What's new

My apologies to Trey Lyles

Stifle Tower

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
eat-crow-elegantly.jpg

OK, so questions still remain about his defense. But my concerns about his shooting - valid at the time - have disappeared. "Ballerina" has played very well in Favors' absence. His sideline celebrations are kind of *** (I know I can't use that phrase anymore). But I'll step up, admit I was wrong, and have my big serving of crow, I expect all others to do the same. Let's not have to bump that draft thread to identify everyone who needs to apologize.

didn't get to watch the game today but for what I heard, he has been playing really well. Saw the highlights from 2 days ago and i was surprised at how smooth his offensive game looked. He actually looked like an NBA player.

with that said, how has his defensive impact been? are we looking at another Kanter? puts up stats? and doesn't defend? or has he been giving good effort on defense? just wondering.

didn't get to watch the game today but for what I heard, he has been playing really well. Saw the highlights from 2 days ago and i was surprised at how smooth his offensive game looked. He actually looked like an NBA player.

with that said, how has his defensive impact been? are we looking at another Kanter? puts up stats? and doesn't defend? or has he been giving good effort on defense? just wondering.
shhhhh

eat-crow-elegantly.jpg

OK, so questions still remain about his defense. But my concerns about his shooting - valid at the time - have disappeared. "Ballerina" has played very well in Favors' absence. His sideline celebrations are kind of *** (I know I can't use that phrase anymore). But I'll step up, admit I was wrong, and have my big serving of crow, I expect all others to do the same. Let's not have to bump that draft thread to identify everyone who needs to apologize.

Now sure how he'll feel about your apology after being compared to a Ballerina... LOL

eat-crow-elegantly.jpg

your concerns weren't valid. You consistenly judge and jump to conclusions WAY too quickly. You'll keep eating crow as long as you do this

Let's just say he's a rookie, who gives effort, and needs to get more experience. Unlike Kanter it looks like he gives a damn on defense. He's smart. He'll figure it out.
eat-crow-elegantly.jpg

Hello!! My name is tjf, and I'll be your waiter would you like to hear our crow specialties this evening?

your concerns weren't valid. You consistenly judge and jump to conclusions WAY too quickly. You'll keep eating crow as long as you do this
Yep, when I see a post by Stifle I think, "Drama Queen." There's still time to rehabilitate yourself. This thread is a step in the right direction.

There was maybe 3-5 people who were happy with the pick, so a lot of people are "eating crow". Let's not act like the OP was the only one who was underwhelmed with the pick and doubted Lyles.

There was maybe 3-5 people who were happy with the pick, so a lot of people are "eating crow". Let's not act like the OP was the only one who was underwhelmed with the pick and doubted Lyles.

I recall only AB and myself liking Lyles. Can't remember if Lyles was the guy PG Want Ed the Jazz to draft.

This is harsh. Props to ST for manning up and owning up. I'd say it would be nice to see Hack do the same but we all know that will never happen.

So with him and Withey, we have four solid bigs. What do we need then, other than to get healthy?

Because Lyles was such a great shooter in college, right?

I'm totally with you in being underwhelmed with a pick-- but I mean give the Jazz at LEAST 1-2 years before we crucify them on a pick. Otherwise, look at how it leaves us feeling. Like ****ing morons.

These dudes are professionals, and have watched more film on Lyles than this entire board put together. Given their drafting record since DL joined I think the LEAST we can offer our FO is some patience with their picks.