What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Then it’s a rounding thing? I don’t know. Should be the same amount as there is NO WAY they signed Dudley for a cent more than the VM.
either way JG took a significant paycut to come here. I guess his ex-Grizz teammate Conley has helped.

Wonder which shooters they're looking at

at vet min, probably someone like quinn cook, ian clark or jerryd Bayless. even though the later two haven't been shooting the ball well at all lately. or we can take a gamble on some one like Furkan Korkmaz, who has had the reputation of purest stroke, to find his shot.

So Caruso has a 1.6M cap hold and Lakers are 700k short of signing a max FA. I wonder if Kawhi makes them cut the cap hold to get the max or if he takes the paycut… I think that is where he is going and hoping I'm surprised when he stays or goes to the clips.

Also, I wonder if you called and threatened to drop an offer of 2.5M if they'd just sign and trade him for some seconds (like the ones we got for Favs). If Kawhi holds out until July 6th it could make things awkward to keep him.

What shooters are left on the market?
Kentavious Caldwell Pope - My first choice; Good shooter; Good Defense
Dante Cunningham - My second choice. Shot 46% from 3 last season. Might be too big if Jazz are looking for a guard
Jamal Crawford - Still balls; Could teach DM45 some tricks
Nik Stauskas - Can shoot but no defense
Iman Shumpert - Good defense; Decent Shooter
Thabo - Bring him back?
Jodie Meeks - Pro shooter, but not much defense
Corey Brewer - Defensive pro; has spent his off-season working on his 3, but difference would have to be drastic

with these two signings, our roster depth has gone from one of the league's worst to above average. now let's see if we can bring in just one more...

Kentavious Caldwell Pope - he's hoping Kawhi doesn't go to the Lakers so he can get overpaid again
Jamal Crawford - eh, I worry about fit
Nik Stauskas - no thanks
Iman Shumpert - no thanks
Thabo - Green just took his spot
Jodie Meeks - maybe
Dante Cunningham - maybe
Corey Brewer - Green just took his spot

If we are getting Mudiay as a project, let's just get Furkan Korkmaz as a project. He's a shooter who just needs better coaching.

On a not really talked about side note. Clips, Lakers and Raptors night all be waiting on Leonard but the rest of the league is not. Role played, depth/bench guys and what not are being snapped up fast by the rest of the league.

Even with Leonard the Lakers will be paper thin.

Reactions: SCS