What's new

NAW's only weakness was shooting

A breakaway rim may absorb some of the energy of a descending rainbow shot, while a line drive shot from the middle of the floor just skips off the rim and bounces hard off the backboard. That's what I'm saying
There's an optimal angle. NAW does not shoot at the optimal angle. Shooting both below or above that angle will result in harder misses.

I'm sure you are right... but when I shoot a 10 foot shot normally it goes in a lot... when I shoot a 10 foot floater it goes in less #maths

I also just don't remember a lot of great shooters that put the ball up that high. There have been a few of course.

Sounds like you need to work on your floater then. ;)

A breakaway rim may absorb some of the energy of a descending rainbow shot, while a line drive shot from the middle of the floor just skips off the rim and bounces hard off the backboard. That's what I'm saying

This is true if it hits directly on the front rim. Occasionally if it hits right on the back rim as well. You won’t get friendly rolls but you can get shots that hit the rim go straight up and go in.

I'm sure you are right... but when I shoot a 10 foot shot normally it goes in a lot... when I shoot a 10 foot floater it goes in less #maths

I also just don't remember a lot of great shooters that put the ball up that high. There have been a few of course.
Okur's arc was up there. Boozer had a huge arc.

However, the balls with less arc will have greater horizontal velocity. Minimal overall velocity comes approximately at a 32-degree arc.
Yes, there is a sweet spot. Too much arc equals more generated velocity due to gravity, too little arc means too much exit velocity.

Okur's arc was up there. Boozer had a huge arc.
Boozer is a great one. Did Booker shoot it pretty high too? (hard to remember as it seems like he didn't shoot from the outside much or at all)