What's new

Most Generous Rep Giver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. We have one thread where everybody claims that rep has no impact on the posts they make on the board(complete BS IMO). Then we have a thread where a guy is asking to see the stats about posting so that it can change the general behavior of the board(It already does far too much).
This IMO would ruin this board. Just me though as I seem to be one of the few (that are still around) who feel that the Rep system is horrible and has ruined the board already.

Conflict carries you forward, because there are many wrong paths crossed on your way between you and the ones against you. Either you or them change and both of you go forward until nothing is left behind to bother the higher thoughts. Of course we can see many events ending in an opposing way to this, but I believe balance works with the magic tool of conflict to sort any kind of wrong attitude past and make it right.

Sometimes, I really do not understand what the heck I am talking about.

Exactly, Exactly.

In my honest opinion, I think this site could use an injection of 'positivity' somewhere, somehow. This is one way to do it. Take a look at this, this is what additionary said in another thread:

Obviously getting a pos-rep can lift someone's spirit and create a much more positive community feel. Promoting & encouraging pos-rep I think is one way you could bring some positivity to the table.

positivity isn't all it's cracked up to be. I don't need to do drugs to get "high" on something. A new idea I haven't run into before will do that well enough. I need critics. It's vital to my good sense.

but yes, this information should be available. The present rep and like systems are nice, but like Peeks I would think it better if there were no hundred cap. I don't see why we couldn't have several rep categories going. . .. what we have now, without a cap, and some specialty rep categories, like "sports sense", "horse sense", "common sense", or "informational" (or educational), or "fun". In addition we could have a truly non-elitist version of rep where everyone has the same rep power, =1, called the "equal rep amendment" or something. You could choose which system you wanted to work with, too. Like religious refugees in the 1600s had a variety of colonies they could go to, the Catholic, the Congregational, the Puritan, the Quaker, and such. I don't know what programming options come with this site, and mostly I just think management has enough to do already, and it really doesn't matter. But if it's simply a data compilation and access subroutine in a program, it could be invented in a day or two by someone who can write code.

I think neg reppers should lose rep from their own tally, though. That simple adjustment would exponentially positivize this place.

positivity isn't all it's cracked up to be. I don't need to do drugs to get "high" on something. A new idea I haven't run into before will do that well enough. I need critics. It's vital to my good sense.

but yes, this information should be available. The present rep and like systems are nice, but like Peeks I would think it better if there were no hundred cap. I don't see why we couldn't have several rep categories going. . .. what we have now, without a cap, and some specialty rep categories, like "sports sense", "horse sense", "common sense", or "informational" (or educational), or "fun". In addition we could have a truly non-elitist version of rep where everyone has the same rep power, =1, called the "equal rep amendment" or something. You could choose which system you wanted to work with, too. Like religious refugees in the 1600s had a variety of colonies they could go to, the Catholic, the Congregational, the Puritan, the Quaker, and such. I don't know what programming options come with this site, and mostly I just think management has enough to do already, and it really doesn't matter. But if it's simply a data compilation and access subroutine in a program, it could be invented in a day or two by someone who can write code.

I think neg reppers should lose rep from their own tally, though. That simple adjustment would exponentially positivize this place.
don't leave us hanging, babe. Why DO you need drugs?

Pos-rep is a good thing to lift someone's spirit up, but only if he knows he is getting good feedback because of whatever he wrote. I have come across many love circles in my lifetime of this kind of experience and I can easily say that it's in human nature to form up gangs and watch each other's back while benefiting the exploitation of the system by only giving to each other and no one else.

In my opinion, this takes the whole bunch of enthusiasm away from the reputation system. The first thing to lift me up here is not the rep votes I received. I don't give a dang to them in the long run. It's just that they are rare and they are a sign of somebody gave up something valuable (in the codes of this artificially set up community) and I feel flattered by inspiring someone to do something like that.

What makes me happier than anything however, is that when a person shares his feelings or experiences about his life or an event that bugs him a lot, and he gets personal about it, opening his heart, being intimate, trusting us, crediting us a meaningful value, then I strongly feel that this community is not just some internet forum to waste some time but actually a real deal psycho-social living space for the thoughts of the minds of many active ones that dwell in here. That's what makes this site important to me and it is what is above the rep thingie.
Rep whore

#100RAPclub

Status
Not open for further replies.