What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

I don't think I have ever seen adults throw as much of a fit over Exum and his contract.

Yes, we could have used his money else where. But none of those players are the difference between a championship or not and aren't really making a big difference. Exum could bust and not do anything next year but his salary is low enough who cares. He also has the potential to be a difference maker in the playoffs like he has shown before.

I don't think I have ever seen adults throw as much of a fit over Exum and his contract.

Yes, we could have used his money else where. But none of those players are the difference between a championship or not and aren't really making a big difference. Exum could bust and not do anything next year but his salary is low enough who cares. He also has the potential to be a difference maker in the playoffs like he has shown before.
I wouldn’t be so frustrated had he not likely cost us Crowder and Korver.

I wouldn’t be so frustrated had he not already cost us Crowder and Korver.
Also players that don't make a big difference. Korver is done as we saw in the playoffs. Even if not we can grab him for a min if we actually want him back. Crowder is a spot up shooter that can't shoot and isn't that good on defense. He does hustle though. He was easily replaced with Green for a min contract.

Edit: also it's an either or situation not both. Had we traded Exum we would have kept them and not had room for other players you are mentioning. So he didn't cost us both.

Exum and a future protected 1st for Winslow

Miami saves money (over $3 million) and gets a pick for their upcoming trade offer for Westbrook

OKC wants to get out of the luxury, get off off his contract and accumulate picks for Westbrook: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27149359/westbrook-eyes-okc-exit-likes-miami

Dragic, Waiters, Bam, Miami picks and the future Utah protected pick for Westbrook.

Miami stays under the apron due to the Winslow trade for Exum. OKC gets under the luxury in the Westbrook deal. Win win for everybody.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Exum and a future protected 1st for Winslow

Miami saves money (over $3 million) and gets a pick for their upcoming trade offer for Westbrook

OKC wants to get out of the luxury, get off off his contract and accumulate picks for Westbrook: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27149359/westbrook-eyes-okc-exit-likes-miami

Dragic, Waiters, Bam, Miami picks and the future Utah protected pick for Westbrook.

Miami stays under the apron due to the Winslow trade for Exum. OKC gets under the luxury in the Westbrook deal. Win win for everybody.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
I could live with that tbh.

Not true. Acuqiring JaMychal Green with Dante's money would easily put us in the title race. The guy plays excellent defense, rebounds well, has great length/athleticism, and shoots almost 40% from deep on good volume. He is the last missing piece on this current roster and getting him would've weakened the Clippers as well.

Not true. Acuqiring JaMychal Green with Dante's money would easily put us in the title race. The guy plays excellent defense, rebounds well, has great length/athleticism, and shoots almost 40% from deep on good volume. He is the last missing piece on this current roster and getting him would've weakened the Clippers as well.

Lololol. The great Jamychal green is the last missing link to eveyone’s Title aspirations

And he was always going back there to the clips

Move on ppl

Lololol. The great Jamychal green is the last missing link to eveyone’s Title aspirations

And he was always going back there to the clips

Move on ppl
1.We have his 4-year Grizz teammate Conley on the team. And Green has only spent less than half season with the clips.
2. We could've doubled Clipler's offer have we not been stuck with Dante’s contract.
3. We have Jeff Green as our starting 4 heading into the season so there is a clear need.
4. Last season only 7 players in the entire league shoots over 35% from deep on over 1 made per game, while having a rebounding rate of over 15%. And Green is one of them.
5. Let's not forget what a great defender Green is. The only reason that the Jazz FO can't go after him this sumner is due to us not having enough cap space.

1.We have his 4-year Grizz teammate Conley on the team. And Green has only spent less than half season with the clips.
2. We could've doubled Clipler's offer have we not been stuck with Dante’s contract.
3. We have Jeff Green as our starting 4 heading into the season so there is a clear need.
4. Last season only 7 players in the entire league shoots over 35% from deep on over 1 made per game, while having a rebounding rate of over 15%. And Green is one of them.
5. Let's not forget what a great defender Green is. The only reason that the Jazz FO can't go after him this sumner is due to us not having enough cap space.

It was reported he was intent on going back there for quite a while, he’s probably just been waiting till the dust settled. Dante’s money likely would have been distributed elsewhere. You’re just reaching. Move on

You are assuming he would have come here. It seems like he wanted to stay so it would not have mattered if we had money.

And, no he isn't putting us over the top. We are already title contenders and he wouldn't get that many minutes there anyways or close games. I would prefer Ingles and Bogdanovic to close the game out. Green fills most of what he would have given us there.

I like JaMychal but I think we all are over rating him. There is a reason you don't here his name in FA that much and he didn't get paid much and doesn't get many minutes. He's a decent role player.