What's new

Monday Spurs VS Jazz 7 PM ET ---- Front row seat!

There was one sequence in the 4th where it looked like they were going to call timeout and Pop just turned his back and waved his hand as if to say forget it. Pretty funny.

Oh yeah, lol. I think Green was bringing up the ball. He wasn't paying attention or looking towards Popovich and it was just like you described.

Do you want to use rebounds per game, assists per game, or even points per game instead? No matter what you look at except blocks Kanter graded out better in a 2 game stretch. My point wasn't even these two games Kanter played better. I simply said in 2 game stretches numbers shouldn't be trusted as it is a small sample size but you immediately and obliviously jump disagreeing with everything I say without knowing what you are talking about.

Calm down. I only posted because I often see you using offensive and defensive ratings to measure individual players performances, and I want you to understand that using those stats to measure individual performances is useless.

It apparently hasn't sunk in yet.

And FYI, using points per game, rebounds per game, etc... is stupid because Gobert's greatest value comes from his ability to alter shot attempts or discourage them altogether. It's something that doesn't appear on the stat sheet.

Calm down. I only posted because I often see you using offensive and defensive ratings to measure individual players performances, and I want you to understand that using those stats to measure individual performances is useless.

It apparently hasn't sunk in yet.

And FYI, using points per game, rebounds per game, etc... is stupid because Gobert's greatest value comes from his ability to alter shot attempts or discourage them altogether. It's something that doesn't appear on the stat sheet.

It does show up in the stat sheet in dRTG. Maybe not perfectly but no stat perfectly encapsulates any aspect of a player. Also I wasn't using the dRTG to show that Kanter plays good defense but instead that he can be part of a good defensive team.

It does show up in the stat sheet in dRTG. Maybe not perfectly but no stat perfectly encapsulates any aspect of a player.

oRTG and dRTG for individual players are more dependent on the player's teammates and opposition than on the individual player himself. As a result, it is useless when rating individual players.

Why do I have to continue to explain this to you?

Anyone listen to Trey Burke's post-game interview? They asked him a question about the recent play and he said something along the lines of "We've got a great group of guys, there isn't a cancer on the team" (but he says its like Kanter almost).

Do you want to use rebounds per game, assists per game, or even points per game instead? No matter what you look at except blocks Kanter graded out better in a 2 game stretch. My point wasn't even these two games Kanter played better. I simply said in 2 game stretches numbers shouldn't be trusted as it is a small sample size but you immediately and obliviously jump disagreeing with everything I say without knowing what you are talking about.

Put a sock in it.

The Jazz are better without Kanter. OKC is better with Kanter. The Jazz don't have the firepower OKC has and can't outscore teams. They need to focus on playing better defense if they want to win games. Kanter was too much of a liability in that area. Kanter should make OKC better in the regular season for sure, it will be interesting to see how they use him in the playoffs when buckets will be harder to come by and they'll be facing teams with elite spacing that will put Kanter in tough situations defensively.

Either way, shut the **** up. No matter what you say, what stat you try and use, the Jazz will be better with Gobert on the court as opposed to Kanter. We all have eyes and brains. It's simple to see.

Put a sock in it.

The Jazz are better without Kanter. OKC is better with Kanter. The Jazz don't have the firepower OKC has and can't outscore teams. They need to focus on playing better defense if they want to win games. Kanter was too much of a liability in that area. Kanter should make OKC better in the regular season for sure, it will be interesting to see how they use him in the playoffs when buckets will be harder to come by and they'll be facing teams with elite spacing that will put Kanter in tough situations defensively.

Either way, shut the **** up. No matter what you say, what stat you try and use, the Jazz will be better with Gobert on the court as opposed to Kanter. We all have eyes and brains. It's simple to see.

Were have I said Jazz weren't better with Gobert on the floor as opposed to Kanter or are you pulling **** out of your *** and your mouth again?

Were have I said Jazz weren't better with Gobert on the floor as opposed to Kanter or are you pulling **** out of your *** and your mouth again?

If you believe the Jazz are better with Gobert on the floor as opposed to Kanter, why do you obsessively compare the two?

I think it's a damn shame that after a great game and a dominant performance by Gobert, you come into this thread crying about everybody getting excited over Gobert starting instead of Kanter.

If you believe the Jazz are better with Gobert on the floor as opposed to Kanter, why do you obsessively compare the two?

I think it's a damn shame that after a great game and a dominant performance by Gobert, you come into this thread crying about everybody getting excited over Gobert starting instead of Kanter.

Because I was saying that using two games to judge a player in isolation can be done about Kanter in a positive light as well. People like you are obsessive over Kanter being a kancer. What is good for the gander is good for the goose.

Because I was saying that using two games to judge a player in isolation can be done about Kanter because people like you obsessive over Kanter being a kancer.

Wait what? I'm obsessive over Kanter being a Kancer? When have I ever said that?

You should realize that I'm actually hoping Kanter does well in OKC. In fact, I've had a secret crush on KD and OKC for awhile now (see my username).

What I don't like, and I've pointed this out time and time again, are Kanter fans trashing the Jazz, trolling Jazz fans, and getting upset when we get excited about Gobert starting instead of Kanter.

Wait what? I'm obsessive over Kanter being a Kancer? When have I ever said that?

You should realize that I'm actually hoping Kanter does well in OKC. In fact, I've had a secret crush on KD and OKC for awhile now (see my username).

What I don't like, and I've pointed this out time and time again, are Kanter fans trashing the Jazz, trolling Jazz fans, and getting upset when we get excited about Gobert starting instead of Kanter.

Hatfield's and the Mccoy's

In 3 of Gobert's 7 starts, the Jazz have held their opponents to season lows.

I'm just so happy we get to cheer for this guy for the next 7+ years.

Burke is quietly improving, and showing himself to be a valuable piece to this team. Where are the haters now?

Burke is quietly improving, and showing himself to be a valuable piece to this team. Where are the haters now?

He's reportedly put a lot of work recently into that floater that he's been money on the past two games. If he can consistently nail that floater, the Jazz will be much better for it. I also like that he has been taking smart, high percentage shots the past couple games.

Being concerned about a PG who is short, not particularly athletic (like westbrook/rose/lawson), and bad at defense who's best trait (along with his passing) was supposed to be his shooting shoots at 37% which was even less than his low rookie year. Being concerned about that PG makes someone a hater? The only thing Burke does good consistently is his assist/TO ratio which is great for his age but when all other aspect of his game were bad, sorry we didn't blindly believe in him. His last game he made 19 points in 20 shots so I think is overrated but this recent game vs spurs he did much better. I hope he continues to improve.