What's new

New Nike Uniforms: How Bad Are They Going To Look?

It would be cool if they reimagined the mountain thing but went with almost photographic realism rather than a graphic. White and whatever that icy, muted blue/purple that you see in the mountains from the valley during the winter.
That would be awesome

Not sure this quote from the espn article bodes well for future purple mountain jerseys though...

Nike came back with motifs based on Utah's spectacular nature. The Jazz perked up, with one reservation, Barnes recalls: "Stay away from the mountains. We've been there."

I started this thread because I thought Nike was going to **** with us and put its ********* design interns on the project and the Jazz yokels would just roll over for them.

And then the piss-yellow jerseys came out that looked like a re-tread of the MLB’s flash-forward stupid idea and my fears felt confirmed.

And then Stark’s verified that there would be no mountains throwback and I thought, “yup. They don’t get it. What else is new.”

But then I saw this court and video and uniform all together and hot damn fellow Jazzfanz. This is a ****in winner. So much so that I want to rename my thread title to “how badass are they going to look?”

They are perfect.

I like them. I think it's awesome that the lines on either side of the jersey trace the hwy routes from SLC to Moab and St George, respectively.

Anyone else noticed that the shorts, after the first 2 strip of colours the tone changed significantly from the 3rd, 4th, 5th shades of colour?

Anyone else wonder why that is? Could they not have made the gradient change more gradual?

Maybe the 2nd strip could have been a bit darker and the 3rd strip slightly darker to make the gradient more gradual?

DR_8F5ZVAAAglES.jpg

I personally like the jerseys when we play on the matching court. Great tribute to a great state.

Anyone else noticed that the shorts, after the first 2 strip of colours the tone changed significantly from the 3rd, 4th, 5th shades of colour?

Anyone else wonder why that is? Could they not have made the gradient change more gradual?

Maybe the 2nd strip could have been a bit darker and the 3rd strip slightly darker to make the gradient more gradual?

DR_8F5ZVAAAglES.jpg
god damn. SHUT UP

I personally think those uniforms are terrible looking. Striped all the way up instead of a gradual color fade? I like the inclusion of the route lines on the sides for Utah, that was a nice touch. Just not a fan of the stripes or the color scheme.

DR_8F5ZVAAAglES.jpg

The gradient is pretty consistent if you tuck in the shirt.

The gradient is pretty consistent if you tuck in the shirt.

I'm not talking about the jersey - the gradient on that is fine. I'm talking about the shorts.. have a look from the belt down, the first 2 bands are fine, but see how the 3rd band there is a significant change in the gradient (i.e., a lot darker)? Not sure if that was intentional but it does seem strange how it got significantly darker from the 3rd band onwards.

I personally dig this uniform. It's original and unlike any other uniform in the league. Kudos for thinking outside of the box.