What's new

Moussa Seck

Archie Moses

Big project: Moussa Seck barely played a minute for the Mavs’ summer league team last year, but he was invited back.

Why? He’s 7-foot-4.

Seck, a 23-year-old native of Senegal, is the ultimate project. He’s only been playing basketball for a few years, but his potential as a shot-blocker makes him worth the Mavs’ minimal investment.

“From last year to this year, tremendous amount of improvement,” said Mavs assistant Monte Mathis, the head coach of the summer league team. “Still has a long way to go.”

Mathis said Seck has made significant progress understanding basketball concepts. He catches and rebounds the ball much better. And he has a surprisingly soft shooting touch.
Seck, whose English is developing at a similar pace to his game, said he didn’t play basketball last season because of a shoulder injury. He understands that he’s still probably a few years away from being a legitimate NBA prospect.

But he’s an excellent candidate for the Texas Legends, Donnie Nelson’s new D-League team in Frisco, especially since folks might pay to see a the Metroplex’s tallest man play.

This guy in 7'4 and runs the floor well. I'm watching him right now on NBATV and dude can seriously protect the rim. If he doesn't make the Mavs roster ( I doubt it) I would be all over it. Dude has pretty good game for only playing for a few years. He's freaking big and agile.
moussaseck.jpg

0715tallguy.jpg

I've been watching him through summer league. He makes everyone else on the court look tiny. He had a nice block party going today, was really getting into the game and had 2 blocks within a minute. Had surprisingly good form from the freethrow line for a man who is 7'4", even though he barely missed both.

That said, he was scouted selling cosmetics in his country a few years ago. This guy is the ultimate project.