News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Catchall, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Jack Strop

Jack Strop Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2017
    May have even talked to him before signing Davis. But at that time, Cousins wouldn't have wanted $5M. He's so frustrated, he replaced his agent who likely told him he could get the MLE somewhere. I feel bad for Boogie (and Thomas). Both were in position to sign HUGE deals before their injuries. Now they're just scratching for leftovers.

2. tonstermits

tonstermits Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    I don’t like your comment about my boy.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

3. hgb

hgb Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    Injuries suck, and for guys like Isaiah and Cousins who aren't among the greats in terms of effiency and teams-wanting-to-win, they have a dramatic drop-off.
    I ruptured my own achilles tendon in February last year, and I've had some first-hand experience how it is to recover. Obviously, those guys work a lot harder than me, but 8 weeks in a cast and boot with crutches and **** really cause all sorts of problems for that poor calf. I wouldn't like to be someone who wanted to return to the NBA on this calf.

4. SCS

SCS Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Do the Hornets have any kind of money to offer Boogie? If they do they should throw it at him on a 1 or 2 year deal and make the pitch that not only can he be a starter but he can be the focal point of the team and have the opportunity to show other teams he can still ball. What would be the downside for the Hornets? Their team sucks, they don't have a young player/core to focus a rebuild around, no real chemistry that Boogie could screw up. If Boogie ends up sucking... oh well... you were going to suck anyway. If he balls out you'll still suck and maybe at the deadline a contender will be willing to give you a pick or young player for him. Nothin to lose if they did it

5. UtahJazz32

UtahJazz32 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    But what if he sucks and still is on our roster at the end of year ? He's got potential and will improve ?

6. SCS

SCS Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Then he's on our roster at the end of the year and who cares because we'll be an extremely good team regardless. It's not like we succeed or fail based on him.

7. hgb

hgb Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010

I wonder, in the face of reports like this, are the Dante doubters (to put it mildly) just pessimistic about him and our FO's abilities in general, or is it just about injuries? Anyone can understand the injury question, but beyond that...

SCS and NAOS like this.
  8. Catchall

Catchall Well-Known Member 2019 Prediction Contest Winner

May 27, 2010
    Dante has a few tantalizing qualities. For one, when he locks down on defense, he can be like the Scottie Pippen of point guard defenders. Last year, De'Aron Fox blew by Ricky Rubio like Ricky wasn't even there, but Exum contained Fox and had him backpedaling.

Then on the offensive side, no defender can stay in front of him, and Dante can get to the rim in 2 or 3 steps. He just needs to finish at a halfway-decent rate. If the floor is properly spaced and Exum gets the ball on the wing, it's certain he's going to get by his defender and get all the way to the paint where he can finish or put up a lob. Even if a defender matches Exum stride for stride, Exum's length lets him push and reach by defenders.

It was really coming together for him a couple years ago when Jared Dudley fell on his shoulder, and he was turning a corner last year, when he turned his ankle.

SCS likes this.
  9. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    *TJ Warren fell on Exum

10. Jazz4ever

Jazz4ever Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    It all depends on the other coaches game plan for him. We did see Dante blow by some defenders last year, but most coaches are going to give him plenty of space. They will take the 3 pointer at 30% accuracy over Dante penetrating the lane and causing trouble.

11. Dali

Dali Well-Known Member

May 1, 2017
    It's going to hurt a bit not seeing Neto in a Jazz uniform. Good luck to him though.

12. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I hope you eat your b.s. We'll send a delegation to Toronto and force feed Archie's dogs poop down your throat. Damn, sure most of us agree that Dante was a mistake but let's not give up hope or disrespect him like you do. He is a human being, after all.

just because likes this.
  13. UtahJazz32

Feb 10, 2011
    Now you are just getting out of bounds and you should shut your stupid mouth

It might be hard for you but just breath this is sports and there is more to life than this maybe this is your life but if it is you need to get a real life. We all have an opinion and that's what makes this forum so great.

14. SCS

SCS Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2016
    I still remember when he completely clamped James Harden in the 2018 playoffs. I don't know how anyone can watch that and not see that there is an NBA player there. May or may not be a star, but a player. Clamping an MVP in the playoffs doesn't happen by accident

15. Eenie-Meenie

Eenie-Meenie Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    No, you're the one who is inappropriate and I'm calling you on it. You have no respect for people. You need to grow up and stop being a 32-year-old juvenile. You act like some smart-alec high school kid.

16. Catchall

Catchall Well-Known Member 2019 Prediction Contest Winner

May 27, 2010
    If Exum can keep strengthening his body, he can re-invent himself as a 3/D wing.

Jazzovic and SCS like this.
  17. DasJazz

DasJazz Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Watch really quickly how much I won't care.

UtahJazz32 likes this.
  18. UtahJazz32

Feb 10, 2011
    I will say this since I've become the face of the Dante sucks fan club. I was excited when we drafted him, patient when he was growing , understood when he got hurt. Was sympathetic when he had his downs. At the end of the day as Jazz fans we want what is best for the team. There comes a time and place when you need to move on and look for upgrades. I feel that Dante has been overrated and given extra grace for his injuries. He still doesn't have a solid offensive game, he has defense but that's about it. Are there more skilled players that we can get for his roster spot I think so. There are many times where a franchise sees that it won't workout our fo doesn't think it's now but we have given up on the likes of Dsteve, CJ, etc. So though it's safe to say Dante is good for now don't think that the pressure is on him to produce and he has to show worth. If not I hope our fo has the guts to get rid of him

DasJazz likes this.
  19. jazfan23

jazfan23 Active Member

Mar 25, 2016
    agree , before his second injury of last season , Snyder moved him to the 3 a few times ..

I think it’s his position , exums first step is just to quick for other 3s to guard.... the problem then becomes finishing or driving and dishing to a better option...

If he continues to go so hard at the rim out of control , injuries will continue to happen

20. UtahJazz32

Feb 10, 2011
    This is clearly going no where so I will say this stop basing your life on this forum. There is more to life than basketball and dont for a minute think I won't put your *** inline if I feel disrespected. Think of the other posters this board isn't about you and I