What's new

Monday Spurs VS Jazz 7 PM ET ---- Front row seat!

wet blanket alert

LOL - calm down, I enjoyed these wins as much as anyone.

Friday I predicted Burke would take about 40% of Kanter's shots - it looks more like 50%. This is not a long term solution - that's all.

So what do you think that one post in this gamethread would have led to if left unchecked?

What do you think has been prevented by him being accosted?

Hopefully he won't be comfortable saying it. Hopefully others won't.

I think racist language is a virus and the symptom is discrimination. Like a virus if you quarantine it you can keep it from infecting others.

Also I think I try to be fair and attack the language rather than the person.

Sometimes things go your way. I feel like the combination of Burke randomly being relatively hot and all those Spurs turnovers is a thing we can't rely on occurring with regularity.

I don't think Burke is "hot". I think he is just starting to take some better shots.

I went to college for a couple years (SUU) but didn't graduate.
why is my education so important to you?
Are you wanting to know if I'm a white trash redneck hillbilly?
I'm not if that's what you were wondering. Grew up in a good middle class Mormon family. Dad was a bishop, so was my brother, both brothers went in missions (one to uruguay and one to argentina)
Lived all over the salt lake valley, and in cedar city. Seattle for a few months.

Is this info helping you?
What else would you like to know

I already knew you weren't a redneck, but your childhood is indicative of someone who would let racist remarks slide, because you're not invested at all either way. In theory, you might think racism is bad, but you're not in any hurry to do much. It's a common feeling by slightly educated middle class white Americans, who have grown up in a relatively safe and secure home structure. Also, the potential life-changing experiences that your brothers had probably didn't do much to change you. I assume you were the rebel of the family, who had experiences that allowed you to be more loosey-goosey. I'm just trying to understand how people can be so oblivious to being fine with forms of racism. I was just hoping that higher education would open up the problems with racism. That's why I was interested in your education.

Do you think a lineup of rudy, favors, exum, and hayward is better defensively or offensively?

Right now I'd say defensively, but not because of our backcourt. But that's not the question really. The question is what combination of offense and defense would give us the best chance to win. I think Kawhi would make us absolute monsters in D in every sense possible. A lineup of Exum-Hayward-Kawhi-Favors-Gobert in a couple of years would be incredible in defense. It has the potential to be the best defense in the league. And BTW, Kawhi gives you more than just defense. Just play the NBA Finals from last year, he was much more than just a defensive stopper for them. I wouldn't judge him by this season's shooting, since by reports the injury on his eye is still affecting his vision and it perfectly explains his lowered %. He's been shooting great in previous years and he's been expanding his game every year. He's 49/37/80 for his career... I'd kill for this type of a wing, who is an absolute defensive stopper and can shut down opponent's best perimeter players.

Unfortunately we wouldn't be in position to make this move. Otherwise I would absolutely offer him the max.

Jazz desperately need another scorer. Burke is a 36% FG shooter who has taken 37 shots in the last two games Eventually the law of averages will catch up to Utah.

With Burks coming back strong next season and the emergence of Hood, that should help a lot; but The Jazz still need to lock up another legit shooter.

Otherwise not much to not be happy about - QS is squeezing max production from this group.

It's easy to forget that Burks was shooting 38% from 3pt before the injury. Do you think he can get to 40% next year?

Hopefully Hood gets 100% healthy and start knocking down the long ball next season. He is just out of rhythm now, perhaps he starts shooting the ball well towards the end of the season

I already knew you weren't a redneck, but your childhood is indicative of someone who would let racist remarks slide, because you're not invested at all either way. In theory, you might think racism is bad, but you're not in any hurry to do much. It's a common feeling by slightly educated middle class white Americans, who have grown up in a relatively safe and secure home structure. Also, the potential life-changing experiences that your brothers had probably didn't do much to change you. I assume you were the rebel of the family, who had experiences that aloud you to be more loosey-goosey. I'm just trying to understand how people can be so oblivious to being fine with forms of racism. I was just hoping that higher education would open up the problems with racism. That's why I was interested in your education.

