What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Thats odd. I thought Golden St would understand late 1st and 2nd round picks are basically worthless to contenders like the Jazz and Warriors.

*Salty Sarcasm alert

Baynes is a solid backup center... those cost less than 5M... DL do you hear me a backup center is really cheap... maybe we send Favs, they send Baynes and the 22. We both end up having a little space to shop and fill needs. They need a starter we need a backup.
This

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I wonder if DL has a deal in place if their guy falls.

This would make sense. To be honest, I thought this was the case weeks ago, which is why the Jazz were bringing in players to work out who were slated for the 30s and 40s. Guys like Adrian Schofield, Terence Davis, Iggy Brazdeikis, Louis King, etc. were never prospects for #23, and they weren't going to be on the board at #53 either.

This would make sense. To be honest, I thought this was the case weeks ago, which is why the Jazz were bringing in players to work out who were slated for the 30s and 40s. Guys like Adrian Schofield, Terence Davis, Iggy Brazdeikis, Louis King, etc. were never prospects for #23, and they weren't going to be on the board at #53 either.
How can you do my man like that!

The Ringer, listing his pluses:
Let’s be honest here: Admiral Schofield is an all-time great name.

Not sure how desperate OKC is to offload Roberson... but if they said #21 and Roberson for capspace are we in? 10M a year, coming off an injury, lockdown defender, big guy so he can guard Lebron types... ****** shooter, but good rebounder... play him at the four and have him take the toughest perimeter guy... switch 1-4... Idk.

Not sure how desperate OKC is to offload Roberson... but if they said #21 and Roberson for capspace are we in? 10M a year, coming off an injury, lockdown defender, big guy so he can guard Lebron types... ****** shooter, but good rebounder... play him at the four and have him take the toughest perimeter guy... switch 1-4... Idk.

Does NOT fill gaps on our team weaknesses we are trying to address.

Does NOT fill gaps on our team weaknesses we are trying to address.

He's a world class defender on the perimeter... we don't have that... but I just looked up his shooting numbers and didn't realize just how bad he was. I will pass on the deal I suggested and sink into the bushes.

I would love to turn Favors' money into 3 contributors.

Favors $17.7

OR

Ilyasova ($7 million) and a way in the future protected 1st for a future protected 2nd

Baynes ($5.45) and #20 for a future protected 2nd

Nkliltina ($4.86) for a 2nd or two

Bucks are trying to shed contracts. Boston is trying to shed Baynes. NY would trade Nkilitina for a 2nd or two.

We wouldn't do this, but it would be smart. We need the depth and I think Nkilitina has a ton of potential still.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Favors $17.7

OR

Ilyasova ($7 million) and a way in the future protected 1st for a future protected 2nd

Bucks are trying to shed contracts. Boston is trying to shed Baynes. NY would trade Nkilitina for a 2nd or two.

We wouldn't do this, but it would be smart. We need the depth and I think Nkilitina has a ton of potential still.

If we were out of the Exum business I could be on board with a Frank experiment. I think it is likely he just sucks, but he has some of the things people like about Exum but is currently a breathing human who is not ded.

If we were out of the Exum business I could be on board with a Frank experiment. I think it is likely he just sucks, but he has some of the things people like about Exum but is currently a breathing human who is not ded.
True. At this point, I'm grasping at straws for who we can get who has long term potential. I would be very happy with Ilyasova and a future pick and Baynes and a 1st this year.

True. At this point, I'm grasping at straws for who we can get who has long term potential. I would be very happy with Ilyasova and a future pick and Baynes and a 1st this year.

I think Milwaukee keeps Illyasova now that they have sent out Snell... they can't trade a first until 2050 right now.

Favs for Baynes and 22 seems like the best potential deal (that won't really happen).

Favors $17.7

OR

I have the same irrational hope for what he could become for Ntilikina as I do for Exum. Probably not wise to gamble on both of them at the same time, but I’d still like Frank on the team. Guess I have a weakness for disfunctional guys with potential. At the deadline I secretly hoped we would trade Exum for Markelle Fultz...

I have the same irrational hope for what he could become for Ntilikina as I do for Exum. Probably not wise to gamble on both of them at the same time, but I’d still like Frank on the team. Guess I have a weakness for disfunctional guys with potential. At the deadline I secretly hoped we would trade Exum for Markelle Fultz...
Donovan and Frank are close. Frank is French. I think he is worth a shot if he is really available for a 2nd rounder.

With the Lakers cap crunch and inability to do math one thing I absolutely want to do on July 6th... offer Caruso either a minimum deal or something around 2-3 M for a few years. They then have to release his rights to sign whoever it is they are after. I'm not sure how it works with two-way deals. But if they are restricted and sign an offer sheet they are now at that number rather than their cap hold (which I think is zero for two-ways).

If he'd take it I'd give him a fully guaranteed 4 year deal at the min or something like 4 years and 10M. He's an nba rotation player at the worst... at the best he could be a fuggin bargain. Big enough to play either guard spot... provides insurance for when Exum dies... if Exum is healthy he can get on the floor with any of our guards. No matter what we do with favs this needs to be priority #1... I'm only kind of kidding.

Per Hoopshype Boston is looking to take on bad salary with their cap space and get assets... sounds like they are going young rebuild more than vet acquisition mode... I'll bet Gordon is so happy.

What a fricking turn... can't script it any better. If true we can scratch them from the Favs list.