What's new

NBA Free Agents 2021

Ball is attempting more threes per minute than anyone on our team besides Clarkson. For the past two years, he's averaging 37.6% from deep on 850 attempts. He takes more than half his shots from deep. If he's able to consistently throw the lob to Gobert, that's the only way you punish teams for going small. Here are the three things he would bring:

- A legitimate perimeter defender.
- A lob threat keeping Rudy engaged and being able to utilize this option, especially if there is a kickout for 3 other three point shooters.
- He rebounds really well that it may significantly offset our rebounding challenges down the stretch.

I think on the whole he'd bring a new element that makes us better. He could be an all-star and MIP in our system.

Ball is attempting more threes per minute than anyone on our team besides Clarkson. For the past two years, he's averaging 37.6% from deep on 850 attempts. He takes more than half his shots from deep. If he's able to consistently throw the lob to Gobert, that's the only way you punish teams for going small. Here are the three things he would bring:

- A lob threat keeping Rudy engaged and being able to utilize this option, especially if there is a kickout for 3 other three point shooters.
- He rebounds really well that it may significantly offset our rebounding challenges down the stretch.

I think on the whole he'd bring a new element that makes us better. He could be an all-star and MIP in our system.
I think we should try to get him. Don't know what NOLA wants but we gotta try.

Yeah and I’d like to hang onto him as long as possible. He does everything for us and yet some folks seem to want to throw him out with the bath water for some mythical pie in the sky. Sorry I’m just a teacher on vacation killing time not an actual GM like some of you guys.
WTF? I feel like you are getting Bogey mixed up with someone else "He does everything for us...."? Besides dribbling off his leg every other time he tries to go to the hole, watching rebounds, horrible defense, and unforced passing turnovers, what are you talking about? If he isn't hitting shots, he adds absolutely nothing.

WTF? I feel like you are getting Bogey mixed up with someone else "He does everything for us...."? Besides dribbling off his leg every other time he tries to go to the hole, watching rebounds, horrible defense, and unforced passing turnovers, what are you talking about? If he isn't hitting shots, he adds absolutely nothing.
Wrong! One of the only guys on our team with legitimate post up skills. Judas how many times does this guy have to bail us out of games to be appreciated? Sweetest three stroke I’ve ever seen and more clutch than anybody on our team save for Don on a really good night. You got your cheeks chapped after another one and done and ready to scapegoat but this guy is highly coveted by pundits and other fan bases trust me!

Last edited:

Yeah, of the free agent guards, he would be my second choice to Dinwiddy. But his style of play and elite playmaking might actually make him a better fit for our team.

Does Hayward even have any athleticism left? From what I’ve seen, he doesn’t look close to the same player he used to be.
This year was the 1st he did same or better than Utah, but then got hurt so I consider him fragile now so not worth the money Hornets paid.

Have a feeling he will be a journeyman as he winds down his career.

Another article speculating GS interest which I doubt.

Jazz lucked out he left in hindsight as DM is an incredible player and personality so Jazz got the better end of the deal.

I was rooting hard for the Jazz this year, but you will be back next year.

Yeah and I’d like to hang onto him as long as possible. He does everything for us and yet some folks seem to want to throw him out with the bath water for some mythical pie in the sky. Sorry I’m just a teacher on vacation killing time not an actual GM like some of you guys.

After thinking about it, in the unlikely event of a sign and trade coming our way, I would only consider trading Favors as he became a bit redundant with Doke on the bench. Far more likely, he would be my primary trade bait for possible roster improvements, not Bogey, SMOY or Mr Unbreakable!

I think that people will be pleasantly surprised with Dok as our primary backup once we trade Favors. He's basically Zion-light.

There are a handful of guys I like in the prospect upside types like jarred Vanderbilt and Tyler Bey... then there are a lot of older guys I would go after with the taxpayer MLE... some wouldn’t get the whole amount... guys like Bazemore, harkless, Batum, Craig, bullock, to name a few. Some guys I like but think will be out of price range.

One guy I’d be thrilled to see is Rudy gay. Big wing getting it done still... great rebounder. Think he can be small ball 5 when we need it. Maybe manufacture some pts we need at times with his mid range game.

Lol Rudy Gay is so washed

Lol Rudy Gay is so washed
Please explain because he’s at or above his career averages per 36 in every statistical category. He’s the big wing we lack that can shoot and rebound. He would have been way more effective on Morris... I’m not sure how he is “washed” but I’d take that version of him on this roster.

12 Unrestricted Free agents in that $5 million MLE or less range who might interest me:

Daniel Theis - C/PF Chicago - stretch C - really played well for Boston a couple years back

Kelly Olynyk - C/PF Houston - stretch C - been a fan of his for a while.

Bazemore - SG GS - if we had to trade Clarkson, I could see him okay playing the bench scorer role

Batum - PF/C Clippers - he's been a perfect fit for us for a long time. We can pay more than minimum

Reggie Jackson - SG/PG Clippers - likely out of our price range, but could replace a traded Clarkson

Alex Caruso - PG/SG Lakers - likely out of our price range, but worth a shot

Nemanja Bjelica - PF Miami - could he play stretch 5? Replaces a traded Bojan?

Otto Porter Jr - PF/SF Orlando - likely out of our price range, but worth a shot

Furkan Korkmaz - SG/SF Philly - likely out of our price range, but this kid can absolutely shoot

Rudy Gay - SF/PF SA - likely out of our price range, but worth a shot

Patty Mills - PG SA - gritty player who could come off the bench and provide a spark

Stanley Johnson - SF/PF Toronto - still only 25 and shot 33% from 3 this year

Names worth monitoring

Semi Ojeleye - SF/PF Boston - solid athlete who just didn't get minutes behind Tatum and Brown

Luwawu-Cabarrot - SG/SF Brooklyn

Denzel Valentine - SG/SF Chicago

Millsap - PF Denver - if willing to come off the bench for 12 mpg, he'd be an asset for small ball lineups

Moritz Wagner - C Orlando - shoots 30% on 3s and only 24

Please explain because he’s at or above his career averages per 36 in every statistical category. He’s the big wing we lack that can shoot and rebound. He would have been way more effective on Morris... I’m not sure how he is “washed” but I’d take that version of him on this roster.

Mate I watched a few Spurs games toward the end of the year. Bloke can barely move his feet now.

Use Clarkson or Bojan in a trade for Lonzo. Probably prefer to keep Bojan. Sign OPJ.

Donovan
Lonzo
Bojan
OPJ
Rudy
I'd rather have Clarkson than bojan personally. But could still work.

I'd rather have Clarkson than bojan personally. But could still work.
I'd be looking at it from the end of a starting and closing lineup. I'd want really good shooters around Lonzo for kick-outs.

I'd be looking at it from the end of a starting and closing lineup. I'd want really good shooters around Lonzo for kick-outs.
Agreed. But I think we'd be money ahead if we could move bogey and get a defensive big wing that can shoot the 3 even just ok. Even a crowder could replace bogey in that lineup and do some damage the way he has been playing. Or even just O'Neal. Something like that and keep Clarkson would be ideal imo.

Lonzo
Mitchell
O'Neal
OPJ
Gobert

Clarkson
Ingles
Filler

Mate I watched a few Spurs games toward the end of the year. Bloke can barely move his feet now.
Oh my bad... yeah let's go with the eye test in a few meaningless games at the end of the year... that's way better than considering the actual results across a long season.