What's new

Nba don't want the Jazz to win the title.

It's definitely a small market. Both Dallas (DFW) and Houston (****ing huge) are much bigger markets than Austin/San Antonio. And people in Austin arent Spurs fans, by and large.
I’d love to have more info on all of this. But in my limited experience, Austin is a Spurs town.

I’d love to have more info on all of this. But in my limited experience, Austin is a Spurs town.
Austin is just a huge transplant city. A lot of people who live here arent from Texas (and rapidly trending that way), much less Austin, and it's just not a basketball city. It's not impossible to find pickup games (pre-covid) but compared to DFW and Houston it's night/day.

But, by and large Latino's in TX go for the Spurs or Lakers. Plus they have a huge international fanbase. Austin is just an extremely white city.

I disagree because they don’t have to give him the ball unless they really want to expose someone in the post. Bojan on the Jazz got smoked like 4 times in a row from the sixers using that strategy. The more ways a team CAN beat you not HAVE to, the better the team is. He’s also a veteran that will never demand the ball. If I were the Jazz I’d take him.

I guess that depends on whether you think their efficiency of LMA versus scrub post play is better than Harden or KD creating. I know which one I would take.

So shouldn't super teams raise your enjoyment level while watching your team?
It’s enjoyable watching my small market team that no free agent wants to go to who can’t get any buyout players get beat by a big market team that every free agent and buyout player wants to join when my small market team worked their tail to come this far and spent years developing? No not really haha

Anyone saying San Antonio is a “small market” has likely never been to the region (which includes Austin, which would make it the biggest in Texas).

Also, Texas is warm.
I was talking about the Jazz I didn’t say SA is a small market haha SA is definitely much smaller than the Lakers, Clippers, Boston and Miami though. It’s not just about warmth. I’ve heard it’s nice though haha I don’t know.

I HATE the super team mentality. “I’m not talented enough to win with my own team so I’ll join a team already loaded because I want winning to be easy”

This is why Jordan will always still be viewed as the better player over Lebron. Lebron chases rings by joining up with his friends. Jordan stayed and said I got this.
Lebronwyn has no legacy he is just a fraud Jordan worked hard and made players better around him when lebronwyn first went to the lakers he was crying like a bitch because they didn’t recruit anymore players then year after they got Davis and others

It’s enjoyable watching my small market team that no free agent wants to go to who can’t get any buyout players get beat by a big market team that every free agent and buyout player wants to join when my small market team worked their tail to come this far and spent years developing? No not really haha
Bruh you just said the higher the competition level, the more enjoyable.

Why are you lying then?

The Jazz have the #1 record in the NBA. Other teams got better to challenge the Jazz. The competition level raised. Your enjoyment level is too.

It sounds like you're just mad that players can make choices regarding where they want to play (which is ridiculous given that the first seven years of their career they are under heavy team control of whoever drafts them)

Anyone saying San Antonio is a “small market” has likely never been to the region (which includes Austin, which would make it the biggest in Texas).

Also, Texas is warm.
I live in Houston and Dallas and have been to San Antonio a number of times. It is warm but I would call it a small market by NBA standards.

Also blame "ringz" culture for stars teaming up. The idea that your career is only significant if you win championships. Westbrook dropped an insane triple double in a victory the other night and for some reason Stephen A Smith goes off on how he doesn't care because he hasn't achieved enough in the playoffs for his regular season accomplishments to mean anything.

So the grizzly announcer said "this jazz team will give you a chance to beat them on the offensive end" then the other one pointed out we are the only team in the top 5 in defense and offense. lolol

Lebronwyn has no legacy he is just a fraud Jordan worked hard and made players better around him when lebronwyn first went to the lakers he was crying like a bitch because they didn’t recruit anymore players then year after they got Davis and others
Jordan couldn't beat the Pistons until the NBA changed how Detroit could defend him.

The Jordan LeBron comparison isn't fair. MJ won because the league helped him and media babied him. LeBron won despite facing super teams and constant negative press.

But neither is better than the other. There is no GOAT. Just a Mount Rushmore

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

Jordan couldn't beat the Pistons until the NBA changed how Detroit could defend him.

The Jordan LeBron comparison isn't fair. MJ won because the league helped him and media babied him. LeBron won despite facing super teams and constant negative press.

Facing super-teams? He built the super-teams. What are you talking about? The mavs were a super-team? The spurs? Golden state was organically built until Durant rode the coattails.

Swing and a miss. LeBron is the owner and founder of super team logic that has really hurt the league.

So the grizzly announcer said "this jazz team will give you a chance to beat them on the offensive end" then the other one pointed out we are the only team in the top 5 in defense and offense. lolol
If that is the conversation I remember, I believe his point was around high variability on three-point shots and they are going to lose some games when they aren't dropping. Which I think is a fair point.