What's new

Netflix recs?

I thought True Detective season 3 rivaled season one in most ways. I liked the character of Rust Cohle better than any in season 3 but I really liked the two detectives in season 3 a lot and liked the roland character even better than woody harrelson character. I felt like the acting of Mahershala Ali was as good or even better than Matthew mcconaughey and there were many many great performances. I even felt like the dad (Tom Purcell) had some moments were he was better than everyone else. The story was really good and had me from the beginning to the end. I was a bit disappointed to find out that all this mystery, suspense, horror, and death was simply about a sad woman who had lost her mind and simply wanted her daughter back so badly that she took someone elses. Sad but nothing sinister like i was expecting and tbh hoping. There were some evil elements (what happened to lucy? Did she really OD or did the cop/security guy kill her? Did Tom really commit suicide? What happened to dan obrien? Cover ups by the higher ups in the Police Department) but nothing compared to season one. Season one was about pedophelia and meth cooking phsycos and a mentally unstable giant serial killer...... much more sinister and justification for all the death in the show. This one was more emotional no doubt but less thrilling in the end.
I still like season one better but season one might be my favorite bit of television of all time so thats not a knock on season 3. It was also one of the greats.
Cant wait for season 4 assuming they make another one.

So I have a show that everyone needs to watch. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Not sure if it's on Netflix or not though. It's a cinemax show.
Tales From The Tour bus. Never laughed so hard in my life.
It's basically just friends, family, bandmates, managers, Roadies etc talking about **** that happened when touring with people like Jonny paycheck, george Jones, Jerry Lee Lewis, Waylon Jennings, Billie Joe shaver, blaze Foley, George Clinton, bootsy Collins, James brown, Rick James, Betty Davis, and Morris Day.

So funny. Imagine those Rick James skits that Dave Chapelle did but there are like 20 full episodes of it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I thought True Detective season 3 rivaled season one in most ways. I liked the character of Rust Cohle better than any in season 3 but I really liked the two detectives in season 3 a lot and liked the roland character even better than woody harrelson character. I felt like the acting of Mahershala Ali was as good or even better than Matthew mcconaughey and there were many many great performances. I even felt like the dad (Tom Purcell) had some moments were he was better than everyone else. The story was really good and had me from the beginning to the end. I was a bit disappointed to find out that all this mystery, suspense, horror, and death was simply about a sad woman who had lost her mind and simply wanted her daughter back so badly that she took someone elses. Sad but nothing sinister like i was expecting and tbh hoping. There were some evil elements (what happened to lucy? Did she really OD or did the cop/security guy kill her? Did Tom really commit suicide? What happened to dan obrien? Cover ups by the higher ups in the Police Department) but nothing compared to season one. Season one was about pedophelia and meth cooking phsycos and a mentally unstable giant serial killer...... much more sinister and justification for all the death in the show. This one was more emotional no doubt but less thrilling in the end.
I still like season one better but season one might be my favorite bit of television of all time so thats not a knock on season 3. It was also one of the greats.
Cant wait for season 4 assuming they make another one.

What happened to Lucy? She was alive. That was her in the last episode with the little girl. This was stated clearly, homie.

What happened to Lucy? She was alive. That was her in the last episode with the little girl. This was stated clearly, homie.
Nah Lucy OD'd. Or was killed by the security guard cop.
The missing girls name wasn't Lucy. Lucy was her mom, Tom's wife

I think we’re certainly supposed to infer that Tom Purcell was murdered.

I think O’Brien was definitely murdered. His body was found in the quarry iirc and he was about to do something just a couple days after his death regarding Lucy.

Regarding Lucy, I don’t know. OD’ed I think. Doesn’t really matter. The narrative doesn’t really change much. And the show is about the cops.

Having said that, in season, I thought all the time about who would be great actors for the next season. They got MM during his three year in zone stint and Ali who may be a top 5-10 living actor.

I’d love to see Michelle Williams. She is the best living actress to me. Unbelievable in everything she’s in. So far as males, I’m not sure, Mickey Rourke would be interesting given his natural chops and depth but he’s so damn old and ****ed up looking now.

Anyone else here absolutely in love with the FX series What We Do In The Shadows?

It's a terribly funny comedy about a group of vampire housemates shot in a documentary style. It's a spinoff from an equally funny New Zealand film of the same name created by Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi (Director of Thor Ragnarok).

Highly highly recommend.

Anyone else here absolutely in love with the FX series What We Do In The Shadows?

It's a terribly funny comedy about a group of vampire housemates shot in a documentary style. It's a spinoff from an equally funny New Zealand film of the same name created by Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi (Director of Thor Ragnarok).

Highly highly recommend.

I will add it to my list

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Im watching the new ted bundy film starring zac efron right now

Highly highly recommend.
I have watched about 1 and a half episodes so far and I'm really liking it.
Will have to watch the movie after I complete the series now too

Not really Netflix related but I just saw the new trailer for It Chapter 2. Looks like it will be great.
James Macavoy and Jessica Chastain along with Bill hader.

Im watching the new ted bundy film starring zac efron right now

Didn't really like this one very much. Thought it mostly sucked. I had recently watched a different Ted bundy movie that was so much better.

BTW Netflix has picked up the rights to "The Sandman" by Neil Gaiman. Incase they butcher it, would highly reccomend checkign out the comics first.

The show should actually be pretty good but I cant imagine they'll really look nearly as cool as the comics. We'll see.

For those completely unfamiliar, The Sandman isn't your standard superhero demographic, it's more adult oriented stuff.

Last edited:
Fightworld was a smooth watch. Pity Netflix won’t do a second season and prefers to do crap like royalty and ****.