What's new

NBA Playoffs

I think Collins best outcome is as a stretchy Boozer.
I think Collins is a lot more athletic, and can definitely shoot the 3 whereas Boozer only made 1 three his entire career. But I like that comp. It's fair. In today's game, Boozer would have had to play minutes at center in the playoffs.

Collins had a positive defensive Raptor (if I read that correctly lol).

I think Collins is a lot more athletic, and can definitely shoot the 3 whereas Boozer only made 1 three his entire career. But I like that comp. It's fair. In today's game, Boozer would have had to play minutes at center in the playoffs.

Collins had a positive defensive Raptor (if I read that correctly lol).
Booze was really athletic in his prime too… his lateral movement was awful… but strength and he’d mash on guys plenty. Collins is better vertically… I think in todays NBA Booze would have tried to stretch to 3 as well. That’s a really good player but needs a 30 minute a night center still.

These are from the combine, and their measurements are almost identical.

Horford:
w/shoes 6'9.75"
Standing Reach 8'11"
Wingspan 7'.75"

Collins:
w/shoes 6'9.5"
Standing Reach 8'10.5"
Wingspan 6'11.25"

Somebody made the point that Collins could never be Horford because Horford is more skilled and Collins isn't as good of a shooter. Collins is actually a better offensive player than Horford.

Horford has played primarily center in his career, and has been a great success. I don't think Collins would be Al Horford because every player is different. If Collins was given more time at C, I think he could progress nicely.
Horford is bulkier than Collins though, which allows him to play the 5 a bit better. I know Horford is only 5lbs heavier but that measurement is probably off. I also don't believe Horford playing the 5 is that sustainable given the fact that it's only a temp solution for the Celtics as they are missing time Lord. If we are to bring in Collins it's definitely gonna be geared upgrade on the 4 not the 5.

Booze was really athletic in his prime too… his lateral movement was awful… but strength and he’d mash on guys plenty. Collins is better vertically… I think in todays NBA Booze would have tried to stretch to 3 as well. That’s a really good player but needs a 30 minute a night center still.
I really don't want to talk myself into it, but getting Collins and Capela does check a lot of boxes especially if we are keeping Quin. Collins could play about 15 minutes a night at C. Capela picks up most of the rest. I really don't like the idea of having a non-stretch center though.

I really don't want to talk myself into it, but getting Collins and Capela does check a lot of boxes especially if we are keeping Quin. Collins could play about 15 minutes a night at C. Capela picks up most of the rest. I really don't like the idea of having a non-stretch center though.
True stretch 5s that don't tank your defense are incredibly rare. Kleber, Horford, Jackson, Mobley?

There are another group of playmaking 5s like Bam and Green, but most of their utility is on defense and Green's offensive short comings are really going to start to show.

The guys that have the best chance of hitting as valuable stretch 5s are PJ Washington... Naz Reid... then its a lot of guys that might work if you squint a little like Boucher, Bazley, Roby,

I think if they do a re-tool you can use Collins for sure... but you have to pair him with the guys from above and need a good rim protector with him. I also wouldn't mind getting Olynyk or Muscala as a 20 minute a night guy to pair with him.

Mavs work because Kleber is under-rated as a unicorn. Was a rim protector but also was guarding Kawhi a lot last year. DFS and Bullock are great on the wings and Luka is flamable at times but competes and gets a ton of boards... He is also a one man amazing offense when surrounded by shooters. He's as close to unsolvable as a player as there is.

Celtics have maybe the best collection of guys who can defend that I think I've seen in a while. They play like maybe one less good defender.

Jazz will need like 4-5 plus defenders if they move Rudy... I'm skeptical. They need 2-3 if they keep Rudy... I'm skeptical there too. Really curious how we mess this up... I kid... kind of.

The key to playoff basketball is to have someone who is a good 3pt shooter, but not good enough to warrant attention, and also believably bad enough that teams will ignore so that they can get a high number of good looks.

They also have to put up a few bad shooting games to give the other team confidence in their gameplan to let them shoot.

Royce Oneale is our version of that. Just got to convince him to take 18 in a game during the playoffs so we can steal a game with an unexpected gameplan.

The key to playoff basketball is to have someone who is a good 3pt shooter, but not good enough to warrant attention, and also believably bad enough that teams will ignore so that they can get a high number of good looks.

They also have to put up a few bad shooting games to give the other team confidence in their gameplan to let them shoot.

Royce Oneale is our version of that. Just got to convince him to take 18 in a game during the playoffs so we can steal a game with an unexpected gameplan.
Also need a #1 guy that is so scary teams end up in rotations to leave guys open all game.

True stretch 5s that don't tank your defense are incredibly rare. Kleber, Horford, Jackson, Mobley?

There are another group of playmaking 5s like Bam and Green, but most of their utility is on defense and Green's offensive short comings are really going to start to show.

The guys that have the best chance of hitting as valuable stretch 5s are PJ Washington... Naz Reid... then its a lot of guys that might work if you squint a little like Boucher, Bazley, Roby,

I think if they do a re-tool you can use Collins for sure... but you have to pair him with the guys from above and need a good rim protector with him. I also wouldn't mind getting Olynyk or Muscala as a 20 minute a night guy to pair with him.

