What's new

News, rumors and buzz around the draft and free agency

Id take Josh Jackson over TJ Warren as the extra wing that the Jazz need ,he probably comes cheaper than Warren . Be perfect behind Ingles and possible replacement.

I remember a few years ago Boston had all teh best picks and good young players on cheap deals.
I posted that there was literally no way they could **** things up.
I was wrong. There is nothing that Gordon Hayward can't **** up.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Do you think if Boston had a flux capacitor and could go back... Would they do the "Haywood" deal all over again?

The Wizards aren't trading Beal, even less would they gift him to the Celtics like that.
I guess. The Wiz seems poised for a rebuild. They haven't assigned leadership and will do so in July. I could see then doing something rash and the new guy will have a clean slate.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Id take Josh Jackson over TJ Warren as the extra wing that the Jazz need ,he probably comes cheaper than Warren . Be perfect behind Ingles and possible replacement.

You know he just got charged for unintentionally getting his baby high... He is trash on the court and off. I bet he gets his option declined.

Q: I know they don’t have a lot of money after the trade but what are some names you see the jazz pursuing to build some depth?
A: Shooters who can defend. Hate to throw names out with no evidence they are truly on the radar, but the Jazz need more shooting, and they want guys who defend. Guys that match that are people like Trevor Ariza and Danny Green

What are some names you can see the jazz trading up in the second round to get?
Windler from Belmont. Eric Paschall, if he's around. Carsen Edwards. Cam Johnson, if he's still on the board

Thoughts on Jalen Lecque?
Very young. A project who needs a lot of development. Very athletic, but can't shoot at this point. Good pick for a team who can develop him for a few years

Seems like Jazz have a weakness in their ability to guard big 3's i.e. LBJ, Kawhi etc..Will the jazz look to move up in the second round to get a guy like Schofield, or will they have their eyes set on bringing in an FA like a Trevor Ariza to address those concerns?
I think Ariza could be a possibility, depending how free agency goes. I don't think the Jazz will draft Schofield

Do the Jazz want to resign Thabo Sefolosha?
No. Thabo has likely played his last game for the Jazz

Who are some prospects that you feel could drop into the second round that the Jazz would make moves to take?
Eric Paschall, Dylan Windler, Carsen Edwards, Terrence Davis, Talen Horton-Tucker

Was Mike Conley number one on the Jazz board? Or does it not feel very confident they are going to get Tobias Harris or D’Angelo Russell
Conley was number one on Utah's board. They got the guy they wanted all along. They loved Kemba and Russell and Harris as well

Just so I can sleep at night and not have too much FOMO. If this trade had never happened, what would you have said the Jazz’s percentage odds were at landing D’Angelo Russel? Or Harris?
Very good for Harris. I would go far enough to say the Jazz were frontrunners for him. Less for Russell. I think the Pacers lead there. But the Jazz would have had a nice chance for him as well

Who are some shooting 4s/wings that you think will be available in the MLE range?
A lot depends on how the market goes, because the Jazz only have the 4.8 midlevel. But, possibly Ariza, Danny Green....Mayyyyyybeeeee Rudy Gay

What are the chances of Exum, Favors, or other Jazz players still being moved?
Depends on free agency and what becomes available to the Jazz....Favors isn't 100 percent certain to be on the roster....Exum is much closer to 100 percent

Will the Jazz consider waiving Favors to sign Nikola Mirotic?
No. Massive downgrade for them.

Do you see the Jazz trying to trade up for Eric pascal is the second round
Yes. I can see that happening

Loved the Conley Trade article you did Tony. You kind of blurred the line on this point in the article but I have to ask directly because it's such a good nugget, Did you hear anything about Grayson Allen's 40 point game at the end of the season moving the needle on MEM's end to help facilitate the trade?
I did, which is why I put it in the story. It absolutely moved the needle

What would be the likelihood of the Jazz signing Damare Carroll?
He's interesting. Can shoot and defend off the bench. Loved his time in Utah. Is a devout Quin Snyder supporter. Interesting option for sure

Few things make me happier than the schadenfreude of Boston:

1. Team has fully collapsed after being in the most enviable position during asset-accumulation.
2. Both Ainge and Stevens don't look like the geniuses they were portrayed as.
3. Hayward thought he was going to a perennial finals contender, will now likely never make it past the second round.
4. Other Boston players pointing to Hayward (and Stevens' preferential treatment) as the inciting incident of the locker room drama.
5. National media calling Jazz a contender, two years after Hayward bounced.
6. Punk Boston fans who gloated constantly after the Hayward acquisition are now dreaming up trade scenarios to get rid of his contract.

