What's new

NBA.com predicts Millsap as All-Star reserve; Jefferson as near-miss

twentytwo

https://www.nba.com/2012/allstar/2012/02/02/west-reserves/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Millsap as a wildcard and recognized for his play over the world. Nice.

Jefferson with an honorable mention, but doesn't make it because of Millsap himself.

What do you think? Will the coaches really vote for Millsap?

I really hope so. He deserves it.

And if your post is going to be "I don't care about All-Star, I want ALL of our players resting for that week!" then don't bother -- we know.

I think the coaches have a lot of respect for what Millsap does. Every interview after and before games coaches have nothing but respect for the guy. That said he has a tough crowd to get in ahead of. I think Jefferson might make it in because he is a center. My prediction is no one gets in at first then Jefferson makes it in for an injury sub kind of like when Okur made it in.

I would love to see Al making it to ASG. In one year he would be a highest scorer on a solid playoff team and an All-Star. This would bring up his trading value to tier1/fringe-franchise player level and we could trade him in off season for some valuable pieces.

If Millsap keeps it up (excluding last night's performance) and is left off the All-Star team it would be a real travesty. Not quite as bad as what happened at Penn State, but close.

The fact that they both have a decent shot at making the team just has me excited about their trade value. We may be able to get whoever we want in the upcoming draft, or may even be able to trade for a good young PG.

It's probably an overreaction, but I'm worried Paul is going to do what he did last year. Have a terrific start to the season, were he looks like a legitaimate top 5 PG, then falls off and just puts up good, but not great #'s. The difference between us winning games and losing them is having consistent production from him and Al.

It's probably an overreaction, but I'm worried Paul is going to do what he did last year. Have a terrific start to the season, were he looks like a legitaimate top 5 PG, then falls off and just puts up good, but not great #'s. The difference between us winning games and losing them is having consistent production from him and Al.

Chris Paul is on the Jazz? How long was I asleep?..

how many reserve big men they will need to pick? I think Aldridge and Nowitzki are locks, Duncan may get in just because he is Duncan and to be fair K.Love has better stats then Millsap or big AL. Plus we have Gasol brothers and Nene....to crowded IMHO for either Jazz man to make it I am afraid.

This guy thinks Deande Jordan should be there as well... not sure what he is smoking:

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...540427.html;_ylt=AlXoKOmI.i.WpFnrl8Ep0UHqbwM6