What's new

New black and white color scheme

They need to pick a look from each "generation" of jazz teams. Add a new one with each new "core 4", but only if it involves a true max player. Have an alternate set. Then cycle among the colors. Pay tribute to teams past, add something new for the new guys and younger fans.

But stop this chucking **** against the wall ********. And stop riding coattails. Own this ****.

I like all the different Jerseys and hope we keep making some cool ones. So far this looks pretty lame, but I want to at least see the Jerseys. But that practice arena looks boring AF. Maybe with some colorful Jerseys or some really cool black and white ones (if that is possible) would make them pop even more with this. Or maybe they want the practice place to looks as boring and lame as possible.

If they could drop those and the yellow jerseys, then bring back these I’d be happy.

View attachment 11229
Also change our stupid current white ones to something like the above but white.

Basically, just do the classic purples and whites with the dark mode city edition peppered in. Hopefully this new one isn’t replacing those.
Agree on all counts

I assume this is there way of dissassociating the colors of the Jazz from the name. In a few years the name will be gone too.

I assume this is there way of dissassociating the colors of the Jazz from the name. In a few years the name will be gone too.

I find myself wondering that too. I think I’d want to stamp something differently if I spent a billion dollars on it. The Jazz name can bring a pretty penny and/or it can still remain as part of the whole retro bundle if you want to keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I love “jazz”. Would be a travesty if it got killed.

At this point, though, I wouldn’t exactly be shocked if Smith & Co. changed it. He seems bent on changing the image (and there are loads of people who still laugh at the association between “Utah” and “jazz”); and there are some shades of cultural appropriation here, too (not saying that I think this way... just saying that it’s possible to see the name in this light, and that might be an issue, dunno).

Last edited:
Count me in with the group that never wants to see a name change. Just for fun though, imagine the Jazz had to change their name for some reason. What are some names you could stomach?

Count me in with the group that never wants to see a name change. Just for fun though, imagine the Jazz had to change their name for some reason. What are some names you could stomach?
I'm not sure if I have any good suggestions, but here would be some of my criteria:

- No double ZZ's
- Something creative/original
- Don't force something regionally specific
- Should lend itself to a nice looking logo (I'm a huge fan of the note though, so probably won't be as good as that)