This is more delightful than D-Will never being the same after leaving the Jazz.
I mean, that's like the best post ever.

If Dallas can trade Hardaway for TJ Warren that would be a big score. They'd have a big 3 with Doncic,Porzingas, and Warren

More to come. I feel like people are gonna be pissed about Tobias lol
He would have been good here, but I feel Conley is more valuable to us with the experience and leadership he brings to a relatively inexperienced team. We’re going all in for the next year or two and I think Conley is the better option for that.

Q: I know they don’t have a lot of money after the trade but what are some names you see the jazz pursuing to build some depth?
A: Shooters who can defend. Hate to throw names out with no evidence they are truly on the radar, but the Jazz need more shooting, and they want guys who defend. Guys that match that are people like Trevor Ariza and Danny Green

Windler from Belmont. Eric Paschall, if he's around. Carsen Edwards. Cam Johnson, if he's still on the board

Very young. A project who needs a lot of development. Very athletic, but can't shoot at this point. Good pick for a team who can develop him for a few years

Seems like Jazz have a weakness in their ability to guard big 3's i.e. LBJ, Kawhi etc..Will the jazz look to move up in the second round to get a guy like Schofield, or will they have their eyes set on bringing in an FA like a Trevor Ariza to address those concerns?
I think Ariza could be a possibility, depending how free agency goes. I don't think the Jazz will draft Schofield

Who are some prospects that you feel could drop into the second round that the Jazz would make moves to take?
Eric Paschall, Dylan Windler, Carsen Edwards, Terrence Davis, Talen Horton-Tucker

Was Mike Conley number one on the Jazz board? Or does it not feel very confident they are going to get Tobias Harris or D’Angelo Russell
Conley was number one on Utah's board. They got the guy they wanted all along. They loved Kemba and Russell and Harris as well

Just so I can sleep at night and not have too much FOMO. If this trade had never happened, what would you have said the Jazz’s percentage odds were at landing D’Angelo Russel? Or Harris?
Very good for Harris. I would go far enough to say the Jazz were frontrunners for him. Less for Russell. I think the Pacers lead there. But the Jazz would have had a nice chance for him as well

Who are some shooting 4s/wings that you think will be available in the MLE range?
A lot depends on how the market goes, because the Jazz only have the 4.8 midlevel. But, possibly Ariza, Danny Green....Mayyyyyybeeeee Rudy Gay

Depends on free agency and what becomes available to the Jazz....Favors isn't 100 percent certain to be on the roster....Exum is much closer to 100 percent

Loved the Conley Trade article you did Tony. You kind of blurred the line on this point in the article but I have to ask directly because it's such a good nugget, Did you hear anything about Grayson Allen's 40 point game at the end of the season moving the needle on MEM's end to help facilitate the trade?

He's interesting. Can shoot and defend off the bench. Loved his time in Utah. Is a devout Quin Snyder supporter. Interesting option for sure
Harris?!!!!!!!
Say it ain't so

Thank you... some pretty interesting stuff. I don't believe we were front runners for Tobias, but TJ saying that has some serious merit... he isn't a guy who speculates like that without something to base it on.

I'm not sure the hate on Niko is TJ's or sourced... TJ hates him.

If we come out of the draft tonight with Eric Paschal I'd be so damn happy. Still think we should move on from Favs, but having a few stretch 4 options that are cheap would be awesome.

He is really underselling what the market will be for Ariza, Green and Gay... those guys will make twice the room exception. If we keep Favs I'm going to say it's almost guaranteed we get Carroll... if Vince Carter would consider us I'd gladly have him too... I think he may end up on the Heat.

Harris?!!!!!!!
Say it ain't so

That would be a tough pill to swallow... if he ends up in Indiana or something we can kind of guess we could have had him. I like Conley better now... I like harris and the picks going forward though.

Thank you... some pretty interesting stuff. I don't believe we were front runners for Tobias, but TJ saying that has some serious merit... he isn't a guy who speculates like that without something to base it on.

I'm not sure the hate on Niko is TJ's or sourced... TJ hates him.

If we come out of the draft tonight with Eric Paschal I'd be so damn happy. Still think we should move on from Favs, but having a few stretch 4 options that are cheap would be awesome.

He is really underselling what the market will be for Ariza, Green and Gay... those guys will make twice the room exception. If we keep Favs I'm going to say it's almost guaranteed we get Carroll... if Vince Carter would consider us I'd gladly have him too... I think he may end up on the Heat.
Paschal and Carroll would make me happy. DeMarre’s numbers are similar to Jae’s. Mostly better even. He even looks a little like Jae so would be the perfect replacement.