What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

We need another switchy modern 4 to guard the Lebron/Giannis/Durant types (not to mention Kawhi). Jeff Green was a good find for the price, but I think this is the hole on the roster.

Someone dig through matchup data and who might be available and tell me who we’re getting next.

I think we roll with what we have. I could see us signing a guy like Darius Miller but for the most part we are done.

At the trade deadline we can consider moving another part (maybe Exum?) and one of our minimum guys for something to address the need. I also want to see if Brantley gives us something there. We have enough depth we aren’t relying on him but if he gives us something it’s a bonus.

How about Stanley Johnson? Not really a fan of his, predicted him as a bust at the draft, but he is a decent defensive option to put on Kawhi or Lebron. Just turned 23. I don't love it, but at least he would have a defined role and upside potential.
I’d be down, but I have a tough time seeing him come here at the minimum.

Let them talk. Jazz can fly under the radar while media gives knob jobs to Lebron and Kawhi.

I don't get posters thing with the sports media.

They're giddy when they talk about us, and angry when they don't.

I prefer being a small market team, built by the draft and player development that no one talks about.

We need another switchy modern 4 to guard the Lebron/Giannis/Durant types (not to mention Kawhi). Jeff Green was a good find for the price, but I think this is the hole on the roster.

Someone dig through matchup data and who might be available and tell me who we’re getting next.
Stanton Kidd

I think we roll with what we have. I could see us signing a guy like Darius Miller but for the most part we are done.

At the trade deadline we can consider moving another part (maybe Exum?) and one of our minimum guys for something to address the need. I also want to see if Brantley gives us something there. We have enough depth we aren’t relying on him but if he gives us something it’s a bonus.
Stanton Kidd

How about Stanley Johnson? Not really a fan of his, predicted him as a bust at the draft, but he is a decent defensive option to put on Kawhi or Lebron. Just turned 23. I don't love it, but at least he would have a defined role and upside potential.

I'm a big fan of Stanley Johnson. I just think he needs direction we could provide him. However, I also like the idea of Brantley. I don't know if we need both of them, but then again, the same could be said about Mudiay and JWF.

Stanton Kidd

Maybe... he looked bad the first game. He does 1 or 2 cool things per summer league game that leave me intrigued. Didn’t watch last nights game.

I think we should leave one roster spot open for a super value guy or intriguing guy that gets waived when roster spots are shaved down.

I think one of the second rounders gets a two way and 2 make the roster. Would leave us with 1 or 2 spots to fill.

Kidd played well last night but think about that he only averaged 6 points a game this past season for his Turkish team. So he was coming off the bench and not exactly lighting up the opponent.

Kidd played well last night but think about that he only averaged 6 points a game this past season for his Turkish team. So he was coming off the bench and not exactly lighting up the opponent.

Guys like him you just want to see if they can come in and play a role similar to what they do in the other leagues. Some guys are bench guys that don’t score a lot in college the pros or the nba. Like it’s easier for him to be useful than a guy like Jimmer who puts up numbers in those leagues. It would be nice if he was a little more productive though.

I think we have enough projects... Mudiay, Exum, some second rounders, Bradley, that the last couple spots need to be reliable depth pieces... like Neto was... guys that are somewhat proven and can deliver when guys ahead of them are injured or ineffective. I’d prefer a vet or two... willie reed or another proven center that gets a minimum would be great. One more wing would be good...

I think we are good on projects.

I think we have enough projects... Mudiay, Exum, some second rounders, Bradley, that the last couple spots need to be reliable depth pieces... like Neto was... guys that are somewhat proven and can deliver when guys ahead of them are injured or ineffective. I’d prefer a vet or two... willie reed or another proven center that gets a minimum would be great. One more wing would be good...

I think we are good on projects.
I think we can still use Thabo if he wants to come back for the vet min. But I kind of feel like we don't really have reliable backup PG. I think of Exum as more of a wing than a PG and I don't want us to rely on Mudiay. It's very possible we will have to rely on staggering Conley and Mitchell's minutes if we don't add some stable vet ballhandler.

I'm a big fan of Stanley Johnson. I just think he needs direction we could provide him. However, I also like the idea of Brantley. I don't know if we need both of them, but then again, the same could be said about Mudiay and JWF.

If I recall the Jazz were rumored to be interested in Stanley Johnson at his draft. But since the draft his development path has been rough. Playing for the Pistons and Pelicans could hurt even the best of players, and he is barely 23 years old so I don't want to write him completely off. Still a career .293 on 3pts makes him almost unplayable in today's league.

It would be intriguing to bring in Stanley or Justin Patton on a cheap deal to see if Jazz training staff can inject new life into their careers.

I think we can still use Thabo if he wants to come back for the vet min. But I kind of feel like we don't really have reliable backup PG. I think of Exum as more of a wing than a PG and I don't want us to rely on Mudiay. It's very possible we will have to rely on staggering Conley and Mitchell's minutes if we don't add some stable vet ballhandler.

I’d like a TJ McConnel or Neto type for insurance... would be great if Raul cleared waivers.

Um... Ingles? He’s definitely quarterbacking the second unit.

I’d like a TJ McConnel or Neto type for insurance... would be great if Raul cleared waivers.
I think I heard Locke say the Jazz might want to just move on from Neto because they don't think they can rely on him because of his health(kind of ironic considering how much they keep bumping Exum). I want Lin as a stable vet presence, but if I'm getting him, it would be with the clear idea that this is just regular season thing - just to get us past the regular season because I'm not sure he's playable in the playoffs.

Um... Ingles? He’s definitely quarterbacking the second unit.
That's true but not really enough. Our second units were not great offensively last year. Not saying it's because of INgles(he's probably the reason they were passable), but saying he's just not enough.

Here's a complete and total sleeper I kind of like if we're talking minimum contracts: Devin Robinson from Washington. He's not much of a shooter, but he'd provide energy and can really slash to the rim on a spread floor.