What's new

Multiverse - Higgs boson - String - Anthropic Principle

There is a difference though. All we need to do to prove leprechaun doesn't exist is simply turn this world right over, every single square inch, and we'll be able to prove that it doesn't exist on earth.

You can't do that with spiritual beings/person/whoever... with that said, what I believe is "Keep an open mind and don't disrespect what you don't know."

Apparently you've never heard of space leprechauns. Besides, everyone knows leprechauns can make themselves invisible.

Apparently you've never heard of space leprechauns. Besides, everyone knows leprechauns can make themselves invisible.

Well show me someone who has had a personal experience with an invisible leprechauns and I'll have a chat to him/her and see what he/she is all about.

Well show me someone who has had a personal experience with an invisible leprechauns and I'll have a chat to him/her and see what he/she is all about.

But forreal, can we move past the faith stuff. No offense to you, but you're a little late to that convo and it was already pretty played out.

One Brow - is it your claim that you know everything there is to know?

Why is it so hard to be open to the possibility?

I'm as open to the possibility of the existence of God as you are to the existence of leprechauns, perhaps more so.

There is a difference though. All we need to do to prove leprechaun doesn't exist is simply turn this world right over, every single square inch, and we'll be able to prove that it doesn't exist on earth.

You can't do that with spiritual beings/person/whoever... with that said, what I believe is "Keep an open mind and don't disrespect what you don't know."

What qualifies as realistic negative evidence? Is it Holmes' dog that didn't bark? Is it never finding a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, or even that rainbows don't have ends? Is it that the universe, as it is, seems to be perfectly explainable with no divine interference? Is it that the dictates of God change with the speaker, meaning there is no consistent evidence of communication?

Does it have to be a personal experience they can provide evidence for, or just someone who thinks they has a personal experience with a leprechaun? I used to think God communicated to me directly.

Does it have to be a personal experience they can provide evidence for, or just someone who thinks they has a personal experience with a leprechaun? I used to think God communicated to me directly.

Go on...

Who is to say he doesn't?

Perhaps he does and One Brow just does not acknowledge/recognize it.

I hope that if someone tells you he or she is having regular face to face conversations with the creator of the universe, you'd display SOME skepticism. Having faith does not mean you throw your god given brain in the trash.

And why has this thread been taken over by the faith discussion? The same point about faith not being provable has been made numerous times already. If your faith directly contradicts a theory, let it be known and discussed. If it doesn't, then let's just talk about science!

I hope that if someone tells you he or she is having regular face to face conversations with the creator of the universe, you'd display SOME skepticism. Having faith does not mean you throw your god given brain in the trash.

And why has this thread been taken over by the faith discussion? The same point about faith not being provable has been made numerous times already. If your faith directly contradicts a theory, let it be known and discussed. If it doesn't, then let's just talk about science!

The only way God can have direct communication with us is face to face? He cannot give us a dream, a feeling, an irrational fear, hunches, giant fire writing in the sky...to me direct communication is much wider than face to face verbal communication. How would you define direct communication?

Skeptisism? Of course I would. It is hugely, extremely unlikely. I believe God to be all powerful and all knowing so I believe it is possible.

It moved on to faith because that is what the people in this thread decided to talk about. If you don't like the topic than stop complaining and change the subject.

A few former believers turned atheists here... I wonder whatever happened to you guys? May be you can enlighten us?

So, Nickkk, I'm guessing you've probably been over this before but I haven't been privy to any of that discussion, so are you in the KKK or what? Why would you put KKK in your name?

So, Nickkk, I'm guessing you've probably been over this before but I haven't been privy to any of that discussion, so are you in the KKK or what? Why would you put KKK in your name?

LOL.. nah, there's nothing to it... I didn't even think about it.. it just came out like that.

I didn't realize the connotation until it was pointed out to me... I'm bad with spelling/a bit slow in picking up things as well, as others here can probably tell you..

LOL.. nah, there's nothing to it... I didn't even think about it.. it just came out like that.

I didn't realize the connotation until it was pointed out to me... I'm bad with spelling/a bit slow in picking up things as well, as others here can probably tell you..

And when you did realize you didn't strongly consider asking to have it changed? I've been operating under the assumption that you were a recovering racist after having found God. Seriously, I bet most people would respond to you better if you didn't have KKK in your name.

And when you did realize you didn't strongly consider asking to have it changed? I've been operating under the assumption that you were a recovering racist after having found God. Seriously, I bet most people would respond to you better if you didn't have KKK in your name.

He also has 3 t's in his name... I never thought he was part of the kkk...