has impacted front office policy ever since. It was the main reason the Jazz gave CJ a new contract. It's likely the reason the Jazz match an offer for Enes. There is a HUGE fear that someone gets away and has a lot of success elsewhere, just like Mo did.