What's new

NBA Trade Machine

It just seems way more likely they trade everyone else and fire Hoiberg. Who knows though. I think Boston is the much more sensible destination though. They can offer Brooklyn picks and rookie contracts.

Boston could do a trade like this: https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=japqelk

It would include a Brooklyn pick, though I know Ainge has be reluctant to offer those up.

Which package would you take assuming there is only 1 Brooklyn pick (let's say this year's draft) in the Boston deal?

If I'm Chicago, I'd be pretty damn tempted by that 2017 Brooklyn pick. The chance at Fultz, Ball, etc., might be too good to pass up. Idk if Ainge would actually be willing to give that up though. Without that pick included in the deal, Utah's package would be much better.

I think Minny would be another player for Butler. Thibs is probably licking his chops at the chance to overwork Butler again. I imagine he'd offer a deal involving LaVine, with either Rubio or Dunn included. Minny's own pick is another valuable asset, even if it's not as good as the BKN pick.

The thought of Butler/Hayward is pretty salivating though. Do I dare say that would potentially be the 3rd best wing duo of the past 30 years?

1. Jordan/Pippen
2. Wade/Lebron
3. Butler/Hayward

Maybe Thompson/Durant would be ahead of them, but I kind of want to say no because Thompson is an overrated little bitch.

If I'm Chicago, I'd be pretty damn tempted by that 2017 Brooklyn pick. The chance at Fultz, Ball, etc., might be too good to pass up. Idk if Ainge would actually be willing to give that up though. Without that pick included in the deal, Utah's package would be much better.

I think Minny would be another player for Butler. Thibs is probably licking his chops at the chance to overwork Butler again. I imagine he'd offer a deal involving LaVine, with either Rubio or Dunn included. Minny's own pick is another valuable asset, even if it's not as good as the BKN pick.

Yeah, I guess it depends on your level of enthusiasm towards LaVine. I'd imagine that would be a fairly divisive topic among NBA minds. I'd much rather have Utah's package of players over anything Minnesota could offer w/o giving up KAT/Wiggins. Plus, their pick wouldn't be that great once Minnesota had a threesome of Butler/KAT/Wiggins. They probably still wouldn't make the playoffs, but I'd imagine the pick would like in the 9-14 range and that isn't a mind blowing spot to be in, even in a deep draft.

The thing about our package is that the draft picks are mediocre. If Boston is willing to deal with this year's Brookyln pick that seems like the easy choice to me. You can also fully tank next year with the Boston package but if you get Favors/Lyles/Exum/Hood or Burks then you can probably field a decent team next year. IDK which way Chicago would want to go. Probably depends on their opinion on Exum, which I would assume isn't super high.

The point is, if Butler really is on the market, then we'll be a major player in the bidding. I think we have the disposable assets to compete with pretty much anything other than super high picks like the BKN pick, as you pointed out.

The point is, if Butler really is on the market, then we'll be a major player in the bidding. I think we have the disposable assets to compete with pretty much anything other than super high picks like the BKN pick, as you pointed out.

We'll see. I'm guessing this is Chicago just putting feelers (more specifically, begging Ainge to give up both Brooklyn picks) out to see what his value is and they will pretty decisively look at the offers and realize it's better to just keep Butler and blow everything else up. Hoiberg is almost certainly going to get fired this off-season if not during the season.

I'm sure DL would probably be hesitant to be in rumors when he knows it's probably just Chicago leveraging Ainge to give up those picks.

We'll see. I'm guessing this is Chicago just putting feelers (more specifically, begging Ainge to give up both Brooklyn picks) out to see what his value is and they will pretty decisively look at the offers and realize it's better to just keep Butler and blow everything else up. Hoiberg is almost certainly going to get fired this off-season if not during the season.

I'm sure DL would probably be hesitant to be in rumors when he knows it's probably just Chicago leveraging Ainge to give up those picks.

Yeah, idk. I hope the rumors have some credence, cause we'd be legit contenders with him. It's the closest thing to a "Harden deal" out there I can spot; the only other star that could potentially be available is Cousins...

Yeah, idk. I hope the rumors have some credence, cause we'd be legit contenders with him. It's the closest thing to a "Harden deal" out there I can spot; the only other star that could potentially be available is Cousins...

I also saw Butler's game tonight was one of the worst games by an All-Star ever.

Favors looks like he has a chronic issue, and Exum and Lyles have shown very little. The Bulls would be giving up their best player for potentially nothing. Unless they're totally convinced Favors can be back at 100% next season (and there is no way to be sure since he started this season not looking too hot), practically half of the league can make a better offer.

So how the **** do we afford all of Hill, Hayward, Butler, and Gobert?

giphy.gif

So I want to have;

Hill
Butler
Hayward
Millsap
Gobert

I am willing to give all of these up;
Exum
Hood
Burks
Favors
Mack
Withey
Picks

Now somebody plug that shot into your machine and make it happen.

So I want to have;

Hill
Butler
Hayward
Millsap
Gobert

I am willing to give all of these up;
Exum
Hood
Burks
Favors
Mack
Withey
Picks

Now somebody plug that shot into your machine and make it happen.

And Lyles, right?

Melo!