Mavs work because Kleber is under-rated as a unicorn. Was a rim protector but also was guarding Kawhi a lot last year. DFS and Bullock are great on the wings and Luka is flamable at times but competes and gets a ton of boards... He is also a one man amazing offense when surrounded by shooters. He's as close to unsolvable as a player as there is.

Celtics have maybe the best collection of guys who can defend that I think I've seen in a while. They play like maybe one less good defender.

Jazz will need like 4-5 plus defenders if they move Rudy... I'm skeptical. They need 2-3 if they keep Rudy... I'm skeptical there too. Really curious how we mess this up... I kid... kind of.
Good breakdown. I think Collins next to a good defensive PF/C type who can shoot a little works. I love the idea of Olynyk, and always have. He's a scrapper who is pretty solid all around. Kleber is very underrated and is the type we should look for out there.

As for replacing Rudy, I don't think we need that many guys (4-5). We give our wings/guards grief for their defending, and they arent great but they aren't that bad. I think we run a system that is tailored to our centers' strengths and maybe not what is best to defend in the modern era.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Anyone else think something terrible happened within the Suns locker room? All the props (AND MAJOR PROPS) to Jason Kidd for literally outcoaching the **** out of Monty Williams in that series.

But that Suns team looked like it didn't want to be there at ALL in those last 5 games.

I think something is gonna leak about something bad happening within that locker room after Game 2 of that series.

Anyone else think something terrible happened within the Suns locker room? All the props (AND MAJOR PROPS) to Jason Kidd for literally outcoaching the **** out of Monty Williams in that series.

But that Suns team looked like it didn't want to be there at ALL in those last 5 games.

I think something is gonna leak about something bad happening within that locker room after Game 2 of that series.
That was my 1st thought. The last two games they looked a lot like us. The defense wasn’t connected and the offense became 5 guys going 1 on 1. Which is saying something because just a few weeks ago that offense was a machine.

Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if something happened between Ayton and Paul. Paul is a hot head and I can see Ayton being cavalier and things escalated from there.

That was my 1st thought. The last two games they looked a lot like us. The defense wasn’t connected and the offense became 5 guys going 1 on 1. Which is saying something because just a few weeks ago that offense was a machine.

Frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if something happened between Ayton and Paul. Paul is a hot head and I can see Ayton being cavalier and things escalated from there.
I maintain that the Suns were by far the best team all year - as you said, an absolute machine.

I know the Paul-typical postseason injury leaked out, although no one knows how bad that hurt him, but that ENTIRE team looked like they never played basketball before when they went to Dallas. Whatever happened between Games 2 and 3 might be worth a 30 for 30.

If CP3 really got hot-headed, he just threw away the best chance in his career to win a title, on the best team hes ever had.

I get all the Suns slander - but the level of the slander indicates just how shocking it was that they imploded. I've never seen anything like what happened to that team.

I maintain that the Suns were by far the best team all year - as you said, an absolute machine.

I know the Paul-typical postseason injury leaked out, although no one knows how bad that hurt him, but that ENTIRE team looked like they never played basketball before when they went to Dallas. Whatever happened between Games 2 and 3 might be worth a 30 for 30.

If CP3 really got hot-headed, he just threw away the best chance in his career to win a title, on the best team hes ever had.

I get all the Suns slander - but the level of the slander indicates just how shocking it was that they imploded. I've never seen anything like what happened to that team.
Booker could’ve said something stupid. Ayton is a FA this summer right? So perhaps he had a bad attitude? Their coach seemed to lose control fast. Not that it mattered, But why did he suddenly start playing Biyombo over McGee? Seemed strange to me. The entire series seems like a story waiting to be told.

Booker could’ve said something stupid. Ayton is a FA this summer right? So perhaps he had a bad attitude? Their coach seemed to lose control fast. Not that it mattered, But why did he suddenly start playing Biyombo over McGee? Seemed strange to me. The entire series seems like a story waiting to be told.
The Biyombo thing is explainable because hes more mobile than McGee, and McGee simply doesn't have the footspeed to keep up on the perimeter guys when Dallas plays 5 out - Biyombo doesn't either but hes definitely better than McGee at that, but the Suns really didn't have a "smallball 5" with Saric out (oddly no one mentioned this at all this year, and in hindsight was probably a huge issue for their bench). Craig was probably their closest option, and they did try that but Craig was a disaster in the entire playoffs.

I think its something between Monty and DA - the DA benching incident seems to be the breaking point of something that had been troubling that team for some time.

lmao, so all those people who bitch INCESSENTALTY about not trading for CP3, you still want his contract when he's due 60 million over the next two years?

Who bitched about this? I remember everyone thinking cp3 was washed when he was with houston. I remember myself saying that he might be the worst contract in the nba.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Imagine watching the playoffs and being upset that we traded Allen and Crowder. Absolute scrubs. LoPo and other Conley haters are quiet as hell right now.

We traded more than those 2. Those two both went farther in the playoffs than our team did.

Lol. We didn't just trade Allen and Crowder. But Allen, Crowder, Brandon Clarke, this year's FRP and 30mil in cap space. And the absolute "scrub" you referring to still had a better playoff campaign than your Might Conley.

You could kinda throw rubio in there too in the group of things we gave up for conley.

I love how people mention that we gave up picks. Like ok??? Lol the last two picks we’ve made Azubuike and Butler don’t even play. We could have drafted Bane but who even knows if he gets any meaningful minutes.

Could also have traded the picks. Also we did get mitchell and gobert in the draft iirc