What's new

NBA Stars' Comments and Reactions to Rookie Donovan Mitchell

I want it for him just so that he can see that his hard work this year can pay off. I don't want him feeling like he can't get accolades because he plays for Utah.
this. how many times do we gotta hear "you gotta do twice as much in small markets to get the award"

Cousins and DeRozan are on the Spida hypetrain!

vM8qvv7.jpg

Despite the shots not dropping on the night, DM kept shooting and shot 9 from 28. He is obviously desperate to pinch the ROY award from Simmons, which resulted in his obviously blatant stats padding and chuckings. Is he playing for the team or playing for personal accolades?

Imagine if Exum is as selfish as mitchell and shot 9 from 28 on the night, he would have beenlambasted on this forum.

Last edited:
Despite the shots not dropping on the night, DM kept shooting and shot 9 from 28. He is obviously desperate to pinch the ROY award from Simmons, which resulted in his obviously blatant stats padding and chuckings. Is he playing for the team or playing for personal accolades?

Imagine if Exum is as selfish as mitchell and shot 9 from 28 on the night, he would have beenlambasted on this forum.

Your complaint is invalid. 13 fourth quarter points and 8 of the Jazz last 9 points. Sit down and shut the **** up.

Attachments

• 88B5FDDD-1592-41DE-908A-70F0A1C9F0EB.jpeg
    88B5FDDD-1592-41DE-908A-70F0A1C9F0EB.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 30
Your complaint is invalid. 13 fourth quarter points and 8 of the Jazz last 9 points. Sit down and shut the **** up.

you can also say that without his woeful shooting in the 1st 3 quarters, jazz would have wrapped up the game before the 4th qaurter even started

you can also say that without his woeful shooting in the 1st 3 quarters, jazz would have wrapped up the game before the 4th qaurter even started

It’s sort of a moot point really. He took some selfish shots. He took a ton of good shots that just didn’t fall. And He took lots of shots where it kicked back out to him with 5 seconds left and he had to get something up. It’s just the reality of our offense that he’s the only one who can create his own looks. He’s gonna have some bad nights, especially if we’re asking him to run the offense as rookie.

You mentioned exum earlier. I’d rather him take a lot of shots and learn to harness his strengths of creating and breaking the defense, than sit in the corner for 30 mins and take 2 shots and never develop.

Where is the neg button when you need it

It must be hard to watch your hero Simmons choke away an award for wrapped up. But fact is Mitchell is winning the award now. Not only because he is the better player but because he is winning games for his team.

He took mostly good shots that weren't falling last night but great players know their shot will eventually fall so they keep shooting. He took over and won that game in the fourth. Not like old disappears in the fourth and stuffs his stats early in the first quarter Simmons. Who also stuffs his stats with filler rebounds.

Also last night a lot of missed shots from Mitchell wills lead to points for the team. That's why an aggressive driver is so important, and Mitchell knows that.

It's okay, keep crying to us here. It's very entertaining to watch your silly misguided hate for the far superior Mitchell. I enjoy your tears.

theres always stuff to complain about here i guess, even during the first 10 game win streak we've had in the last decade.

His shot selection could/should be better, no doubt.

But he's also a rookie that right now, is the only guy who can create his own shot and has defenses focused solely on him. He's getting scouted, a lot, as a primary option. He's going to have some bad shooting % nights. It's part of growth.

Despite his bad shooting, he still proved to be clutch at the end, and still impacts the game even when he isn't scoring. Having him as the primary ball handler, and primary scoring option is just too much for him right now, but it will help accelerate his growth.

It's fine to be constructive, but calling him selfish? Nah. Dude just wants to win.

Who else is supposed to take those shots? The offense wasn’t working at ALL. And we have very few players who can create for themselves, especially with no Rubio. Literally his job in times like that is to try to make something happen. They weren’t falling last night, but I’ll live and die by the kid every single time.

Btw he had 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, and only one turnover. Made huge plays when we needed them, oh, and we WON the game.

i've LOLd twice this season watching Lonzo near elbow Randle in the face for bunny rebounds... he want those rebounds. Randle deferred both times like you kidding me, that's your PG, very selfless lol