What's new

New member here, and what concerns me

montanajazz

I have been reading the board here for years so its about time i join. I really enjoy reading what you all have to say.

Well, my concerns are that we have a lot of potential, a good problem, but what happens to the development of favors and kanter if we still have jefferson and millsap two years from now? The only position i am not completely satisfied with is pg, so in my mind we need to find a player similar to rondo to fill that need.

In case you are all wondering why rondo, its because he gets all the team involved, doesnt need to score for the team to win, and he is a great defender.

He doesn't score because he can't score. He's the Ronnie Brewer of PGs.

False. Rondo can score. He can't hit 3's, for sure, but he can get into the lane with ease and finish. However, if you can get into the lane and have Garnett to dump it off to or Ray .. or Paul to kick it out to .. well, you have options. I'm telling you, Rondo can absolutely score if it was a need.

I think this will be addressed once we know what we've got. Favors has potential, but we're still unsure of the type of player he will become. Kanter is a total unknown.

We'll address 2 years from now 2 years from now. As for the PG situation, I'm going to give Harris another season. Personally, I think Hayward will be the lynch pin on this team, not the PG.

Another member from Montana? Small world....siiiiiick btw. Much welcome to you sir, and keep on reppin Big Sky Country

I think we need a shooter at PG (not a Jimmer btw, I would like some defense) and someone who can run a half court offense. We have a good front court and we need another shooter to space the floor along with Hayward. Harris is fine for this season, but I think he will eventually be unloaded at some point.

I agree with a shooter. If we're sold on Burks and Hayward on the wings and they end up working out the way we want then we just need a PG that get get the offense running and then just needs to be relied on to bomb threes. I really think that was Jimmer, though, not that we had any say in that. I just got done watching a Marquis Teague video and he looked pretty dynamite. Not sure how well he shoots from the outside. We still lack shooting and I say absolutely no to any PG who can't hit from deep (and do it well).

The interesting thing about our future team is that all of our contacts other than Hay, Fav, Kanter, Burks, and next years picks. come off the books at the end of the 12/13 season. So we really well be in a place to chose who to keep and who to let go. It gives the rookies a few years to develop and get to the point were they can take over the team. We would still have 2 years of Hay and Favors on rookie contracts (after all the team options) at that point. I really like the way we are sitting right now. PG is a need for the future but Harris well be fine for next year and maybe through his contract as we get another young guy to come in and take his place

I agree with a shooter. If we're sold on Burks and Hayward on the wings and they end up working out the way we want then we just need a PG that get get the offense running and then just needs to be relied on to bomb threes. I really think that was Jimmer, though, not that we had any say in that. I just got done watching a Marquis Teague video and he looked pretty dynamite. Not sure how well he shoots from the outside. We still lack shooting and I say absolutely no to any PG who can't hit from deep (and do it well).

I'd rather have the Canadian point guard who is going to Texas. From what I read, he is the better defender and half court offensive player.

rondo is a product of leeching off 3 HoF-ers. not saying he isnt good, just thinking he wouldnt produce the same results if it were cj and ak he was dumping the ball to with 5 on the clock in place of pierce and allen.

Welcome aboard!
Millsap will learn to spend more time at SF, which I think he can, or riding the bench, or get traded, as Favors and Kanter develop and Jefferson adapts his game to the Jazz way, which he is doing. PLENTY of room for Kanter, Jefferson, and Favors to split the 96 minutes at PF & C. 32 minutes each works for me, and Millsap can play more PF when the matchups warrant it!
I am reading more & more 'bout pairing Burks, whose passing skills persuaded us in drafting him, with Hayward, who is also a good passer, in the backcourt. Remember da Bulls back in the MJ era? A good passing team that really didn't use a true PG...

False. Rondo can score. He can't hit 3's, for sure, but he can get into the lane with ease and finish. However, if you can get into the lane and have Garnett to dump it off to or Ray .. or Paul to kick it out to .. well, you have options. I'm telling you, Rondo can absolutely score if it was a need.
What's funny is that a few years ago during the all-star break, Rondo and Durant were competing in a game of HORSE. Rondo was matching Durant shot for shot...mostly 3 pointers. Maybe it's a mental thing for Rondo...during real games, he just needs to imagine himself playing a game of HORSE (but with someone guarding him).

Teague has BLAZING speed, fantastic handles, a wicked cross-over, but not a great (or above average) shooter. Kabongo >>> Teague .. and this coming up season wil solidify that, I'm afraid.

As far as Rondo/Durant playing HORSE ... Rondo can shoot the ball, problem is he needs about 5 seconds to get himself set and carefully launch .. unfortunately, opposing defenses usually don't give you that long, lol.

is it impossible right now to get knight? he is pretty much not happy. they have stuckey, will bynum, soo he may be expandable. We can offer harris, n next yrs pick

is it impossible right now to get knight? he is pretty much not happy. they have stuckey, will bynum, soo he may be expandable. We can offer harris, n next yrs pick

I don't think I do that trade .. and there rumors that Detroit wants to rid themselves of Stuckey ..

I would just LOVE to have Knight, I just think he'd be too expensive to justify.