Netflix recs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duck Rodgers, Mar 9, 2014.

1. addictionary

addictionary Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    From torrent to subscriptions to me.

2. Ostertag>Duncan

Ostertag>Duncan My Members Premium Contributor

May 26, 2010
    It's meh. After the first episode I was intrigued because it was so different, than nothing interesting happened after and it turned to mush.

6 meh's out of 10.

3. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    Anyone watch The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix? Gets a 9.1 on IMDb. Gonna have to check it out.

4. DasJazz

DasJazz Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Haven't yet, but it's on this week's radar. It's supposedly super scary so I'll be getting the popcorn ready in a day or two.

5. Scat

Scat Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I've been watching and not scary at all but the psychological aspect is highly intriguing. I would recommend. Even Stephen King said that it is genius.

They have a part 2 of Making a Murderer that I am going to be watching next.

6. fishonjazz

fishonjazz Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Nov 4, 2010
    Was just going to post in here about it. Its fantastic. I cant get enough. Im on episode 7 right now and i love this show. Episode 6 is really something to behold. One of the best, most well done hours of television there is.
    I really like the show This Is Us and The Haunting of Hill House reminds me of This Is Us mixed with The Conjuring.

prodigy likes this.
  7. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    Its scary but not super scary. I started watching it for the scares but continued watching for the drama and story telling aspects of the show. Really well done.

8. DasJazz

Dec 18, 2016
    Watched about 3 episodes today, and I like it, but I find it more creepy than scary for sure. The story is interesting for sure.

fishonjazz likes this.
  9. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    I watched two episodes of this and am not sure how it gets a 9.1. It’s 7.5 worthy and that’s about it.

10. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE #Baby_Talk Staff Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Making of a Murderer Season 2 is out. I'm 7 episodes in and it's been really good so far, not as gripping as Season 1 but still pretty good.

11. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    It gets better. Episode 6 is magnificent

12. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    Is it about the same people as season one or a new storyline?

13. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE #Baby_Talk Staff Member

Aug 17, 2010
    It's the continuation of Season 1, it's about overturning the verdict for Brendon Dassey and Steven Avery with new lawyers (who are much better than the lawyers in Season 1).

fishonjazz likes this.
  14. idestroyedthetoilet

idestroyedthetoilet Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Yeah. I don't get scared by movies or care for the films much but this one was well done. We watched it after the kids went to bed and my wife was creeped out pretty good. I had to sleep like a guard dog in front of the door. That way she can jump out the window by the time anyone can push my fat *** out of their way.

15. DasJazz

Dec 18, 2016
    Ended up watching the whole series, and the ending was a disappointment to me for sure. And, like I said earlier, it had it's moments and was definitely a bit creepy, but scariest thing ever? No, not even close.

fishonjazz likes this.
  16. prodigy

prodigy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Ive binged watched up to episode 7 today. I would say it doesnt start off great but the further you go and how the story unfolds is just fantastic. I like how it doesnt treat the audience like your an idiot that needs everything explained. You learn things along the way and you can come up with your own ideas of how the story will unfold. The last 10 minutes or so of episode 5 and the carry over into episode 6 is where it peaks. And does it ever.

fishonjazz likes this.
  17. prodigy

prodigy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I think part of the effectiveness of that show is how much the child actors resembled the adult actors, that is a tricky thing to pull off and i thought they did it really well.

Still shook up from the ending to episode 5. That ending is devastating.

fishonjazz likes this.
  18. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    I watched blackkklansman and really enjoyed it. Quite funny (I LOVE the actor in this movie that played kylo ren in star wars and killed it in logan lucky. He was also fantastic when he recently hosted SNL. He is becoming one of my favorites) and had a good, gripping plot.

At the very end they had some social commentary real life footage of what racism looks like in todays society complete with trump speeches and david duke (kkk grand wizard) footage and some footage from the incident in charlottesville and a few other real life footage of rallies, marches, and protests. It was heartbreaking for me and just reiterated the damage that trump has done to society. He is helping to bring all the worst of the racists out of the shadows and into the forefront.

I know, wrong thread for that little rant but it was quite moving and powerful. I recommend everyone to watch to watch the movie simply for that post movie just before the credits ending. I shows actually footage of that car that mowed people down and I had never seen footage of it before. It shook me. You can probably just you tube blackkklansman ending footage or something like to see it if you dont want to watch the whole movie, but it is a quite good movie too and i recommend just watching all of it.

19. freakazoid

freakazoid Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    So, I haven't really noticed anyone referencing anything on Prime. Lots of good series there, but I want to start with Man in the High Castle. This is a fictional series as to what might have happened if the U.S. had lost world war ll. 4 seasons and all are good.

Highly recommended.

Bulletproof likes this.
  20. fishonjazz

Nov 4, 2010
    Guy at work told me about that show. I immediately put it in my favorites list. Will start it soon

freakazoid likes this.