What's new

New fan from the UK

Snowboy

Hi guys.

For better, for worse, in playoffs or in lottery picks I have decided that my team is the Utah Jazz.

So you just never know who might be watching the Jazz across the world - in my case, in Northern Ireland, though I am English by birth.

Looking forward to seeing whether the good start can keep going and the Jazz can make the playoffs in a tough Western Conference.

All the best,
Ste (snowboy)

Nice! You made a terrible decision, one full of misery and disappointment. You'll love every second of it.

Decisions like that can be fun :)

We could all go support the Lakers I guess, but firstly I hate them and secondly I hate them and thirdly, where is the challenge? Utah appealed to me for many reasons, and after much deliberation i decided I just couldn't pass on you guys.

Board tends to be lame to new members (similar to the great state of Utah), but if you stick around for a while, you'll probably realize that most of these dudes are pretty cool and when it comes down to it, we all have at least one thing in common.

Welcome.

Welcome.

... but it's 'UK' not 'the UK' ..

Sorry to disagree with someone on my first day. However....I don't get that.

Are you from United States of America or The United States of America?

Or have I completely missed the point? :confused:

Board tends to be lame to new members (similar to the great state of Utah), but if you stick around for a while, you'll probably realize that most of these dudes are pretty cool and when it comes down to it, we all have at least one thing in common.

Welcome.

Thanks dude, appreciate it.

Haha, yep .. just bad humor. Everyone here knows I am Kentucky fan ...

<---------------------

just a joke about 'UK' (Kentucky) vs. 'the UK' (British, afternoon tea, crumpets and such).

Haha, yep .. just bad humor. Everyone here knows I am Kentucky fan ...

<---------------------

just a joke about 'UK' (Kentucky) vs. 'the UK' (British, afternoon tea, crumpets and such).

Aha, makes sense now.

Never been to Kentucky, though I hear the chicken is a bit tasty :)

Haha.:) Don't get confused with his humor my friend. He's like my father. And always ignores me...

Welcome by the way. I'm pretty sure, you'll enjoy the Jazz...

Another confusing side note for you Snowboy. Kentucky fried chicken started in Utah of all places. And don't be thrown by that Kentucky Wildcat fan he is on his own with that one. He originated some thread about draft possibilities from the UK and i was really confused for a minute because i thought he meant the United Kingdom. Welcome to this forum though!!

As a side note, who do you follow in the EPL?

"soccer" has bored me stupid for a while now, I used to be a fan but I've grown tired of it.

My team actually plays in the division below the Premier League (and will do well not to get relegated this year) but if I had to pick a Premier League team it would have to be Arsenal. Fond memories of Bergkamp, Henry etc.

Another confusing side note for you Snowboy. Kentucky fried chicken started in Utah of all places. And don't be thrown by that Kentucky Wildcat fan he is on his own with that one. He originated some thread about draft possibilities from the UK and i was really confused for a minute because i thought he meant the United Kingdom. Welcome to this forum though!!

Utah fried chicken sounds a little weird ;)

Thanks for the welcome.

Incidentally, somebody please confirm that Gordon Hayward is just a very very tall 14 year old? He doesn't look old enough to be out of school!

I get that distinction. I have years of Manchester United hatred rooted deep in my veins.

I think Im going to like you

FWIW Snowboy, I started off by watching soccer before I moved onto Basketball, as well, for a few reasons. The same batch of teams seem to always succeed, and if you're one of the "other 15 teams" in the EPL, for example, you won't ever really have a crack at winning, unless a rich owner jumps in and purchases the club.

Id also have to get up at 8am every saturday morning to catch club soccer weekly, so that was another big reason for me deciding to halt following the sport. I still love my international competitions, though.

I think Im going to like you

FWIW Snowboy, I started off by watching soccer before I moved onto Basketball, as well, for a few reasons. The same batch of teams seem to always succeed, and if you're one of the "other 15 teams" in the EPL, for example, you won't ever really have a crack at winning, unless a rich owner jumps in and purchases the club.

Id also have to get up at 8am every saturday morning to catch club soccer weekly, so that was another big reason for me deciding to halt following the sport. I still love my international competitions, though.

The lack of competitiveness is the major factor for me too. One thing I like about American sports is the relative parity.

Like you, I am gravitating towards international football too, none of that rubbish to contend with.

We should get on like a house on fire :D