What's new

Netflix recs?

I'm watching Dumb Money right now and love it.

Next I'm going to watch The Big Short

(No idea if either movie is on Netflix btw)

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Dumb Money is on netflix. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, Nick Offerman and Seth Rogen as the hedge fund managers scenes were great. Paul Dano was convincing as Keith Gill. It is a good David vs Goliath story.

Dumb Money is on netflix. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, Nick Offerman and Seth Rogen as the hedge fund managers scenes were great. Paul Dano was convincing as Keith Gill. It is a good David vs Goliath story.
I just finished it. Nice to see that most of the David's mostly won and most of the Goliaths kinda ish lost (though not really though)

I enjoyed seeing AOC go after the Goliaths.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Not Netflix but Hulu

Shogun

I'm not going to provide a full review now, but this is at least a VERY good show.

If you've read the book this is worth watching. If you haven't read the book this is basically a must watch.

If you watched the 1980 mini series and liked it this is a worthy update that is even more true to the book.

This is a well made show. I have my criticisms but I'm going to save them until the show is complete.

Last edited:
Not Netflix but Hulu

Shogun

I'm not going to provide a full review now, but this is at least a VERY good show.

If you've read the book this is worth watching. If you haven't read the book this is basically a must watch.

If you watched the 1980 mini series and liked it this is a worthy update that is even more true to the book.

This is a well made show. I have my criticisms but I'm going to save them until the show is complete.

enjoying this immensely

Sorry mate, no I mean Shogun
Oh yeah, that has been amazing. Better than the older mini series.

I'm also dumb because I ranted about the 3 Body problem in another thread but mentioned Shogun there and didn't fully read your response before posting.

Oh yeah, that has been amazing. Better than the older mini series.

I'm also dumb because I ranted about the 3 Body problem in another thread but mentioned Shogun there and didn't fully read your response before posting.
gotcha all good I've heard so many conflicting opinions on that 3 Body show

gotcha all good I've heard so many conflicting opinions on that 3 Body show
That's why I asked if you had read it. Seems the 1 star reviews are from the book readers and the better reviews are from people just watching the show.

That book series is immensely difficult to turn into a show. I couldn't imagine it being entertaining that way, but I did really hope that it wasn't turned into stupid nonsense. The trailer was disappointing but I'm going to try to judge the show on it's own. Not as I imagined things as I read the book.

That said I've read Shogun twice and listened to the audiobook twice plus watched the mini-series al least twice. This version of it is fantastic.