What's new

Montrezl Harrell

Because some people are ignorant and looking to be offended when he called Luka some thing like a 'punk *** white boy'

Would he be an upgrade to our bench? Yes I am sure he would be. Also him and Mitchell are boys. But I really really doubt he leaves LAC for reasons stated.

Also in previous years it has been reported that JaMychal Green really likes LA and was always going to stay since being traded over from MEM so unless he gets traded or gets overpaid he ain't leaving.

Harrell is a POS racist. No thanks.
This is a bigger conversation than I’m willing to have on a frankly trivial matter with people that will almost certainly be impossible to move from their position. But suffice it to say that calling a white boy a white boy is not good but it’s not ****ing racist.

“Bitch-***” is more problematic.

Why does he have an L on the end of his name? Is it pronounced? Is it "montrel" or "montrez" or "montrez-l"?

Would be an overpay! Dennis Lindsey wants Athletes to match Gobert and Mitchell -----25 y/o NOAH VONLEH probably can get him for like 3mil 1 year.. He's strong as a bull and very explosive 6'9" with loong arms...

Nope. Harrell is a glorified version of Ed Davis. More of a 4, not much of a 5. His lack of size'd be disastrous on defense/rebounding if he is to serve as Rudy’a backup. But to play as a 4 he also lacks the necessary shooting. Crowder/Favors are both better fit than him. But the best fit would have been Jerami grant, who is now basically ungettable because of the trade for you-know-who
Glorified Ed Davis is pretty disrespectful for a guy who put up respectable numbers on a top 5 team in the West

Nope. Harrell is a glorified version of Ed Davis. More of a 4, not much of a 5. His lack of size'd be disastrous on defense/rebounding if he is to serve as Rudy’a backup. But to play as a 4 he also lacks the necessary shooting. Crowder/Favors are both better fit than him. But the best fit would have been Jerami grant, who is now basically ungettable because of the trade for you-know-who
You really dont have any basketball knowledge. Holy ****.

We had to dump Favors in order to sign Bojan after we made the stupid Conley trade. In hindsight, we should have kept Crowder and Favors while just signing Bojan outright.

Oh well, maybe we can convince Favors to return, but it can't be most or all of the MLE.
Agree.that would of been the best move. Favors was one of those we didn't appreciate until he was gone

There would have been about 100 ways to solve this issue if the FO didn't mess it up by making the trade for Conley
I think everyone has been way to harsh on Conley. He has become the whipping boy but he wanted to come to Utah. How many times have we heard that before? Not many. Also Conley had a whole new system to learn and teammates to click up with. I expect a much better season for him next year and alot of people will be eating crow. I just don't know why people would assume he would come on board and be firing on all cylinders when he was coming off an injury and learning a new system and teammates. The time they spent in bubble together will pay dividends next year, just wait and see

You really dont have any basketball knowledge. Holy ****.
What did he say that was wrong though? Harrell isn't a 4. He a small ball 5 with limited offense but he hustles. He reminds me of Faried. Also I don't think he likes white people that much so doubt he want to come to SLC

What did he say that was wrong though? Harrell isn't a 4. He a small ball 5 with limited offense but he hustles. He reminds me of Faried. Also I don't think he likes white people that much so doubt he want to come to SLC
I mean Ed can't catch a basketball and Harrell is great in the pick and roll. That's one place to start.

He's nothing like Davis

I think everyone has been way to harsh on Conley. He has become the whipping boy but he wanted to come to Utah. How many times have we heard that before? Not many. Also Conley had a whole new system to learn and teammates to click up with. I expect a much better season for him next year and alot of people will be eating crow. I just don't know why people would assume he would come on board and be firing on all cylinders when he was coming off an injury and learning a new system and teammates. The time they spent in bubble together will pay dividends next year, just wait and see
Well, first as a player of his age I'm afraid he is not gonna be able to just adapt and learn a new system as fans would have hoped. He spent his entire career feeding off on skilled bigs like Gasol, Zbo and JV. The perception of "just randomly tossing it over to the big and let him go to work" simply will not work with Rudy. To work with Rudy, you gotta feed him the ball with the perfect altitude/precision or else his defender could easily stick a hand in and pick his pocket. And a lengthy playmaker like Ingles is the best in that role and it's been proven time and time again during Conley's absence this season. He doesn't fit here and we just function better as a team without him.

Second, even Conley figures it out later next year, what is the point? He is only signed till the end of next season and will likely have to "figure out" with a new team after that. Not to mentioned he is supposed to be the “win now” guy so if he needs to spend a season or two to learn the new system, why can't we just do that with a younger player who we know that is gonna be here long term and won't have to cost us over 30mil and multiple players+picks? Is Conley really that good of a player who's worth all of this?
Is he an all-star? All NBA? Won a chip before? Won the west before? Is he a top 5 PG in the league right now? Top 10?

Is the mere notion of "Conley finally figures it out" enough to make us win the west next season? Well, not if we still playing scrubs like Royce, Niang, Bradley as our major rotational pieces. I'd rather have Crowder+Allen+Korver+two players we could've selected with our first(who may also need a season or two to "figure it out") than Conley

Last edited:
Glorified Ed Davis is pretty disrespectful for a guy who put up respectable numbers on a top 5 team in the West
If you put Ed on clippers he'd average a near double double too. Unlike us, Clippers have wings who could actually rebound and defend that simply took the load off their big man's shoulder. So Harrell can focus on what he does best, whereas our big man is constantly forced into situations where he has to do multiple jobs at once which are disastrous for most big men who specializes in only a couple of things.