What's new

Most significant data breach in history. Your info is likely stolen!

Here's the info from the removed link:
Thanks for that.
My wife texted me today about freezing our credit. We are going to take that route. Just sucks that we have to pay to freeze it and pay to unfreeze it if we want a loan or whatever. It's my ****ing credit, I don't think I should have time pay to stop an imposter from using it.

Can't wait to get my $0.35 settlement on that one. 6-9 short months after the settlement is reached I'll get a check in the mail that won't even be worth driving to the bank to cash.

Maybe. I got $35 from a class action once. Made my day, but I'm easily impressed.

Maybe. I got $35 from a class action once. Made my day, but I'm easily impressed.

I got $15 from the AT&T class action years ago. My wife got one for about 30 bucks from a class action against a hospital. They are so ridiculous really. The lawyers rake it in and the people actually affected get a pittance. If I remember right the lawyers in the AT&T one got in the neighborhood of $60 million.

I got a free online movie rental from Comcast I think. I also should have gotten a few others that I sent the little postcard back for but never saw anything else and don't have a lot of interest in following up.

I'm all for holding companies accountable when they harm people or lie about goods or services they collect money for. I just think it's odd that you can be legitimately harmed and get pennies on the dollar, if even a full penny for every dollar you've been robbed of, while lawyers get absolutely showered in cash.

Sure, a class-action lawsuit takes a lot of time and effort on the part of a law firm. So make their payout separate and make sure victims get 100% compensation for what they've lost.

I got a free online movie rental from Comcast I think. I also should have gotten a few others that I sent the little postcard back for but never saw anything else and don't have a lot of interest in following up.

I'm all for holding companies accountable when they harm people or lie about goods or services they collect money for. I just think it's odd that you can be legitimately harmed and get pennies on the dollar, if even a full penny for every dollar you've been robbed of, while lawyers get absolutely showered in cash.

Sure, a class-action lawsuit takes a lot of time and effort on the part of a law firm. So make their payout separate and make sure victims get 100% compensation for what they've lost.

Yeah but in lawyer terms the time is not really much more of an investment than any other of their larger cases. They might bring on some extra help and normally it involves multiple firms, but in this case, for example, it will probably be completed by early next year, if not sooner, and that will represent maybe 6 months of prep and litigation, then another 18 months of follow up at a much lower dedicated hours level, all for tens if not hundreds of millions in this case. I read about the AT&T case that the law firms involved brought in, during the 18 months or so it took to finish the case, close to 5 times their annual average revenue.

Where is kicky to set us all straight on this? Is he trying to get in on the class action thing? Then he can buy a skybox and invite us all to every home game. Nice!

So far I've decided against their program, but I am being monitored on a different breach anyway. I just don't like the idea that you give up your right to sue them if you join.

The initial terms of use said that, but the company has changed them since.

The initial terms of use said that, but the company has changed them since.

If the official response from Congress is as it should be, we would likely see the greatest tail-between-the-legs response from any corporation ever for this kind of thing. Basically what should have happened in the financial crisis if all the politicians hadn't been sucking wallstreet dick over the whole thing.