Man you know all these things about him because he said "feral Mexicans." Damn you should work for the Utah Jazz scouting and interview the draft candidates. Will hit on every draft.

So I come here after the game hoping to see what I saw live reflected in what's written here... Well, I didn't see any race brawl going down at the arena so what's all this ****...

Oh god

No it isn't the same.

OK, you got me. It is a platitude, but at times it's really close, and that's why I added the rest. But if you sit on your ***, while a minority is being discriminated against, then you are allowing it to happen by not doing anything, period.

Sometimes things go your way. I feel like the combination of Burke randomly being relatively hot and all those Spurs turnovers is a thing we can't rely on occurring with regularity.

True, but it wasn't like this was a gift package with a bow that was given to us. Trey had a great shooting night, but:

1) I hardly ever complain about refereeing, but there were a ton of terrible calls tonight and almost all of them weren't in our favor. The Duncan foul on the Hayward 3 at the end of the half comes to mind, but there were a half dozen other calls that were highly, highly suspect.

2) A lot of those turnovers were due to our defensive pressure. Dante was awesome in shutting down Parker and forcing a whole bunch of extra passes - they didn't succeed at all with the Parker PNR.

3) This wasn't Favors best night - and he still wound up with a double-double. But we can look forward to even better play from him as he gets more comfortable playing at the top of the post.

TLDR: There were a whole bunch of things that didn't go our way as well, but the combination of some good breaks with Trey's offense and our defense being so good, it ultimately didn't matter.

Man you know all these things about him because he said "feral Mexicans." Damn you should work for the Utah Jazz scouting and interview the draft candidates. Will hit on every draft.

Fish never said that. JJAS knows all of this about him because he defended the guy who said it. :p

OK, you got me. It is a platitude, but at times it's really close, and that's why I added the rest. But if you sit on your ***, while a minority is being discriminated against, then you are allowing it to happen by not doing anything, period.

I'm too tired to get into the argument, but just want to say I read through your posts and appreciate what you've written. You're absolutely right to call out the microaggressions of racism, and I'm glad you did.

Reactions: BYE
Rudy Gobert last two games

oRTG = 97.8
dRTG = 83.5
netRTG = 14.3

Enes Kanter last two games

oRTG = 126.5
dRTG = 93.6
netRTG = 32.9

Two games is a small sample size so lets not jump to conclusions but I am willing to be this UTA team will be top 5 in defense next year.

Blazers, Spurs

Hornets, Nuggets

Can we be done with the Kanter vs Gobert thing for a week or two? See how things go next season? Let wounds heal a bit?

So I come here after the game hoping to see what I saw live reflected in what's written here... Well, I didn't see any race brawl going down at the arena so what's all this ****...

How was the Spurs bench? Any anecdote? You did choose a great game to attend

I'm afraid I'm partially to blame. But whatever. There will be other games and other good wins.

How was the view from the 3rd row?

I'll end by saying I love our identity as a defensive team, loved what Dante and Trey did, and can't wait to see the next game. Goodnight guys!

Jazzfanz can take unexpected turns at any moment!

also I'm jealous you got to be at that game! I have to imagine being behind the bench of an opposing team has to be a blast.

Paging Dal
You need to go bump this post on spurstalk
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218872&p=6718220&viewfull=1#post6718220
Kanter and Hayward are good and have potential, the others not so much and as a team it pretty much sucks, no real first option/top 15 player, sucky shooting... And Gobert is gonna be a bust who can be posted by any nba point guard.

Spurstalk goods
Losing to the Jazz twice this season (possibly) is ****ing embarrassing.
Parker regressed so much as a point guard that he's resorted to using Derek Fisher moves
Dias, stop passing the ball to Manu
lol giving Kawhi max money for playing like this
manu can't throw it in the Salt Lake tbh....
Every loss is a higher draft pick.Every loss is a higher draft pick. Every loss is a higher draft pick.Every loss is a higher draft pick.Every loss is a higher draft pick.Every loss is a higher draft pick.
didn't realize how much they hate on Parker

You want to play shrink with me next? Will it make you feel better?

There is a line between calling someone out and going on a self righteous tirade.