What's new

New Nike Uniforms: How Bad Are They Going To Look?

dunno about you guys, but there seems to be a lot of unintentional choices about stuff

none of this is official until tomorrow, bro. So, be cool... it could all turn out to be the purple mountain jerseys. Based on the quotes from the pres, the whole organization seems to love those old purple mountain jerseys just like you.

Lol at anyone thinking this isn't already set in stone

Anyone else noticed that the shorts, after the first 2 strip of colours the tone changed significantly from the 3rd, 4th, 5th shades of colour?

Anyone else wonder why that is? Could they not have made the gradient change more gradual?

Maybe the 2nd strip could have been a bit darker and the 3rd strip slightly darker to make the gradient more gradual?

DR_8F5ZVAAAglES.jpg
They literally used the precise gradient change of colors in the shorts and onto the Jerseys.

So, will this all become official by around 12:00est? Where is nike headquartered?

I'm just discussing the uniform in the uniform thread.

So we came 21st overall according to the Yahoo! ranking.

I think that's about right. It was a bold choice but I'm still not sure how it'll look on the court. I get what they're trying to do and represent the state and all but it looks too 'rainbowy' to be for a basketball jersey. Also has that try hard feel and not effortless.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nike-city-uniforms-ranked-worst-best-183058593.html
Most of those are boring AF.

Sent from my SM-G930P using JazzFanz mobile app

I like most of the jerseys. I definitely prefer the ones like Utah who went bold and tried to do something unique, even if they came up short.

I like most of the jerseys. I definitely prefer the ones like Utah who went bold and tried to do something unique, even if they came up short.

True. I can't imagine being a fan of Detroit, or Celtics, or the Suns, or the Nets ... those jerseys are just soooooo plain and timid and boring to me. At least we got colour and style.

Here's some more commentary.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2017/12/27/16823246/nike-city-uniforms-jersey

The consensus seems to be that they like the bold choice of theme and colour of the Jazz jersey, but just not sure about the execution of it.
This is like the day after the super bowl when everyone is suddenly Don ****ing Draper when it comes to ads.

oh what's that? you're not an advertising executive? But I thought you were just telling me why the Geico ads were so poorly done.

If people were legit designers they would be designers, not internet commenters.

This is like the day after the super bowl when everyone is suddenly Don ****ing Draper when it comes to ads.

oh what's that? you're not an advertising executive? But I thought you were just telling me why the Geico ads were so poorly done.

If people were legit designers they would be designers, not internet commenters.

I love and miss Mad Men. Will watch the whole thing again 1 day when I've got lots of free time. Thanks for the reference.