What's new

New Orleans Pelicans?

Its kind of Harley Davidsonish.

Still dont like the name.

I think the name is ok AS LONG AS you back it up with a "fierce" enough logo. But the logo is too safe. It's a nothing logo. The colour is dull, the shape is dull, it's not even distinguishable.

NOLAPAlt12413.jpg

Logo looks like some kind of a ship captain's hat. Seriously, somebody with photoshop skills put a head under it and you will see what I mean.

Was not fond of them name but I have to be honest. I kind of like the logo and I like the addition of red to the logo.

I agree with Hottnikkkkkkk that it could do with being done a little sharper. Define the edges a bit more. It looks slighlty fuzzy.

Was not fond of them name but I have to be honest. I kind of like the logo and I like the addition of red to the logo.

I agree with Hottnikkkkkkk that it could do with being done a little sharper. Define the edges a bit more. It looks slighlty fuzzy.

Yeah Benson obviously wanted to focus more on "New Orleans" than "Pelicans" if you compare the two logos. It's not a good idea imo.. kinda like our old mountain logo.. using the logo to promote your city just misses the point of being an NBA logo imo...

I guess their jersey will look like Wizards old golden jersey. I liked the colours and logo, i must say. Beside the Pelicans part, its all good.

Can't disagree with McHale;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7l4lrzW3fM

We need a coach with sense of humour. Houston may not be coaching well but at least their coach got a sense of humour and can put on a smile on faces. Another reason to fire Corbin. Fire Corbin!!

Can't disagree with McHale;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7l4lrzW3fM

We need a coach with sense of humour. Houston may not be coaching well but at least their coach got a sense of humour and can put on a smile on faces. Another reason to fire Corbin. Fire Corbin!!

Wow. This puts a smile on your faces??? An ignorant fool making fun of something that is a symbol of a state which has meaning to a lot if people??

You cannot just dismiss it or disregard it. You're in a position of respect - act like it is.

We did that ourselves in 4 pages and on another threads as well. Why is it so wrong now?

LOL.. but we're no where near the position he is in. He is a role model. You won't see Obama or any head of State making those ignorant statements.

I would be ashamed if my headcoach makes those statement and lose all respect for him.

^^ Its show bussiness not politics and im sure NOLA organization was aware of the positive and negative outcomes of the new name. I dont think they bother all this mockings and jockings, cause its a great marketing idea cause everyone talking about them including us. They draw attention and sympathy in some way and since popularity is a huge asset in that bussiness they did a great job if you ask me. Any publicity is good publicity but looks like its a win-win for everyone beside NOLA fans.

We were talking about the team will walk out on NO state 2 years ago but look at now. Even we talked about them 4 pages and think about how it did (so far) and will affect social media when it actually happens. The money is on hashtags not on TV anymore and again, i think its a great idea.